HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

<< Eklund/RDS Rumour : MA Fleury for Pat Lalime ? >>

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
I saw this yesterday. My question is: how exactly is MAF $500-600K sitting around doing nothing?

When he's making about $100K being God of the AHL.

Now Poapst is 500k sitting around doing nothing.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Lionel Hutz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
When he's making about $100K being God of the AHL.

Now Poapst is 500k sitting around doing nothing.
Exactly, that statement has two elements, and both are wayyyy off-base.

Old
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Takeo

Quote:
I don't think the return is enough, but it does not matter, it just does not make sense.
Because of Schwarz? I actually forgot about him.

Old
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Malkin is not playing this year and we don't know what he'll do in the NHL, why not dump him for some immediate help?
How's my Nabokov proposal sounding?

11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
id laugh at this thread but i think after 2 hrs of laughing id die cuz i wouldnt be able to get proper oxygen

Old
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM
MM425

This is isnsane.

That is all.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Jaded-Fan

Can some Mod at least change the title of this thread now? Obviously the rumor is looking less and less 'serious' by the moment.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
HockeyCritter

I do not see the Pens taking on any more salary ---- if they were, they'd bite the bullet and bring up Fleury.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter
I do not see the Pens taking on any more salary ---- if they were, they'd bite the bullet and bring up Fleury.

Ba Da Ding.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:26 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
Gotta love rumors.

One completely unreliable source says a team is interested in a goalie from a team and guesses it's Fleury...and now half the league is in the running for Fleury.
That's the funny part of this rumour.....The original rumour was that StL was looking at one of the Pens goalies, with most speculation that it was Caron to serve as a #1B for them. This cleared the way for MAF to take over in Pittsburgh Full Time, with JT serving as a heavy load carrying back-up.

........next thing you know, Eklund gets a hold of this and runs with it as MAF going to StL and RDS follows his lead. Now, MAFis supposedly in the "doghouse" (even though he is tearing up the AHL with out of this world play) according to the rumour mongers, and is going to every team via trade for a leftover spare part.

The most surprising part of this rumour is that Garrioch or Strachan didn't come up with it first.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
That's the funny part of this rumour.....The original rumour was that StL was looking at one of the Pens goalies, with most speculation that it was Caron to serve as a #1B for them. This cleared the way for MAF to take over in Pittsburgh Full Time, with JT serving as a heavy load carrying back-up.

........next thing you know, Eklund gets a hold of this and runs with it as MAF going to StL and RDS follows his lead. Now, MAFis supposedly in the "doghouse" (even though he is tearing up the AHL with out of this world play) according to the rumour mongers, and is going to every team via trade for a leftover spare part.

The most surprising part of this rumour is that Garrioch or Strachan didn't come up with it first.

........ and 'Deal Imminent' according to Ek what? 36 hours ago? I think that he meant to say 'Deal made up' but mispoke.

Old
11-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Jaded-Fan

He that shall not be named (but what the hell, in this case quoted) is back-tracking big time on this. Shocking, isn't it? :

Let`s get down into the Marc-Andre Fleury thing. I have been inundated with emails involving this. I may have been the first to report this possibility, but other outlets have gone further than I did. RDS in Canada reported this as well, saying that Lalime and some defensemen may be headed the other way. I honestly still have not heard another name, although I did get word that Edmonton was also inquiring about Fleury.

I just spoke with a "very in the know" at the Penguins who insisted that Fleury is the goalie of the future and that there was zero chance that he was going anywhere. That is the official word at this time. I will continue to monitor this situation closely, and my Penguins sources will as well.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx

Old
11-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
I have been reading many of your emails wanting more rumors from me. I don`t work that way unfortunately. I realize I have reported only a handful of rumors in October, but I do not just make stuff up.

Old
11-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Eklund:

although I did get word that Edmonton was also inquiring about Fleury.
Lots of people did... 640 Toronto reported it yesterday.

This guy is a joke. TSN said Lowe was in the building for the Sabres game tonight.. it doesn't take an inside source to report that.

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 11-02-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old
11-02-2005, 11:07 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
He that shall not be named (but what the hell, in this case quoted) is back-tracking big time on this. Shocking, isn't it? :

Let`s get down into the Marc-Andre Fleury thing. I have been inundated with emails involving this. I may have been the first to report this possibility, but other outlets have gone further than I did. RDS in Canada reported this as well, saying that Lalime and some defensemen may be headed the other way. I honestly still have not heard another name, although I did get word that Edmonton was also inquiring about Fleury.

I just spoke with a "very in the know" at the Penguins who insisted that Fleury is the goalie of the future and that there was zero chance that he was going anywhere. That is the official word at this time. I will continue to monitor this situation closely, and my Penguins sources will as well.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx

no shock though it really suprises me that people would hold anything this guy says seriousily

he obviousily makes it all up

11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick
no shock though it really suprises me that people would hold anything this guy says seriousily

he obviousily makes it all up

... can't you read? *points up* 'but I do not just make stuff up. '

Sheesh.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:07 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
... can't you read? *points up* 'but I do not just make stuff up. '

Sheesh.
yeah i saw Jaded

Old
11-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Lionel Hutz

I think he should go back to being a non-usable source. I don't care if he works for sportsnet, he is not a reliable source. He is a fantasy plagued teenager.

Closed Thread