HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal Montreal - Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2005, 10:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
? You'd rather have Perreault than Bonk?

even with his floating and lack of defense...yes....simply because he's a) cheaper and b) is likely going to score twice as many goals this year.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
even with his floating and lack of defense...yes....simply because he's a) cheaper and b) is likely going to score twice as many goals this year.
And still a gem on faceoffs

11-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
To me Nashville needs a top 6 center, not a big grinding center. Big, physical and talented centers are very hard to come by and will cost a lot. If Nashville really felt they needed a playmaking center who can play a top 6 role and has yet to hit his peak, I think Ribeiro would fit in very well on their team. They would have to give up much more to get a big, physical top 6 guy.
IMHO Nashville needs a big talented top1-2 center and yes, those are very expensive. They have their share of smallish topline forwards (Kariya, Sullivan, Perreault, Erat etc) so getting a smallish and certainly softist Ribeiro is not what they are looking for.

Quote:
Also, it's not as if they lack toughness, so adding a player like Ribeiro doesn't hurt them in that category. With Ribeiro's playmaking skills, and their talented wingers, they could put up some nice numbers.
They have toughness but it's on 3rd & 4th lines only.

Old
11-04-2005, 05:53 AM
mytor4*

markov is a all around better d--than zid. as a number 1 and pp d--i would take markov over zid anytime. look at there stats this yr because thats what counts.
markov is one of the most improved players at his position in the league. his pp points will come just wait.

Old
11-04-2005, 08:21 AM
MXD

Quote:
Once again, shows how underrated Timonen is. He is easily a top-pairing guy on almost any team in the NHL. He has shown that he has great offensive talent (3 straight 40+ point seasons) and he very sound positionally on defence. .
Ohhh... I thought Nashville's first pairing was Ryan Suter and Dan Hamhuis, sorry...

And IF it is Nashville 1st pairing, well, I don't think Kimmo Timmonen can be considered 1st pairing material then.

Sorry if I might offend people in Nashville. East Coast bias. We're all prone to this.

As for Montreal, he would likely be the 2nd D-Men.

Old
11-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
Ohhh... I thought Nashville's first pairing was Ryan Suter and Dan Hamhuis, sorry...

And IF it is Nashville 1st pairing, well, I don't think Kimmo Timmonen can be considered 1st pairing material then.

Sorry if I might offend people in Nashville. East Coast bias. We're all prone to this.

Umm, speak for yourself... IMO, Nashville has one of the best defensive corps in the league.

Timmonen, Zidlicky, and Hamhuis would all certainly be on our top pairing, if not our top D-man overall. Suter is well on his way to being that as well.

Old
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD

It could be argued that Hamhuis/ Suter is our top pairing (because they're that good), but Timo is still our best defenseman. I'd rank our d-men as follows: Timo, Hamhuis, Suter, Markov, Eaton, and Zids. Timo is paired with Zids to make up for Zids' defensive liabilites, which are much less pronounced than they used to be.

Old
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
wait until Perreault goes into a real slump... By the way, Bonk is a superior player in all aspects of the game imo. Many Perreault has a better shot, but Bonk is more useful. The only "good" reason would be that he is cheaper, but I'd rather not have Perreault, at any cost.

Old
11-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
IMHO Nashville needs a big talented top1-2 center and yes, those are very expensive. They have their share of smallish topline forwards (Kariya, Sullivan, Perreault, Erat etc) so getting a smallish and certainly softist Ribeiro is not what they are looking for.

They have toughness but it's on 3rd & 4th lines only.

Good point, I overlooked the fact that their top 6 is somewhat smallish. I like that they are talented, but as you said with Kariya, Sullivan etc...maybe Ribeiro wouldn't be as good a fit as I originally thought.

Still, if they are looking for a bigger top 6 guy, they have the resources to get one but it will cost them. If they are willing to part with some of their defensive talent, a move could probably be worked out to bring a bigger, tougher guy. Personally, I really like their defense corps as it is but if they wanted a top flight guy, I could understand letting go of one of their better guys.

In which case maybe Timonen would be the odd man out? I can't see Suter or Hamhuis getting moved and Eaton and Zidlicky won't get you a top flight guy. Although that's just my guess but imo Nashville has the resources to grap a top flight guy if they are willing to pay for him.

Old
11-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Umm, speak for yourself... IMO, Nashville has one of the best defensive corps in the league.

Timmonen, Zidlicky, and Hamhuis would all certainly be on our top pairing, if not our top D-man overall. Suter is well on his way to being that as well.
I agree, Nashville has built a very strong defense corps. Also, Timonen and Hamhuis be our top dmen and easily on our first pairing.

I'd put Markov ahead of Zidlicky because Markov has been unreal this year. I don't know if a Markov-Zidlicky pairing would work, so I could see Zid being moved to a second pairing, but I agree with your point that he would still be among our best defencemen.

Closed Thread