HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik replaces agent!?

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Wild Thing

vCash: 500
Gabrik replaces agent!?

Breaking news on the Wild message boards is that Gaborik is not happy with the way his contract negotiations are going, and that he's dumped Walsh and given the lead role in the negotiations to Walsh's partner. According to some posters from Slovakia, Gaborik was on television there today saying that he never wanted $6.5 million, he's displeased with Walsh, and he wants the deal to get done soon. If this is true, I think the whole thing is just about over.

Can anyone here read Slovak and translate this for us?

Link in Slovak

Old
10-13-2003, 09:07 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Breaking news on the Wild message boards is that Gaborik is not happy with the way his contract negotiations are going, and that he's dumped Walsh and given the lead role in the negotiations to Walsh's partner. According to some posters from Slovakia, Gaborik was on television there today saying that he never wanted $6.5 million, he's displeased with Walsh, and he wants the deal to get done soon. If this is true, I think the whole thing is just about over.

Can anyone here read Slovak and translate this for us?

Link in Slovak
Atleast it appears somone from that side of the negotiations has brains, though he just left Walsh for Walsh's partner, you have to wonder how much a change this is. Still, getting any seperation from Walsh who was beginning to look as intelligent as the Iraqi Information Minister, is a very good idea for Gaborik. As for if this saga is coming to an end, I'll believe it when I see it. Walsh's partner will have to want exactly half of what Walsh himself was asking to sign the latest Wild offer.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:18 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan
Atleast it appears somone from that side of the negotiations has brains, though he just left Walsh for Walsh's partner, you have to wonder how much a change this is. Still, getting any seperation from Walsh who was beginning to look as intelligent as the Iraqi Information Minister, is a very good idea for Gaborik. As for if this saga is coming to an end, I'll believe it when I see it. Walsh's partner will have to want exactly half of what Walsh himself was asking to sign the latest Wild offer.
For what its worth, Havlat's deal was negotiated by Walsh's partner, Schatia, while Walsh was with Havlat at the airport, as he was about to leave for the Czech.

I don't know if anything can be read into that, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:37 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
For what its worth, Havlat's deal was negotiated by Walsh's partner, Schatia, while Walsh was with Havlat at the airport, as he was about to leave for the Czech.

I don't know if anything can be read into that, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Well, I'm going to read a whole bunch into it and spend the rest of the day happy... Laa laa laa ..

Old
10-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I sure hope so, i want this guy in uniform.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:44 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu

Thanks for that info. I didn't know that. Maybe Havlat knew Walsh was a cancer and drew him away while Walsh's partner snuck in the back door and signed a deal

DOes everyone, icluding his own agents and staff, think Walsh is a complete idiot?

Old
10-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Evilo

Walsh is not doing his job right now.
Fleury signed at the last minute. If CP had more time, he wouldn't have signed the Dipietro deal. Walsh asked for much more (you have to wonder how much he wanted Fleury to earn).
For Havlat he wasn't responsible for the signing, and Muckler's hard stance put him in a bad position.
For the Wild's players, now there's hope for Gaborik... For Dupuis however...

Old
10-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Walsh is not doing his job right now.
Fleury signed at the last minute. If CP had more time, he wouldn't have signed the Dipietro deal. Walsh asked for much more (you have to wonder how much he wanted Fleury to earn).
For Havlat he wasn't responsible for the signing, and Muckler's hard stance put him in a bad position.
For the Wild's players, now there's hope for Gaborik... For Dupuis however...
Hopefully Dupuis follows Gaborik`s example and Dumps that moron. I hope something finally gets done now between Gaborik and Minnesota

Old
10-13-2003, 10:30 AM
ceber

It's probably all part of Walsh's plan. Play the hardass, get guys holding out, get teams to up their offers, then at the last minute his partner comes in and plays the good guy.. "Look, things have gotten out of hand here, let's just sit down and work something out, right now." The teams are eager to hear from a guy who sounds reasonable, and are in the mood to just get something done, so they both give a little on each side and it ends up seeming like a good deal.

Old
10-13-2003, 12:37 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
It's probably all part of Walsh's plan. Play the hardass, get guys holding out, get teams to up their offers, then at the last minute his partner comes in and plays the good guy.. "Look, things have gotten out of hand here, let's just sit down and work something out, right now." The teams are eager to hear from a guy who sounds reasonable, and are in the mood to just get something done, so they both give a little on each side and it ends up seeming like a good deal.
Sure didn't work for Havlat. I don't see how 1.6 mill is a win for the Walsh camp. I guess time will tell with gabby, though I still think they were dumb to turn down the last offer the got from the Wild.

Old
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

Well at least Walsh is gone. Hopefully Pascal can do the same and get Walsh out. Hopefully this Schiata guy will be reasonable and get a deal done. It really does sound like Marian wants to get back with the team. Hopefully he does soon!!!

Old
10-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
That's what I was thinking.

Old
10-13-2003, 02:40 PM
serum114

Paging Mike Comrie, attention Mike Comrie: All Walsh's clients are coming to their senses, please remove your head from your a--.

C'mon Mikey, be Edmonton's favourite son again :-)

Old
10-13-2003, 11:50 PM
c-carp

Good maybe he is coming to his sences and they will work it out and he will be playing in the NHL soon. The league could use him.

Old
10-14-2003, 02:12 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Paging Mike Comrie, attention Mike Comrie: All Walsh's clients are coming to their senses, please remove your head from your a--.

C'mon Mikey, be Edmonton's favourite son again :-)
I thought Comrie's agent was Rich Winter and his whole thing wasn't so much about the money but the issues surrounding the way things were handled after the playoff loss last year and whatnot.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:03 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
One has to wonder why this didn't happen sooner. Let's not forget the caliber of players these guys are. Gaborik is a bonafide star, Dupuis is just a good player who is the 2nd banana on a team that never going to be an offensive power house under Jacques Lemaire. 2 million is the absolute max Dupuis will get. I'm sure someone like Bouchard, Brunette (who already can), or another up and coming player like Christoph Brander in time can provde similar production. On as team like this, it could be anyone.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
10-14-2003, 06:59 AM
IGM

I am just curious, aren't Walsh and Schiat still partners? If they are then I would tend to think that Ceber is right and it is the old good cop bad cop thing that is going on here. I mean, maybe I missed it but I didn't see where it said that Walsh and this guy aren't still partners. Is anyone sure that they don't work together anymore?

Old
10-14-2003, 01:43 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 120

Closed Thread