HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal Montreal - Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2005, 04:33 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Proposal Montreal - Nashville

To Montreal: Marek Zidlicky

To Nashville: Mike Ribeiro + Mark Streit

Montreal really needs a PP quarterback right now while Nashville is quite weak down the middle with Legwand not even getting first PP minutes, averaging about 12 minutes a game and Perreault as second line center... outch!!

Nashville has several young highly skilled defensemans growing so I guess the lost of Zidlicky wouldnt hurt that much while Streit still could become a nice NHLer down the road... Streit is just not ready to handle our PP right now and I dont think we can afford to wait until it happens if of course this ever happen...

Plekanec become one of our 3 first centers..

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Zednik Plekanec Ryder

Bulis Bonk Sundstrom

Higgins Begin Dandeneault

Markov Rivet

Souray Zidlicky

Bouillon Komisarek

Thoughts?

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-03-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Old
11-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

A general thought... if Nashville wanted a Ribeiro-like offensive presence on their second line, I suppose they could just start playing Simon Gamache more? But with a number of smaller forwards already providing their offense, I'm not sure this kind of move would interest them. Granted, their defensive depth might one day allow them to deal some away. But would it be for a guy like Ribeiro? I'm doubting...

Old
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Zidlicky has A LOT more value than Mike Ribeiro imo, and Mark Streit has little to no trade value, so adding him in doesn't do anything.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

counter proposal :
Souray, Komisarek, Kostitsyn (3.03 million)

for

Timonen, Zidlicky (3.61 million)

Old
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
counter proposal :

for

WE NEED A BIG BODY CENTERMAN WHO CAN SCORE ... not trade dmen for dmen + kostitsyn

Old
11-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Jordoe28

What is with all these MTL proposals on here. The Habs are doing great with the team they have, to trade now and break up a good thing would just be stupid.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordoe28
What is with all these MTL proposals on here. The Habs are doing great with the team they have, to trade now and break up a good thing would just be stupid.
The PP quarterback need is a rouse, NewHabsArea likes to pimp Tomas Plekanec and wants to open up the 2nd line centre spot for him, hence the trade proposal.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:52 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordoe28
We need another defenseman, but not for core players as suggested here.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:55 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Catch 22 - The Canadiens could use an upgrade on D, but it would cost them a core player. Therefore don't expect a deal (unless it's of the trade deadline/rental player variety.)

Old
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Catch 22 - The Canadiens could use an upgrade on D, but it would cost them a core player. Therefore don't expect a deal (unless it's of the trade deadline/rental player variety.)
I think the deal makes sense in that you can move Bonk up to the second line and then give Higgins and Pleks the remaining center spots and we upgrade our D.

I'm not so sure Higgins is ready for that kind of job. They did move him to left wing because of his lack of size. Not sure if that's still an issue...

Old
11-03-2005, 11:23 AM
habfan4

Quote:
I think the deal makes sense in that you can move Bonk up to the second line and then give Higgins and Pleks the remaining center spots and we upgrade our D.

I'm not so sure Higgins is ready for that kind of job. They did move him to left wing because of his lack of size. Not sure if that's still an issue...
I don't think the move is necessary, the blue line chipped in a few points against the Panthers and the PP looks like it's starting to gel. Moving Bonk to the 2nd line could decimate the Habs balanced scoring (Radek is capable but certainly a downgrade in terms of generating offence when compared to Ribeiro). It also requires some serious line juggling and opens a hole on the 4th line.

Old
11-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
To Montreal: Marek Zidlicky

To Nashville: Mike Ribeiro + Mark Streit

Montreal really needs a PP quarterback right now while Nashville is quite weak down the middle with Legwand not even getting first PP minutes, averaging about 12 minutes a game and Perreault as second line center... outch!!

Nashville has several young highly skilled defensemans growing so I guess the lost of Zidlicky wouldnt hurt that much while Streit still could become a nice NHLer down the road... Streit is just not ready to handle our PP right now and I dont think we can afford to wait until it happens if of course this ever happen...

Plekanec become one of our 3 first centers..

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Zednik Plekanec Ryder

Bulis Bonk Sundstrom

Higgins Begin Dandeneault

Markov Rivet

Souray Zidlicky

Bouillon Komisarek

Thoughts?

Is it the only way you can find in order to let Plekanec get the second line center spot?

Old
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

I actully think Bonk could be on the outs for MTL. Now the question is, is there any team interest in him and at what cost. MTL would be looking for an off. D but then we would have too many D. I don't want to see Komi in the press box every game.

Maybe a Souray+Bonk deal for a top D-man and a 3rd/4th liner or pick/prospect could be done later in the year.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Pepper

Ribeiro + Streit for Zidlicky isn't actually that far off in terms of value but Nashville needs bigger and tougher centers than Ribeiro.

Old
11-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
counter proposal :

for

Montreal gets REAMED out in that deal IMO.

And if I were Montreal, I'd trade Ribeiro and Streit for Zidlicky faster than you can say Pierre Dagenais.

Old
11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Ribeiro + Streit for Zidlicky isn't actually that far off in terms of value but Nashville needs bigger and tougher centers than Ribeiro.

Agree with all of that.

Old
11-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
To me Nashville needs a top 6 center, not a big grinding center. Big, physical and talented centers are very hard to come by and will cost a lot. If Nashville really felt they needed a playmaking center who can play a top 6 role and has yet to hit his peak, I think Ribeiro would fit in very well on their team. They would have to give up much more to get a big, physical top 6 guy.

Also, it's not as if they lack toughness, so adding a player like Ribeiro doesn't hurt them in that category. With Ribeiro's playmaking skills, and their talented wingers, they could put up some nice numbers.

As for the value, imo it is pretty close. I think Montreal needs a PP quaterback, but I don't know how much they'd be willing to give up to get one. If they use Markov and Kovalev on the point, they could have PP success.

Old
11-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

This may have been suggested before, but come deadline time, assuming they're out of it, what about Steve Rucchin to the Preds? Big, strong, good defensively, has some skill, and a history of success with Kariya. Could probably be had for a pick (2nd-3rd or thereabouts) or a decent prospect.

Old
11-03-2005, 08:53 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
What about Bulis? He's the only core player outside the top 6 who would likely bring a decent return.

I'm not sure Nashville is a great trading partner anyway, since they're not parting with Eaton or Markov, who are the style of defenseman Montreal are likely chasing.

Old
11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Spooky371*

Ew, after saw last game V.S. Florida I can say this thing : we DONT need another defensman.

Markov is becoming a legitimate #1 defensman, Souray pass overrated to underrated (hes not that bad in last 2-3 games), Komisarek need to improve but I clearly see him becoming a top 4 D, Streit are ok, Dandenault is good and Rivet play like a #2 defensman( Yes he ! )

No, we dont need additional D.

Old
11-03-2005, 09:40 PM
MXD

I don't know that much Nashville team...
I know their 2nd center is Yanic Perreault, which should more a 4th center-FO Man, 2nd PP wave guy.

Taking from what you just says, Radek Bonk would be something of a fit there. And he likely lost his 3rd center job to Steve Begin

So it would go :
To Nashville : Radek Bonk and a 3rd or 4th pick
To Montreal : Kimmo Timmonen.

But two problems ahead

1st : MTL have 8 D-Mens. Amongst them, Markov, Bouillon and Rivet are "untouchables" (as long as they remain with Montreal), Souray might come through sooner or later, and Dandenault is okay as a D-Men. MarK Streit must play 30 games or becomes a VERY expensive unefficient PP QB. Who remains? Komisarek. And so far the only D-Men who deserves more playing time than the one he had right now.

2nd : Well, Nashville still don't have a good 2nd center... As a 2nd center, Bonk is at the very best average, and while he probably skates faster than Tomas Vokoun and Brian Finley (read : He's no Devereaux Heshmatpour), he's nowhere near "fast". They are in the playoff run, and they could get much better than Bonk for Timmonen (or Zidlicky)

As for Ribeiro + Streit for Zidlicky, well....

Value-wise, that makes sense. Montreal would lose a lot, Mike Ribeiro can't be replaced with what Montreal have right now without a downgrade. Bonk is a toned-down Ribeiro with defensive awareness, Plekanec is a fast skater yet his playmaking skills are average, Higgins is a very wise two-way center but it's not the kind of center to put with Ryder or Dagenais (maybe Zednik, though) because he would like end up running after his linemates mistakes half the time.

Souray - Komisarek - A.Kos for Timmonen and Zidlicky doesn't make sense for both teams. Nashville needs a center, and Montreal only one able offensive D-men, not two.

Bottom line for MTL: Forget the fact that he weights 245 pounds and is the "de facto" enforcer and try Komisarek during the PP as they tried ANYONE but him without much success so far. AND NO, CRAIG RIVET ISN'T A LONG TERM ANSWER, NOR FRANCIS BOUILLON.

Bottom line for NSH : ... Well, at least they're gonna have a good FO%!

Old
11-03-2005, 09:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Are you kidding? Bonk for Timonen? with a generous 3rd\4th thrown in?

I'd rather stick with Perreault, and I'm not even really a fan of his, despite the fact that he's got 5 goals so far.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:22 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

I'd rather stick with Perreault, and I'm not even really a fan of his, despite the fact that he's got 5 goals so far.
It's a bit what I'm saying. The Habs got a big, able Center (Bonk) but it would make no sense for Nashville to grab him as ...well... is not that great. So the guy to help Predators is elsewhere than in Montreal.

As for the pick, I don't think Montreal would be ready to give more than a 3rd pick for a rather old D-Men (I don't know how old exactly Timmonen is, but I'm quite sure he's over 30) who ISN'T a rental and ISN'T first-pairing material with so few quality D-Mens in the system ( O'Byrne?!?! Tomas Linhart?! Alexei Yemelin?!?! Konstandwarf Korneev?!?!?!)

Old
11-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
It's a bit what I'm saying. The Habs got a big, able Center (Bonk) but it would make no sense for Nashville to grab him as ...well... is not that great. So the guy to help Predators is elsewhere than in Montreal.

As for the pick, I don't think Montreal would be ready to give more than a 3rd pick for a rather old D-Men (I don't know how old exactly Timmonen is, but I'm quite sure he's over 30) who ISN'T a rental and ISN'T first-pairing material with so few quality D-Mens in the system ( O'Byrne?!?! Tomas Linhart?! Alexei Yemelin?!?! Konstandwarf Korneev?!?!?!)
Once again, shows how underrated Timonen is. He is easily a top-pairing guy on almost any team in the NHL. He has shown that he has great offensive talent (3 straight 40+ point seasons) and he very sound positionally on defence. The only knock against him would be that he is only 5'11. Other than that, he is very solid at both ends of the rink.

And he is 30, so it's not as though he's on the decline. He's still got 2-3 years left in his "prime." Also, I know it's early, but he's on pace for 48 points which isn't out the question.

As for Bonk vs. Perreault, it's no question to me. Bonk is a superior player in every aspect of the game besides faceoffs. Bonk's salary is a little high for sure, but he is by far a better player than Perreault.

Old
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

? You'd rather have Perreault than Bonk?

Closed Thread