HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petiot recalled, Army, Luc & Weaver injured...

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Petiot recalled, Army, Luc & Weaver injured...

The Los Angeles Kings have recalled defenseman Richard Petiot from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League and have placed center Derek Armstrong on the injured reserve list (retroactive to October 25) with a groin injury, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.

In addition, Kings left wing Luc Robitaille (fractured lower leg) and defenseman Mike Weaver (foot) will not travel with the Kings today to Dallas as the club leaves for a two-game road trip.

Petiot, 23, played in six games with the Monarchs this season and has three points (all assists) and eight penalty minutes. He attended Kings training camp and was placed on the injured reserve list on October 4 (retroactive to September 27) due to a rib contusion. He was activated from the injured reserve list and assigned to Manchester on October 11.

The 6-3, 200-pound Petiot has not played in a regular season NHL game. He is a native of Daysland, Alberta, and was the Kings’ fourth-round (116th overall) selection in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He will wear No. 2.

Armstrong, 32, suffered the injury during a Kings practice and has missed the last two games. In 10 games with the Kings this season, the 6-0, 190-pounder from Ottawa has recorded nine points (2-7=9) and four penalty minutes, with the seven assists tied for second for the club lead. In 219 career NHL games with the Kings, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders, Armstrong has 101 points (37-64=101) and 123 penalty minutes.

The Kings (8-4-0, 16 points) begin a two-game road trip in Dallas tomorrow, Wednesday, at 5 p.m. (PT) before ending the trip on Thursday night in Phoenix at 5:30 p.m. (PT). Both contests will be broadcast on FSN West, KSPN Radio 710 and along the Kings Radio Network.

Last edited by jfont: 11-01-2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: took out lgk link
Old
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
this comes on the heels of everyone talking a whole lotta s*** about the Ducks and their injury woes this morning... see what happens!

Old
11-01-2005, 03:15 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
OK, so... when did Luc break a leg?

Old
11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
JR tried to teach him how to dance...didn't take.....

Old
11-01-2005, 03:38 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

To be realistic here, Army's groin injury is not new news. Luc's injury is new, and Weaver is just having foot issues. Neither Army or Weaver's injuries sound like they'll be out much longer at all. Luc OTOH - may be out for a while.

It'd be nice to know if Bure plans on playing this year though.

Old
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Luc OTOH - may be out for a while.
The interesting thing is why didnt the Kings place Luc on IR.

Current Roster

FORWARDS (12) Avery E.Belanger K.Belanger Brown Cammalleri Conroy Cowan Demitra Frolov Kostopoulos Parros Roenick

DEFENSEMEN (7) Corvo Dempsey Gleason Miller Norstrom Petoit Visnovsky

GOALTENDERS (2)Garon LaBarbera

HURT (2) Robitaille Weaver

IR (2) Armstrong Bure

Old
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
The interesting thing is why didnt the Kings place Luc on IR.
They end up doing these retroactive things anyway...

A friend of mine, who is a good friend of Luc's just IMed me and said that he got hit with a puck and didn't think it was serious (at the time.)

Old
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Word

Quote:
They end up doing these retroactive things anyway...

A friend of mine, who is a good friend of Luc's just IMed me and said that he got hit with a puck and didn't think it was serious (at the time.)
Thanks for the info. I hope the Kings dont lose him for an extended period of time. The Kings dont have the scoring depth IMHO.

Last edited by Word: 11-01-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
I'm pretty excited to see Petiot play. Will he be in the lineup against Dallas or will Dempsey play?

Old
11-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I'm pretty excited to see Petiot play. Will he be in the lineup against Dallas or will Dempsey play?
My guess is that Petiot will play. I would hate to see the Kings recall him and then place him in the pressbox for a game or two. He needs the ice time.

Old
11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
My guess is that Petiot will play. I would hate to see the Kings recall him and then place him in the pressbox for a game or two. He needs the ice time.

they may go with 7 defenseman.

Old
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Mindcircus

Here's another article on the matter courtesy of Yahoo Sports.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles Kings left wing Luc Robitaille might miss two to four weeks with a broken right leg.

The 39-year-old Robitaille had been playing despite the injury. But he felt persistent soreness in the leg, and an MRI revealed the fracture, the Kings said.

Robitaille has four goals and three assists this season.

The Kings also will be without defenseman Mike Weaver for their two-game road trip beginning Wednesday night in Dallas. He has a foot injury.

On Tuesday, the Kings placed center Derek Armstrong, who has a groin injury, on the injured list and recalled defenseman Richard Petiot from Manchester of the AHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Old
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
fuzzerson
ˇÁndele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Hard to say, at his age your bones are brittle.

Old
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzerson
Hard to say, at his age your bones are brittle.
FOSAMAX, baby!

Old
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
jeffreyaa

Think Clarke will be called up again?

Old
11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I thin Ken Belanger is going to get a few more games in now.

He'll definately play in Dallas and have a rematch with Erskine.

Old
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm going to guess that Ken Belanger will be playing LW in Luc's spot with Parros at RW and Avery or JR at center. Although I'd rather just stick Cowan between the two lugs and put Avery back with E.Belanger and Kostopoulos. More than likely, a center will be double shifting with K.Belanger and Parros getting their 5 (or less) mins in.
JR should probably be moved back up between Brown and Cammalleri.

As for the defense, it would seem logical to replace Weaver's vacancy with another right-hand shot, so Dempsey should be filling in. He'll also give us another option on the PP (please get Norstrom off of there).

Old
11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
King Blazer

Army= 9-pts in 10-games ave. about 15min/game
Luc= 7-pts in 11-games ave. about 14min/game
Weaver = Can play on the PK ave. about 15min/game

I think they'll all be missed. That's a BIG chunk of points and time for the forwards to pick-up.

Cammalleri for center!

Old
11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Where's Saprykin Fan?

Dean, sound off!!!!

11-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Osprey

At least this ends the JR-Luc experiment. Hopefully, JR will get moved back to his 1st line and Avery can perhaps take Armstrong's spot on the 3rd line.

Old
11-01-2005, 07:04 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
At least this ends the JR-Luc experiment. Hopefully, JR will get moved back to his 1st line and Avery can perhaps take Armstrong's spot on the 3rd line.
These moves make sense. I'd like to have a look at Cammalleri between Roenick and Brown.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:10 PM
ILuvLA

Found this on the other board...

Kings' VP Mike Altieri sent the following clarification on today's roster moves made by the team.

"To limit any confusion from the fans on what took place today, here is a breakdown:

Mike Weaver was hit on the foot with a puck during practice yesterday and is unable to play. Luc had been hit on the lower leg by a slash a few games ago and had xrays which were negative. The pain persisted and he had a bone scan which was negative. He continued to play and it was getting worse for him so he had an MRI that revealed the fracture. He will likely be out 2-4 weeks.

Derek Armstrong is improving but was placed on the IR so that we could recall a defenseman as we like to carry 7 defensemen. Richard Petiot was playing better than Grebeshkov and we like to reward the most deserving players when we make callups. I don't know how serious the Weaver injury is, but he is in too much pain to play at the moment and will be reevaluated daily. "

Old
11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Where's Saprykin Fan?

Dean, sound off!!!!
I'v been reading this whole thread thinking the same thing

Old
11-02-2005, 10:45 AM
King Blazer

I hope Petiot has the opportunity to play. Albi asked on another board if Petiot was NHL ready and my response to him was he's the most NHL ready defenseman we've got in Manchester. After Petiot, you're probably looking at Grebeshkov and it really ends there. Grebeshkov has continued to struggle with his consistency on a nightly basis in Manchester. So, at this point, wrt NHL capable defenseman, it likely ends with Petiot...

It may be time for DT to work a deal for an NHL experienced d-man to place in Manchester. They filled out the Monarchs d-corps roster by signing Mark Ardelen to a PTO. Drafting the best players available seems to be a good strategy. They've acquired a lot of forwards over the past few seasons but when you look at the pipeline, there isn't much in terms of defensemen expected in Manchester any time soon...

Anyway, good luck to Petiot, he's definately earned this....

Old
11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA

Derek Armstrong is improving but was placed on the IR so that we could recall a defenseman as we like to carry 7 defensemen. Richard Petiot was playing better than Grebeshkov and we like to reward the most deserving players when we make callups. I don't know how serious the Weaver injury is, but he is in too much pain to play at the moment and will be reevaluated daily. "
Petiot doesnt do allot of things very flashy but IMO hes pretty solid on both ends of the ice.
I actually think Grebeshkov has regressed from last season IMO. i went to both games this weekend and he was horrible both nights. He was on the ice, shockingly enough for Philly's lone goal Saturday night a short handed breakaway goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I hope Petiot has the opportunity to play. Albi asked on another board if Petiot was NHL ready and my response to him was he's the most NHL ready defenseman we've got in Manchester. After Petiot, you're probably looking at Grebeshkov and it really ends there. Grebeshkov has continued to struggle with his consistency on a nightly basis in Manchester. So, at this point, wrt NHL capable defenseman, it likely ends with Petiot...

It may be time for DT to work a deal for an NHL experienced d-man to place in Manchester. They filled out the Monarchs d-corps roster by signing Mark Ardelen to a PTO. Drafting the best players available seems to be a good strategy. They've acquired a lot of forwards over the past few seasons but when you look at the pipeline, there isn't much in terms of defensemen expected in Manchester any time soon...

Anyway, good luck to Petiot, he's definately earned this....
totally agree with you. I was pretty impressed with him this weekend. He was by far the Monarchs best defenseman both games. I dont know who is out there for a veteran dman but now we clearly are going to need the help if Petiot is in LA for the long haul. If Grebs is going to be our best dman now. yikes. we are in trouble.

Closed Thread