My Theory, No Carney, No D, No W.

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 10:40 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

vCash: 500
My Theory, No Carney, No D, No W.

Well... Since he is injured until November, I'm guessing that we're going to to go on a losing streak until then. Look at it, No Carney, the D falls apart and nothing works. We need Keith Back!!!! Soon!!!!

Old
10-10-2003, 11:02 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy
Well... Since he is injured until November, I'm guessing that we're going to to go on a losing streak until then. Look at it, No Carney, the D falls apart and nothing works. We need Keith Back!!!! Soon!!!!
I don't think it's as simple as that. We'll be a better team, especially defensively, once Carney gets back. But I think this team has not been able to "gel" yet. There's been a lot of changes, and there's an obvious let-down after last year. I hope they pull it together soon.

Also, we're getting our chances offensively, but haven't been able to bury them. Jiggy is often to his customary slow start. Krog is playing on the first line. We're taking dumb penalties. Our PP is dangerous at both ends of the ice. There's a ton of problems other than Carney being out.

Old
10-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Well...the offense certainly seems deeper than last season. But its pretty pathetic that we still are so dependent on Carney.

Old
10-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Snap Wilson

Carney might have made a difference in the last game, but not against Dallas. And frankly, we need to be able to win without one or two key cogs. Having him out is no excuse. We need to play better, period.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Sam Beckett

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam Beckett
Well hopefully with a couple days off till our next game.. they will be able to watch some tape and get some good practice time in and come out ready to go for the Home opener..

and we do play our next 6 at home I believe so maybe that will cure some of what ails us...

Go Ducks!!!

Old
10-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Bernie

This roster is significantly different from last year. Missing Carney is just a small part of what is going on. IMO it will take awhile before everyone begins to click, hopefully it will happen soon

Old
10-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Avs9

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie
This roster is significantly different from last year. Missing Carney is just a small part of what is going on. IMO it will take awhile before everyone begins to click, hopefully it will happen soon
Kariya is clicking

Old
10-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Ducksfan2035

Send a message via AIM to Ducksfan2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs9
Kariya is clicking
::Yaaaawwnnnn::

Old
10-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Well...the offense certainly seems deeper than last season. But its pretty pathetic that we still are so dependent on Carney.
Carney is good, but the Ducks' defensive success, as much I can tell from last year, were due in great part to a cohesive *team defense*. A guy like Daryl Sydor has been able to fool a lot of people into thinking he's the ***** when in reality it's the overall play in Dallas that made him (and that untalented **** Boucher) look better than he is. Not that Sydor is worthless. He's pretty good. But he looks much better there.

So as soon as the system is back in full force, the Ducks should be fine, with or without Carney. I have a lot of faith in Babcock. I consider him one of the best in the new generation of coaches.

About the ony negative I can say for the Ducks is that they now have (horror) Prospal in their ranks. That's horrible but the rest is good enough for a decent season.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Jerky Leclerc

I didn't watch the game against Nashville but I saw the third period against Dallas and the Ducks seemed too loosey goosey IMO. The chemistry isn't there yet and the guys need to tighten things up. I'm fine with them not scoring because we got enough weapons on this team. It shouldn't be a problem. Its giving up 3-4 goals a game that is a problem.

The defense need to step up and not rely on Carney all the time to lead the group. We need Salei or Ozo to take charge of that Defensive 6. Lets get back to Ducks hockey and slow down the game waiting for our opportunities.

Old
10-11-2003, 05:37 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
About the ony negative I can say for the Ducks is that they now have (horror) Prospal in their ranks. That's horrible but the rest is good enough for a decent season.
Actually, I thought Prospal made some pretty nice passes so far. Now, if anyone but Niedermayer could finish, it might actually have mattered.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Carney is good, but the Ducks' defensive success, as much I can tell from last year, were due in great part to a cohesive *team defense*. A guy like Daryl Sydor has been able to fool a lot of people into thinking he's the ***** when in reality it's the overall play in Dallas that made him (and that untalented **** Boucher) look better than he is. Not that Sydor is worthless. He's pretty good. But he looks much better there.

So as soon as the system is back in full force, the Ducks should be fine, with or without Carney. I have a lot of faith in Babcock. I consider him one of the best in the new generation of coaches.

I know what its due to, Vlad. But our cohesion dries up rapidly without Carney on the ice, always has. We're dependent on him psychologically.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Chistov23

Prospal was definitely invisible on wednesday but against nashville he was feeding sykora left, right, and center. Babcock said it, sykora and ozo had enough chances to win that game alone. We had many scoring opportunities just noone can put the puck in the net. Our defense has obviously been shaky. hopefully our powerplay can improve.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:41 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
Prospal was definitely invisible on wednesday but against nashville he was feeding sykora left, right, and center. Babcock said it, sykora and ozo had enough chances to win that game alone. We had many scoring opportunities just noone can put the puck in the net. Our defense has obviously been shaky. hopefully our powerplay can improve.
Carney is the glue, but all the new faces need to gel together.

I think from the D to the offense people are unsure of where they are suppose to be, but our defense is starting to look very slow and flat.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I know what its due to, Vlad. But our cohesion dries up rapidly without Carney on the ice, always has. We're dependent on him psychologically.
Is it a leadership thing?

Would a trade for a veteran fix this? Someone who can rally the troops or just play good dependable hockey? Vishnevsi seems to be rotting there anyway and I suspect would still bring a nice enough return.

Old
10-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Simpson (former captain in Calgary) was supposed to bump up the leadership on the backline, but all he's doing right now is being a punk apparently

Old
10-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Snap Wilson

Why is he being a punk? Because he dropped the gloves twice? What's wrong with that?

Old
10-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
Why is he being a punk? Because he dropped the gloves twice? What's wrong with that?
leaving us with only 5 defensemen for over 2/3 of the game sure didn't help.

Old
10-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:

Would a trade for a veteran fix this? Someone who can rally the troops or just play good dependable hockey? Vishnevsi seems to be rotting there anyway and I suspect would still bring a nice enough return.
As was mentioned, that was supposed to be Simpson I think. But if this guy's a captain, I'm Scooby Doo. Granted BM only had a day to find a solution, but the fact that he scrambled gives pretty clear evidence of Carney's impact psychologically.

It may be a leadership thing, although you don't see Carney too often talking or giving directions. It may also be just his demeanor with the puck, and the fact that he never gets rattled. I know the fans feel pretty much 100% confident when he's on the ice, and I'm sure the players feel a little bit of that as well.

As for Vish, well...there's some debate as to whether or not a guy with that much potential should be traded, but once Carney gets back, we have 8 NHL-caliber defenseman, and someone's gotta go.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Jerky Leclerc

The Ducks had the same problem last year with so many new faces in the lineup. We'll going to have to be patient the first month or so. Hopefully the Ducks can stay around .500 in the meantime and position ourself for the year.

Old
10-12-2003, 12:18 AM
caliamad

Quote:

To be honest we though Simpson was the guy, but he looks like he is big mistake.

All of the fans have been complaining about Vish's stagnant play but when put up next to Simpson, he seems like an allstar.

What a waste of 1.5 million... wow... no wonder he was on waivers... but whoever signed him to that contract...

Old
10-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Rooch

vCash:
Quote:

its the same thing when rucchin is out, is it just coincidence that when rooch is injured the ducks can't seem toget it together? when one of the pillars of the team are out, this team just doesn't seem to be able to cope.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:28 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Simpson=Unreliable.
We shoulda got Chris Therien

Old
10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy
Simpson=Unreliable.
We shoulda got Chris Therien
Therien costs even more, and isn't as good.

Closed Thread