General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

soccer jerseys

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
hockeyfan125

vCash: 500
soccer jerseys

I am looking to get 2-3 nice looking jerseys, I have no major club affiliation (besides Arsenal ).

I don't follow soccer that much, so any clubs that have good players and nice looking jerseys.

thank you.

Old
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Didn't you start this thread before?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=140877

As for shirts, I got a Buffon jersey last week, and it is awesome. I would recommend a Buffon one (Juventus).

Old
11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
hockeyfan125

yea, I usually get 2-3 jerseys every few months.

Old
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
GoM

Bayern Munich in gold always looked particularly sweet to me..don't know if they still use it or not, I know they did last year, but get that with Ballack on the back and you're set.

Holland's also nice..bright orange and white, can't go unnoticed...probably my next purchase (Sneijder)

Old
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
les Habs

If you want to get a cool jersey, get a FC Barcelona home shirt. The current version (along with the atrocious new shorts) isn't the best, but it's still better than all else. A Barça home shirt is timeless and unlike every club out there, there's no sponsor.

Old
11-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs
If you want to get a cool jersey, get a FC Barcelona home shirt. The current version (along with the atrocious new shorts) isn't the best, but it's still better than all else. A Barça home shirt is timeless and unlike every club out there, there's no sponsor.
I have last year with Ronaldinho on the back. It's a piece of art!

PSG has a fantastic kit this year.

Old
11-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Holland's also nice..bright orange and white, can't go unnoticed...probably my next purchase (Sneijder)
I got my Limited Edition Van Nistelrooy Holland Jersey... (I know Van has one too).

it's quite nice, but the it only comes in L, and I really should be wearing XL.

For Team Holland... I kind of want the Holland Road Jersey (w/ Robben, Sneijer, or Van der Vaart)

Also... if you want La LIga jerseys...

www.laligashop.com is an EXCELLENT store. Shipping is a little expensive, but the shipping service is EXCELLENT, the customer service is friendly, and right now there's a HUGE sale on Real Madrid Jerseys.

Edit: I got an 04-05 Road Real Roberto Carlos Jersey for 35 Euro (w/out shipping). The shipping is like 17 Euro for a shirt, but it's like 17 euro for TWO shirts too. So if you want to buy from there, find a friend to buy another shirt with (My buddy got a Zidane shirt) to split the shipping, and then it's quite reasonable. I ordered Monday Night Taipei Time. The shirt got here Thursday Afternoon... Good Service.

My next jersey purchase is the 03-04 Long Shirt Puma Italy Home Jersey (Gattuso). It's onsale at subside for 25 pounds (still expensive)< but I ordered with a GROUP so teh shipping was like 3 dollars.

Last edited by Ironchef Chris Wok*: 11-06-2005 at 05:45 AM.
Old
11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
hockeyfan125

I made my purchases.

I bought:

Kaka' Brazil jersey (the blue one, as I already have a Pele yellow one).

Shevchenko AC Milan 3rd jersey (the all black one, its so nice).

Robben Holland orange jersey.

I was planning on getting only 3, but I decided to splurge and get the Barca yellow jersey, with Ronaldinho.

My collection is slowly growing, up to 8 now.

Last edited by hockeyfan125: 11-06-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old
11-06-2005, 04:38 PM
hockeyfan125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
I got my Limited Edition Van Nistelrooy Holland Jersey... (I know Van has one too).

it's quite nice, but the it only comes in L, and I really should be wearing XL.

For Team Holland... I kind of want the Holland Road Jersey (w/ Robben, Sneijer, or Van der Vaart)

Also... if you want La LIga jerseys...

www.laligashop.com is an EXCELLENT store. Shipping is a little expensive, but the shipping service is EXCELLENT, the customer service is friendly, and right now there's a HUGE sale on Real Madrid Jerseys.

Edit: I got an 04-05 Road Real Roberto Carlos Jersey for 35 Euro (w/out shipping). The shipping is like 17 Euro for a shirt, but it's like 17 euro for TWO shirts too. So if you want to buy from there, find a friend to buy another shirt with (My buddy got a Zidane shirt) to split the shipping, and then it's quite reasonable. I ordered Monday Night Taipei Time. The shirt got here Thursday Afternoon... Good Service.

My next jersey purchase is the 03-04 Long Shirt Puma Italy Home Jersey (Gattuso). It's onsale at subside for 25 pounds (still expensive)< but I ordered with a GROUP so teh shipping was like 3 dollars.
sweet, thanks for the site.

Old
11-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Ajacied
We are never scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
Robben Holland black jersey.
Nice choice, but we don't have black jersey's..

Old
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
hockeyfan125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Nice choice, but we don't have black jersey's..
No idea why I said black.. I got the classic (Orange) one.

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/stor...930875,mid=-1,

thanks to Van for showing me this site, it it the best jersey site I have found.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
My advice is if you're not buying a jersey out of team allegiance, go for a slightly lesser known team. In soccer, in North America at least, there's a handful of teams in every league that garner most of the support, and the jerseys of these teams are all you ever see. The usual suspects are obvious - Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve, both Milan clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, etc.

There are so many beautiful tops out there to choose from, don't limit yourself to the European elite. This doesn't mean lower division sides either. Even mid-table teams are rare, and its there that some of the most beautiful kits are found.

As for suggestions...

I may be alone on this, but I've always loved Reggina's kit.

http://www.tifoshop.com/scheda/immag...04_reggina.jpg

The dragon design makes it both sharp and unique.

There are quite a few clubs out there that really make use of the striped design nicely. One of them is Porto

http://www.kitbag.com/product_images...118946-400.jpg

Another club that uses this design to good effect is QPR, a "Championship" (2nd Division) club from England

http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/u...22433news2.jpg

And another, Fenerbahce (Turkish power houses)...

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/imag...cheHSS0304.gif

As for national jerseys, I'm of the opinion that the nicest international kit ever released was by Mexico in the mid-90's. I can't find a picture of it, but it was a real intricate design, with Azec imagery lightly printed onto the fabric. It was a fantastic kit, but it would be difficult to find nowadays.

Of course, if you're looking for a jersey, you can't go wrong with a Canada top. Although I may be biased...

Old
11-07-2005, 01:19 AM
les Habs

Well yes, there are a lot of nice shirts outside of the European elite. Still that doesn't mean that the European elite don't have nice shirts. Like I said before, it's tough to f up a Barça home shirt. Also, Barça is probably the only club around who doesn't have a sponsor which also makes it better.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:00 AM
hockeyfan125

that Reggina kit is sweet..

thanks.

Closed Thread