HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque compliments Langdon

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Hab at it

vCash: 500
Laraque compliments Langdon

Here's the recent article from Laraque on RDS:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/...V3F85CEA0.html

Basically he says that Langdon was a good pick up in the waiver draft and will help the Habs.

He goes on to say that Langdon is one of the best fighters in the league who, while rarely ko'ing an opponent, doesn't lose fights and can also play hockey.

He goes on to say that when Langdon was still a 'nuck they fought 2 years ago and it was a draw with no winner or loser.

Pretty high praise coming from the reigning heavyweight champ of the league!

Old
10-10-2003, 09:39 AM
HABitude

I read a lot on the style of fighting of Langdon. He fights in a very safe way, most of his fights are boring to watch, because he hooks the jersey a lot. Opposite of Dwyer's way of fighting (a very open fight, very risky).

When the other pugilist tries hard to free one of his hand, that's where Langdon is strong, he is very patient and wait that second to take advantage. He is not named 2nd best finishing fighter for nothing.

I don't expect spectacular fights with Langdon but just a respected pugilist who will do his job. He doesn't take stupid penalties and he knows when to drop gloves. Can't wait to see him against Domi!

Old
10-10-2003, 11:35 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I read a lot on the style of fighting of Langdon. He fights in a very safe way, most of his fights are boring to watch, because he hooks the jersey a lot. Opposite of Dwyer's way of fighting (a very open fight, very risky).

When the other pugilist tries hard to free one of his hand, that's where Langdon is strong, he is very patient and wait that second to take advantage. He is not named 2nd best finishing fighter for nothing.

I don't expect spectacular fights with Langdon but just a respected pugilist who will do his job. He doesn't take stupid penalties and he knows when to drop gloves. Can't wait to see him against Domi!
Are you saying that yesterday's fight between Dwyer and Neil was way better than the one we're going to see between Langdon and someone else???

excuse me but dwyer's fight was more of a dance then a fight!!!

Fat

Old
10-10-2003, 01:05 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Can't wait to see him against Domi!
Yeah, hopefully Langdon wins his first fight

Old
10-10-2003, 02:05 PM
FlavorFlav

Dwyer's fight was laughable, or more accurately a sheer embarassment for the team. What was with him slipping into the boards? How this guy ever earned the title 'enforcer' with ANY team is a mystery to me...

Thank God we got Langdon.

Old
10-10-2003, 02:09 PM
BLONG7

How soon before Langer is in the line-up???

Old
10-10-2003, 02:20 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
How soon before Langer is in the line-up???
I think he will be in the lineup tommorow against the Leafs...we need his toughness desperately

Old
10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
FlavorFlav

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
I think he will be in the lineup tommorow against the Leafs...we need his toughness desperately
I sincerely hope so. I respect Dwyer for standing up for his teammates and stirring the pot to get the team going, but I honestly worry that he is going to get SERIOUSLY injured every time he fights.

Closed Thread