HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PIT/WSH Proposal...

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2005, 11:06 AM
fastfeet*

vCash: 500
PIT/WSH Proposal...

To Pit: Alexander Ovechkin

To Wsh: Ryan Whitney, Evgeni Malkin

Old
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfeet
To Pit: Alexander Ovechkin

To Wsh: Ryan Whitney, Evgeni Malkin
Neither team makes this trade

Old
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Evilo

Nope.
Each team is happy with the players they have.
PIT is high on both Whitney and Malkin. I don't even think they make the deal.
WASH would probably be closer to making it, but Ovechkin is the most "proven" player of the bunch, and most likely a future superstar.

So no, neither team makes the deal.

Old
11-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Lionel Hutz

Any particular reason why either team would want to entertain this?

This is pretty bad, not only because neither team would want it, but because there is no purpose in proosing this.

Old
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz

This is pretty bad, not only because neither team would want it, but because there is no purpose in proosing this.
at least its not a quantity for quality proposal.....its serious talent going between teams....but of course there is no chance at all it happens or even interests either team

Old
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz

The only logic I can see to this is that fast feet is fairly positive that Malkin will stay in Russia, which would completely shaft the Capitals.

If anything were to happen I'd feel that Pittsburgh would try and make a move for Ovechkin so that he and Malkin could play on a line together, Russia's answer to the Foppa/Naslund.

Old
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
cassius

That is a pretty terrible trade

Old
11-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
at least its not a quantity for quality proposal.....its serious talent going between teams....but of course there is no chance at all it happens or even interests either team
Granted, there is alot of talent involved, going both ways. Its just not realistic and I don't see why either team would even consider it. That's my problem, sounds too much like an EA sports trade.

Pittsburgh is thrilled with Whitney's play since he turned pro, and can't wait to get Malkin over. Malkin is a potential elite talent, + Whitney is a potential top pairing D. I don't see why the Pens would even consider dumping that for 1 superstar in the making.

Washington, obviously has no reason whatsoever to move Ovechkin. Not to mention, unless the return was Crosby and perhaps even then, wouldn't it be a public relations disaster to try to explain losing AO?

Old
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
The only logic I can see to this is that fast feet is fairly positive that Malkin will stay in Russia
I don't really think there's much fear of that.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I counter with this:

To Pit: Semin, Eminger
To Wash: Malkin, pits 2006 2nd pick

Old
11-04-2005, 01:27 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel
I counter with this:

To Pit: Semin, Eminger
To Wash: Malkin, pits 2006 2nd pick
Again, whats the point? Penguins arent going to trade Malkin, especially when you consider Semins position right now.

If washington trade AO for whitney and malkin, they will be even worse this year, i mean think about Washington without AO .. oh i dread to think.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:40 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
Again, whats the point? Penguins arent going to trade Malkin, especially when you consider Semins position right now.

If washington trade AO for whitney and malkin, they will be even worse this year, i mean think about Washington without AO .. oh i dread to think.
Oh so you work for the Pens? Good to know some post here. /end sarcasm

trade proposals are more just fun than anything else. I'm not saying this trade will happen but more ifs a trade value for value.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Jaded-Fan

So let me get this trade straight. The Pens give up fairly equal talents at the top of the trade (Crosby and AO are for arguments sake pretty interchangable at this point in eveluating their potential) but the Pens willingly lose a guy who almost single-handedly sold them likely 6,000 or 7,000 season ticket packages of one sort or another AND a top two defensive pairing like Whitney seems that he could be.

Yeah, the Pens are all over this. Where do they sign?

Old
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel
Oh so you work for the Pens? Good to know some post here. /end sarcasm

trade proposals are more just fun than anything else. I'm not saying this trade will happen but more ifs a trade value for value.
Yeah my avatar is a Penguins logo ...

Penguins lose in your deal, whilst its even (ish), these trades are never ever ever gonna happen.

As for the original trade propasal, i think Washington loses more than the Penguins. Washington loses the face of its franchise, and will be even worse this season if they lost a guy like Ovechkin. The Caps attendance would probably decrease and it just wouldnt be a good move. I happen to think AO is the best prospect, and Washington would be insane to trade him.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:52 PM
SoCalSharkzFan

Quote:

How do you not see the point? Dont be dense.

Semin and Malkin are both stuck in Russia. While the Caps noticably more upset than the Pens, you can see the similarites.

Im not saying it's a good Idea, because its not. No way I would trade Malkin and a 2nd for Semin and Eminger, and i'm sure that alot of other people wouldnt either.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan
How do you not see the point? Dont be dense.

Semin and Malkin are both stuck in Russia. While the Caps noticably more upset than the Pens, you can see the similarites.

Im not saying it's a good Idea, because its not. No way I would trade Malkin and a 2nd for Semin and Eminger, and i'm sure that alot of other people wouldnt either.
lol dense, you really think i have the brain capacity to be "dense".

When i said "whats the point", i meant whats the point of the trade, and you seem to have agree with me, unless my english teacher has bored me so much that i cant read anymore.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Luigi Lemieux

semin has a contract with washington but won't come over. malkin doesn't. big difference. i don't want any part of semin if i'm pittsburgh.

as for the original trade proposal...pens would never ever do that. i doubt they even trade malkin for ovechkin straight up.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

If the Penguins had of been rewarded the #1 pick in the 2004 draft, would they have drafted Ovechkin or Malkin? I know they seem very high on Malkin, quite interesting.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
semin has a contract with washington but won't come over. malkin doesn't. big difference. i don't want any part of semin if i'm pittsburgh.

as for the original trade proposal...pens would never ever do that. i doubt they even trade malkin for ovechkin straight up.

People seem to be forgetting that everyone from Malkin, to his GM in Russia, to his agent, to the Pens' managment and so on have said very strongly that Malkin would be here (see articles at time when Malkin says that he hopes that the Pens respect his decision and then says that he is coming next year). Even some silly talk of one reason being that the Calder award will be more wide open for him next year. But no one has said that he would be staying in Russia beyond this year - no one. As for the deal itself, even were all the players here no way in hell I would trade Malkin and a second for Eminger and Semin. Nothing against either of those two, they seem like fine players, but Malkin is a AO and Crosby tier prospect, neither of those two are. Would the Caps trade AO and a second for two Eminger and Semin level propects on the Pens? That is what you are asking with that trade.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
If the Penguins had of been rewarded the #1 pick in the 2004 draft, would they have drafted Ovechkin or Malkin? I know they seem very high on Malkin, quite interesting.
One scout said that he would have, Dave Conti of the NJ Devils. Right now? Hard to judge because AO obviously has already done it at the NHL level, Malkin on the other hand has been as good as AO was at a similar age. Still you take the bird in the hand, AO, the one who has proven that it translates to the NHL. But I would think that any team would be thrilled to have either player.

Edit:

Interesting article on just that subject just hit the wires:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...PSports/Hockey

Old
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
One scout said that he would have, Dave Conti of the NJ Devils. Right now? Hard to judge because AO obviously has already done it at the NHL level, Malkin on the other hand has been as good as AO was at a similar age. Still you take the bird in the hand, AO, the one who has proven that it translates to the NHL. But I would think that any team would be thrilled to have either player.

Thats not actually what Conti said.....he said he would be tempted to draft Malkin, but would probably lose the nerve...or something along those lines

Old
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
i don't want any part of semin
That makes two of us.

Old
11-04-2005, 02:48 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan

Edit:

Interesting article on just that subject just hit the wires:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20051029/DUHA29/TPSports/Hockey
XD thanks for the link

the link said Ovechkin and Malkin were drafted in 2003, that would have been one scary year.

Well ive already quoted to have said AO is the best prospect there is, but its quite possible Malkin could be better. I wont claim to know that much about Malkin, but he does have an awful lot of upsides. He is a year younger than AO, or atleast some months. If you look at stats, Malkin has actually been more impressive than AO at the same stage in their development.
Right now AO is probably the player most teams would take, but will be interesting to see who ends up being better. Ill go with AO, just because he has translated it to the NHL.

Old
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Lionel Hutz

I'm sure the Pens would have picked Malkin. Regardless, I think its a pretty tough sell to say that the difference between Malkin and Ovechkin is equal in value to Whitney, who looks like a top pairing D-man.

Old
11-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

This will be the fourth time today I'll say it.

I believe Malkin will end up being better than both Ovechkin & Crosby. I don't think either team would do a straight up exchange.

Add in Whitney and...hell no.

Ovechkin is untouchable.
Malkin is untouchable.
Whitney is untouchable.
End of story.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Closed Thread