HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danton Delivers

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
Danton Delivers

Danton delivered the pesty work ethic we expect from him he challenged that woos Nash all night and he ran and hid ~~~

Old
10-11-2003, 02:00 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Danton played last night?

Old
10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
bluebleeder38

LOL Hadley said Danton, along with Osgood and Tkachuk, were the 3 best Blues against the Coyotes.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:37 PM
degroat*

Old
10-11-2003, 11:48 PM
c-carp

Danton and Nash are cut from the same cloth they are part of these new breed of agitator and I pretty much hate all of them. just get rid of the Instigator rule and their effectiveness will diminish greatly.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:55 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
And after seeing 2 periods of the PHX game, I quote degroat.....

10-13-2003, 06:16 AM
execwrite

You've gotta give Danton some credit for his play against Colorado. He was a pest with a purpose and threw some tough checks along with a left hook into Forsberg. He took a couple of bad penalties but he's going to be an asset this season.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:19 AM
Brodeur

Hopefully Danton works out for you guys. Lamoriello didn't seem to like him........plus Danton was pretty outspoken in a Warren Sapp sort of way. If he keeps his mouth shut off the ice, he should become a fan favorite.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
Fan Fav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Hopefully Danton works out for you guys. Lamoriello didn't seem to like him........plus Danton was pretty outspoken in a Warren Sapp sort of way. If he keeps his mouth shut off the ice, he should become a fan favorite.
Danton has already become a fan fav in Stlouis !!

Old
10-13-2003, 08:17 PM
degroat*

Sorry, but I'm not seeing where Danton has already become a fan fav. In the preseason, all he did was get his ass handed to him a few times. He was invisible in the game vs. PHO and was OK vs. Colorado... that it, just OK. He's still hasn't shown that he's any more than a run of the mill 4th liner.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:42 AM
DaBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Sorry, but I'm not seeing where Danton has already become a fan fav. In the preseason, all he did was get his ass handed to him a few times. He was invisible in the game vs. PHO and was OK vs. Colorado... that it, just OK. He's still hasn't shown that he's any more than a run of the mill 4th liner.
I agree degroat....Danton hasn't shown us anything more than what Nash gave us last year. If anything, he's shown less. Yes he's banging, but we knew that. Nash had some offensive talent, we'll have to see if Danton can put a puck in the net every now and then too.

But even if he does, I don't think he's be anything other than a pest.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:49 AM
Frenzy1

Dont look to Sunday nights game as an indicator of O tallent. IMO, the team was in complete D first mode, don't get caught in the zone, scoring is secondary. Lets see how he does over the next 20 games.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:17 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Lets see how he does over the next 20 games.
.. before we start overrating him and/or calling him a fan favorite.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
.. before we start overrating him and/or calling him a fan favorite.
Fine by me. As long as we don't underrate him either.

I don't think anyone here is going to say that he is a 15 goal scorer, but I do like the way he checks people (I liked nash also).

Old
10-14-2003, 08:38 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Fine by me. As long as we don't underrate him either.

I don't think anyone here is going to say that he is a 15 goal scorer, but I do like the way he checks people (I liked nash also).
I agree, we are only 2 games into the season.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:20 AM
degroat*

I'm not underrating him. I have seen nothing at this point to believe he is anything more than an average 4th liner. Let's not forget that this guy couldn't crack the NJ team that lacks depth up front and has a history of having issues not only with the Devils but with his own family. I'm all for fresh starts, but this guy has a lot to prove in my eyes.

BTW... he's lucky the Blues didn't expect that kind of camp out of Rycroft because he wouldn't be in St. Louis if LP had known Rycroft was going to be so much better.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Frenzy1

Rycroft is looking great. I think he is meshing well on the 1st line in Mels place. IMO, I think that he can replace Mel on this line, he plays with a very simular style (not saying he can score like Mel did last season, but that he plays that hard nosed style that mel does).

W/ Mel out, Rucroft is really starting to make a name for himself. It will be very difficult for Q to decide who to send down when Bogie, Drake, and Mel return.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Cygnus X-1

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBo_Bleeds_Blue
I agree degroat....Danton hasn't shown us anything more than what Nash gave us last year. If anything, he's shown less. Yes he's banging, but we knew that. Nash had some offensive talent, we'll have to see if Danton can put a puck in the net every now and then too.

But even if he does, I don't think he's be anything other than a pest.
I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree with you.

Nash was nothing more than a turtling *****. And he really didn't have any offensive talent.

Lets give Danton some credit. He had a very good camp and preseason. He stuck up for his teammates and was always more than happy to drop the gloves. I thought Danton was very noticable in the Colorado, and not so noticable against PHX.

Let's see how he continues to do.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:54 PM
execwrite

By the end of this season there will be no comparison between Danton and Nash. Huge upgrade for the Blues. Strong move by Pleau to get this guy and to get rid of Nash.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:36 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
By the end of this season there will be no comparison between Danton and Nash. Huge upgrade for the Blues. Strong move by Pleau to get this guy and to get rid of Nash.
Definatly wasnt a Nash fan, and I generally dont like any of these new breed of agitators. Nash, Avery ect but I understand thet they are there because of the way the game is played now. I dont like it but I will give danton time.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:01 AM
Cat fan

vCash:
Danton a STEAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Definatly wasnt a Nash fan, and I generally dont like any of these new breed of agitators. Nash, Avery ect but I understand thet they are there because of the way the game is played now. I dont like it but I will give danton time.
Mike Danton with out a shadow of a doubt is a complete steal from the Devils , and for who ever said he couldn't make the Devils he did 2 yrs in a row , 1st year he had a season ending injury and last year he was on the team from start to Dec 1st when he got into a famous fight with the GM Lou Talibam (nickname) . Danton is ten times the player of a Nash or Avery why ?......... He can and WILL fight !!!!!!! Plus he has some offensive aswell (please see OHL-AHL stats)

Old
10-16-2003, 07:18 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat fan
Mike Danton with out a shadow of a doubt is a complete steal from the Devils , and for who ever said he couldn't make the Devils he did 2 yrs in a row , 1st year he had a season ending injury and last year he was on the team from start to Dec 1st when he got into a famous fight with the GM Lou Talibam (nickname) . Danton is ten times the player of a Nash or Avery why ?......... He can and WILL fight !!!!!!! Plus he has some offensive aswell (please see OHL-AHL stats)
He had a good bout with Jordin Tootoo tonight after taking the worst of it in a bout with Tootoo in the pre season. showed balls, earned marks, good for him!!!!!

Closed Thread