HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

<< Eklund/RDS Rumour : MA Fleury for Pat Lalime ? >>

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2005, 07:12 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
and playing like crap other than like a 14-game stretch. there's a reason they let him walk
They traded him to Anaheim. IIRC, they wanted to keep him, but he was asking for something of the ridiculous nature.

His post-streak performances were indeed not much to write home about.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978
- MAF

for

- Lalime
- Brewer/Jackman (pick 1)
- Salvador/Roach/Backman (pick 1)

is not such an uneven deal for the Pens and Blues ... that is if St Louis REALLY wants MAF. It definitely sures up the Pens D. The original poster said 1 or 2 defensemen would be involved. Pens could move a veteran D man off their roster in the process by throwing in Odelein or Poapst.

This doesn't really help either of these teams make the playoffs this year though, and it leaves Pittsburgh with no 'goalie of the future'.
It really doesn't help the Blues either. Regardless of what is being offered the cost will be too high. We do have some solid players on D, but I would rather not trade them for a goalie. Not because MAF isn't better then our goalies, but because of the costs and what we do have in the stable. He isn't or hasn't demonstrated that his high end is so much better then our kids. I would rather move them for Malkin.

I don't buy this rumor at all. Especially w/ new ownership coming up.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Sure, the Pens can ask for Lalime and Backman AND Jackman in return for Fleury.

And the next two things they'll hear are a click and a dial tone. If I'm giving Backman and Jackman, I want Malkin or a 1st in 2006 coming back. (Doesn't matter which, either will be fine.)

And no - Schwarz is right out.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Sure, the Pens can ask for Lalime and Backman AND Jackman in return for Fleury.

And the next two things they'll hear are a click and a dial tone. If I'm giving Backman and Jackman, I want Malkin or a 1st in 2006 coming back. (Doesn't matter which, either will be fine.)

And no - Schwarz is right out.
And in response to your position:

*click and dial tone*

Old
11-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan

*click and dial tone*
And in response to your positon...

Eklund: DEAL IMMINENT (E5).

Old
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
And in response to your positon...

Eklund: DEAL IMMINENT (E5).
............. bank on it baby.

Though I would guess that the deal involves Rick Jackman not MAF unless it is for an unbelievable return . . . he was on a relative tear and was held out of tonights' game. Perhaps to make sure that he does not get injured?

However if MAF goes for Lalime and a pylon then the Pens will lose much of their fan base.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:19 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Have people forgotten that the Penguins already have a #1 goalie? This is completely assaine (not your post, the rumor itself)
gkj,
Consider that the Pens would possibly find themselve in the position of having to take Lalime (namely, his salary) as part of a trade.

If I were Pittsburgh, and the Blues were offering Jackman and Brewer for Fleury and the absorption of Lalime's contract, I'd do that. Forget that M-A was a first overall pick and what he MIGHT become, and remember that the windows of Mario and Recchi are quickly slamming shut. Two young defensemen like Jackman and Brewer for a prospect goaltender? Gosh, where do I sign?

Goalies are like pitchers in baseball. They should be selected lower in the draft in bulk. They take much longer to develop, and few have come close to what they'll become when only 18 years old.

Eh, it's all speculation for now.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Dang, I'll give you Nabokov for Malkin. Keep Fleury and be happy with Crosby. Win-win right?

11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan

*click and dial tone*
I agree. If I didn't hear that, I'd be somewhere past

Old
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Murphy*

Yeah, this sounds like something I'd scream at PK after I've just had 22 drinks.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Claypool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
gkj,
Forget that M-A was a first overall pick and what he MIGHT become, and remember that the windows of Mario and Recchi are quickly slamming shut.
They're not trading their goalie of the future just so Lemieux and Recchi MIGHT win a stanley cup this season.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
hockey_nut

never put "serious" and "rumor" in the same sentence

Old
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool
They're not trading their goalie of the future just so Lemieux and Recchi MIGHT win a stanley cup this season.
I'm not sure if this post is just horribly worded, or what, but winning the Stanley Cup is kind of the idea. Stockpiling prospects is not.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Pens1566

Kind of hard for scouts to see MAF at the PENS game when he's in WBS! Pens are more likely to deal Rick Jackman, seeing as he was a healthy scratch tonight.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm not sure if this post is just horribly worded, or what, but winning the Stanley Cup is kind of the idea. Stockpiling prospects is not.
But when you are not a contender, you don't mortgage the future. Especially when doing it to bring in a goalie who has proven he can't deliver.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
never put "serious" and "rumor" in the same sentence

.......... not to mention when you add the word "Eklund" to the mix.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:26 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

Just to play a little bit of Devil's advocate here, cause this is what i do best. If i'm Pitt, MAF's stock right now is really high and probably higher than what he's really worth. Teams that would be interested in him will probably overpay to get him, and if I'm the Penguins, i'm trading him if teams are willing to give me good defensemen because right now, they have crap on the blue line. If St. Louis were willing to give up two decent defensemen along with Lalime, i'm taking it because they can then swing Lalime over to Atlanta for another defenseman or two, and then ship a couple Dmen to SJ for Toskala/Schaefer/Nabby. And the hockey world will be a happy place for everyone

Old
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
DJ Spinoza

This trade makes no sense for either team. The Blues have a good group of defensive players, and a good group of goalie prospects, although none with quite as high a potential as Fleury. The Pens have groomed Fleury to be their franchise goalie, and already have a guy in Thibault who is probably about even with Lalime.

In Pens related news though, Ric Jackman was a healthy scratch, which is leading to speculation he may be traded... His play of late has been pretty good.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
wasting time

RDS comes up with total crap for rumors as bad as any web site.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Pittsburgh would have to out of their minds to even think about maybe possibly accepting that sort of trade.

Although, if I were a Blues fan, I'd be hoping for an early Christmas too.
I'd have to agree, why would Pittsburgh trade Fleury....it'd certainly have to be a pretty sweet deal for them to move him.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Claypool*

Let's not forget the Pens are not going to add another 2 million dollars to payroll on another goaltender.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Gert B Frobe

Lemieux should trade himself and MAF for Daymond Langkow and Iginla - then and only then could Pens fans utter the word Stanley (very quietly in the privacy of their own homes)

Old
11-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
This just in - Crosby will be the next to go, Ecklund thinks it will be to Ottawa for Smolinski. The Pens would really like to get a good Vet. 2 way centre.
Sweet, With the other (retarded) trade thread of Sundin coming to Ottawa for a prospect and a pick and Crosby coming to the Sens for Smolinski the Sens are set. We lose one guy from our roster and our forwards are:
Heatley-Spezza-Havlat
Crosby-Sundin-Alfredsson
Scaeffer-Fisher-Vermette
Varada-Kelly-Neil

Old
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Claypool*

"Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, the Penguins' No. 1 overall draft choice in 2003, was named the Koho/AHL Goaltender of the Month for October after going 6-0-0 with a 1.17 goals-against average and a .955 save percentage with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins."

Yeah, his play really indicates he's in the "doghouse" Eklund.

Old
11-02-2005, 12:17 AM
fred2792

And what about Lalime for a third round choice? It's not he's value right now?? Or a fourth, yes, I thing it's more like that...

Closed Thread