HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines and icetime...

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Lines and icetime...

maybe its just me but is there really a reason for hossa, niemmen, and ward to be getting at least 4 minutes more icetime than prucha and dom moore? it just seems to me that moore and prucha create more offense and are more willing to just shoot the puck

Hossa, ward, and niemmen combined for 3 shots, while moore and prucha combined for 5

im not saying im unhappy with the play of hossa, ward, and niemmen, hossa hasnt been great since his muscle pull but all three of them are working hard at least, i just dont understand why renney can't rework the lines to reward players who are playing hard

straka-nylander-jagr
Hossa-moore-prucha
niemmen-rucchin-ortmeyer
ward-betts-hollweg

i really think hossa is suffering from a lack of playing with a playmaker, i know he is a rw but why not try playing him with prucha to see if he can feed off of him or get to some rebounds or lose pucks, moore deserves to get extra icetime, and i like that 3rd line checking line of niemmen and ortmeyer two guys who will grind it out and make hits, and rucchin to be a smart defensive minded center

i just think team is lacking scoring after the first line and the reason why is that hossa isnt playing with a playmaker while moore and prucha arent seeing much ice to get alot of scoring opportunites

Old
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
True Blue

Your second line playmaker is currently in Hartford. At this point, is there any harm in bringing up Immonen and moving one of Rucchin, Betts or Moore to wing? That or try to trade Rucchin while he still has any value. He would make a good third line center for a contending team.

Old
11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Fletch

Problem is, TB...

the Rangers are that contending team with Rucchin. The only thing that will get him out of the lineup is an injury. And moving Moore or Betts or Rucchin to the wing pushes Hollweg or Prucha or Hossa out of the lineup, as it wouldn't be Niemimen or Ward, most likely.

Old
11-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
maybe its just me but is there really a reason for hossa, niemmen, and ward to be getting at least 4 minutes more icetime than prucha and dom moore? it just seems to me that moore and prucha create more offense and are more willing to just shoot the puck

Hossa, ward, and niemmen combined for 3 shots, while moore and prucha combined for 5

im not saying im unhappy with the play of hossa, ward, and niemmen, hossa hasnt been great since his muscle pull but all three of them are working hard at least, i just dont understand why renney can't rework the lines to reward players who are playing hard

straka-nylander-jagr
Hossa-moore-prucha
niemmen-rucchin-ortmeyer
ward-betts-hollweg

i really think hossa is suffering from a lack of playing with a playmaker, i know he is a rw but why not try playing him with prucha to see if he can feed off of him or get to some rebounds or lose pucks, moore deserves to get extra icetime, and i like that 3rd line checking line of niemmen and ortmeyer two guys who will grind it out and make hits, and rucchin to be a smart defensive minded center

i just think team is lacking scoring after the first line and the reason why is that hossa isnt playing with a playmaker while moore and prucha arent seeing much ice to get alot of scoring opportunites
Prucha will get due minutes in time. They are just adjusting his gameand working with him. He is very content - and actually was upbeat about getting some time in Hartford. To put Hossa with Moore and Prucha would be a bit risky, as Moore and Prucha can both be pushed around a bit in the corner.

Frankly, I am a bit more impressed with Moore than I thought I'd be. That doesn't mean I think he needs more ice time. Some players thrive in the roles that they have. Prucha will get more time as the season progresses.

Renney, in my mind, has done a very good job with the team he has, and is developing players. Let's enjoy the success that has come with that. The team is upbeat and the fans should be too.

Old
11-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Your second line playmaker is currently in Hartford. At this point, is there any harm in bringing up Immonen and moving one of Rucchin, Betts or Moore to wing? That or try to trade Rucchin while he still has any value. He would make a good third line center for a contending team.
TB
id love to see immonen called up but i just dont see it happening since nylander, moore, betts, and rucchin are all contributing (not always with goals, but all are playing well)

i wouldnt mind seeing rucchin dealt at some point but obviously id like to see immonen prove himself first and even then id be worried about depth, im guessing id just like to see rucchin put in the chekcing center role allowing moore to get some extra icetime but as park #2 said moore may not be ready for that, however i think he is only going to get better

Old
11-04-2005, 09:23 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
What Renney has done so far is too keep what's working together; so I don't seem him changing up the 1st, 3rd, or 4th lines up unless an injury forces him. I believe this is the most common formation he has used.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Ruchinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Niemenen-Betts-Ward
Prucha/Hollweg-Moore-Orts

Poti-Tyutin
Roz-Malik
Kasper-Kondratiev

If I were to have a choise in the matter; shape up the 2nd line and get rid of some dead weight. When Ruchinsky returns; put him back on the 2nd line, replace Strudwich with Prucha and then have Strudwich as the extra skater because he can play either Wing or defense.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Hossa
Strudwich-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orts

Poti-Tyutin
Roz-Malik
Kasper-Kondratiev

IR: Ruchinsky
Trade: Rucchin, Niemenen, Fedorov, Taffe.

Old
11-04-2005, 10:28 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the Rangers are that contending team with Rucchin. The only thing that will get him out of the lineup is an injury. And moving Moore or Betts or Rucchin to the wing pushes Hollweg or Prucha or Hossa out of the lineup, as it wouldn't be Niemimen or Ward, most likely.
Ok, so we are that contending team. Then let's give it a whirl by giving Immonen a shot at the second line, and moving Rucchin down to where he can be in a better position to help the team. Being a 3rd line center. If Hossa continues to produce nothing and show nothing (IMO) he can sit while Betts can try a move to wing.
It's still early in the season to where even if you are contending, you can try something for a few games to see if anything is there. Or so I believe.

Old
11-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Fletch

In due time, TB...

that may happen. While they're winning, Hossa may continue to get looks.

Park - I disagree on Prucha in that I don't think they're adjusting his game, it's just he's a flexible piece to the puzzle. He's the one guy who can be sent to Hartford without clearing waivers (and one who would go without kicking and screaming). His ice time is a result of Renney's desire to win, which means playing Jagr as much as possible. Further, a guy like Hossa, and even Fedorov, could be more short term options in that they're experiments, and if they don't work out (since both have actually played parts of seasons in the NHL the last three of four years), then they won't be here any longer, Taffe too. Prucha is in his first NHL season and I don't think Renney's in a rush to see what he can really do because he's still trying to round-out his team. Insofar as ice time, there's not much PP time left anyways. There's no PK time for Prucha. What's left are the even strength minutes that Jagr and the second line do not get. Heck, After Jagr's line, and Rucchin and Hossa, there's only 8 minutes left anyways.

Old
11-05-2005, 12:12 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
What Renney has done so far is too keep what's working together; so I don't seem him changing up the 1st, 3rd, or 4th lines up unless an injury forces him. I believe this is the most common formation he has used.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Ruchinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Niemenen-Betts-Ward
Prucha/Hollweg-Moore-Orts

Poti-Tyutin
Roz-Malik
Kasper-Kondratiev

If I were to have a choise in the matter; shape up the 2nd line and get rid of some dead weight. When Ruchinsky returns; put him back on the 2nd line, replace Strudwich with Prucha and then have Strudwich as the extra skater because he can play either Wing or defense.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Hossa
Strudwich-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Orts

Poti-Tyutin
Roz-Malik
Kasper-Kondratiev

IR: Ruchinsky
Trade: Rucchin, Niemenen, Fedorov, Taffe.
I'd just like to point out that my lines (sub Rucchin for Immonen) are being used in todays game versus the devils.

Closed Thread