HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Which would you prefer?

View Poll Results: Which of the three options would you prefer NJ does?
Package several third liners for draft picks 5 27.78%
Package several third liners for a 5th or 6th defenseman 3 16.67%
Sit tight and wait it out a bit longer 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Which would you prefer?

Devils are in a bit of a predicament right now with so many 3rd liners fighting for roster spots up front. Training camp showed us if nothing else that there are plenty of players down in Albany who would like more then anything to get their chance to prove they belong in the NHL. Several of them almost went the distance with great chances of making the team if it weren't for a lack of openings.

Which of the three options would you prefer NJ does?

Old
10-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Blackjack

vCash: 500
I've thought a lot about this, and I think it would be best to just let the cream rise to the top. I don't really think that we have any pressing needs right now. Sure, we'd like a 3rd pairing defenseman, but we have Brown, Albelin, and Giroux to try if Hale and Martin won't work. If we can't find a solid solution by the deadline, we can always trade for one then, when they will probably be cheaper.

I think there will be injuries, openings, and chances for all these guys to show Lou and Pat what they can do, so I'd rather just wait it out and see who really wants to be here.

Closed Thread