HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gameday Thread: Edmonoton @ Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 07:15 PM
ttr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
Like having them spank the Avs logo?

logo is no fun, i want the real thing

Old
10-11-2003, 07:31 PM
elphy101

Well a pretty boring game. Vancouver was cleary the better team. Can't blame the reffing on this one. I love Vancouver's third line of Arvedsson-Linden-Cooke.

On a separate note, what the hell is wrong with MacT. He's sitting Semenov so he can have the slugs Ferguson and Cross on the ice.

One final comment to piss of Nucks fans. I hope Izzy kicks the crap out of Jovo next game. Izzy just got 17 stitches in his mouth and had some dental surgery a week ago, and Jovo is goes for his face. I know where he's coming from in defending Linden but still have a little respect.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:34 PM
Fedz

Do we have a goaltending dilemna or what?

Clouts...1 goal...great game

hedberg...0 goals....great game

WOW

Old
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Izzy just got 17 stitches in his mouth and had some dental surgery a week ago, and Jovo is goes for his face. I know where he's coming from in defending Linden but still have a little respect.
Maybe izzy should have thought about that *before* he hit linden from behind. Brutally dirty hit, the kid got what he deserved. If he wants to come after jovo next game, go right ahead. Isbister might want to talk to deadmarsh before he does so though...

anyway, I agree that it was a fairly boring game. too many penalties both ways. hopefully next time it will be more exciting but you cant argue with the result

Old
10-11-2003, 07:36 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
well, for one, that wasn't really checking from behind imo... it was boarding.. i'm not taking away from the bad decision, it was a gutless hit, but i'd say boarding...

aside from that and jovocop's intensity ( which is lacking so dearly in today's nhl ).. the game sucked... refs sucked, penalties sucked...

Old
10-11-2003, 07:40 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

3 stars:

1. Matt Cooke
2. Johan Hedberg
3. Trevor Linden

Old
10-11-2003, 07:40 PM
nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Sopel and Allen were together for a shift...*shudder*...it almost resulted in a goal.
Check your PM.

Great game by the Canucks, very well-rounder in both ends of the ice. Am I the only one who saw it or is Naslund a lot better defensively or more aware in his own end now.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:41 PM
LaVal

Hedberg's probably never seen so few shots in a game. Enjoy the thing we like to call defense Johan!!

Old
10-11-2003, 07:45 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
well, for one, that wasn't really checking from behind imo... it was boarding.. i'm not taking away from the bad decision, it was a gutless hit, but i'd say boarding...

aside from that and jovocop's intensity ( which is lacking so dearly in today's nhl ).. the game sucked... refs sucked, penalties sucked...
The hit was more from the side than anything, but as Greg Millen said, Linden was defenseless for it was definatly worthy of the boarding call.

And good job by Jovo to smack Isbister right in the lip

Old
10-11-2003, 07:46 PM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzy
Check your PM.

Great game by the Canucks, very well-rounder in both ends of the ice. Am I the only one who saw it or is Naslund a lot better defensively or more aware in his own end now.
Both more defensive and more physical. Two very good signs.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:54 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
And good job by Jovo to smack Isbister right in the lip
You must be so proud of Jovo. He only seems to fight those that are hurt. End a concussion prone Deadmarsh's career and then goes after a guy that just finished major dental surgery. He should try taking on someone healthy sometime.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:56 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
You must be so proud of Jovo. He only seems to fight those that are hurt. End a concussion prone Deadmarsh's career and then goes after a guy that just finished major dental surgery. He should try taking on someone healthy sometime.
Damn rights be proud of Jovo.. He was protecting his teammate.. Isbister is going to play dirty and everyone else is supposed to be all the gentle with the guy? WRONG.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:57 PM
andora

Quote:
hmm.. advantage elphy ... vancouver's ball

Old
10-11-2003, 08:00 PM
incawg

Quote:
Deadmarsh was healthy...until he fought jovo.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Nice try at instigating... So do you think Jovo makes sure to keep update on the dental status of all the players he plays against? I actually thought I could see a glint in his eyes just before he beat the daylights out of little Brad that unmistakeably expressed the thought "perfect! he just had dental surgery!"

Old
10-11-2003, 08:02 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut
Nice try at instigating... So do you think Jovo makes sure to keep update on the dental status of all the players he plays against? I actually thought I could see a glint in his eyes just before he beat the daylights out of little Brad that unmistakeably expressed the thought "perfect! he just had dental surgery!"
It's okay, I just had to vent after the Oiler's sucked so bad. I'm done.

I understand where Jovo was coming from. Although, I disagree that the hit was that bad, if it was my teammate I would have gone after the guy. But you can't tell me, Jovo didn't know that Isbister was hurt.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:02 PM
MS

Quote:
Deadmarsh was only concussion-prone after fighting Jovanovski, not before. He was not hurt in the slightest when that fight occurred.

As for Isbister, he shouldn't be running around throwing borderline hits if he can't back it up. Tough nuts if he ended up eating some punches with a sore lip.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:04 PM
andora

i think there was a second jovo/deader fight, the one elphy might be referring to, where deader had already had a bad concussion...

i think, someone can confirm or deny this

Old
10-11-2003, 08:04 PM
incawg

Quote:
But you can't tell me, Jovo didn't know that Isbister was hurt.
Honestly, I don't think it's an issue at all. If you're injured and you go around headhunting you've got to be prepared to stand up for your actions. Just because the guy running Linden is doing it while injured doesn't mean that jovo shouldn't stick up for his teammate.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:07 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
i think there was a second jovo/deader fight, the one elphy might be referring to, where deader had already had a bad concussion...

i think, someone can confirm or deny this
If I remember correctly, there was a fight where Deadmarsh had only gotten back a game or two earlier from a bad concussion. I could be wrong though.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:12 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
Honestly, I don't think it's an issue at all. If you're injured and you go around headhunting you've got to be prepared to stand up for your actions. Just because the guy running Linden is doing it while injured doesn't mean that jovo shouldn't stick up for his teammate.

Yeah that's fair. As I said, I understand where Jovo was coming from.

Next game, should be interesting. A healthy Izzy against Jovo would be a pretty good battle/fight.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:24 PM
orcatown

The second fight was instigated by Deadmarsh in an effort to prove he would not be initimated and could stand up to Jovo. In the fight Jovo did nothing but hang on and let Deadmarsh get in a few face saving licks. Jovo sort slapped Deadmarsh on the back at the end of the fight. I think he was showing Deadmarsh some respect for coming back.

As far as tonight goes the hit did not turn out to be too bad but it was careless and dangerous. Isbister has a history of doing dumb things. I don't think there was any intent but from Jovo's perspectative it looked extremely dirty. If Linden had hit Isbister like that and Staios came in to mop up Linden you would be singing a different tune.

Hit by Chimera on Allen was also stupid and careless. If later this year some one runs Dvorak or someone like that from behind you shouldn't complain if you aren't going to recognize your own dirty plays

Old
10-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
If I remember correctly, there was a fight where Deadmarsh had only gotten back a game or two earlier from a bad concussion. I could be wrong though.
I do know that it was a Jovanovski fight that started all of Deadmarsh's concussion problems (this is why a lot of Avs fans hate him). According to hockeyfights.com, he fought Deadmarsh twice in 2000-2001, I guess the second one is the one where he came back from the concussion.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Lard_Lad

Results of HNIC's post-game poll on whether or not Jovo was right to go after Isbister:

Q: Should Jovanovski have gone after Isbister?

1. leave it alone, and get him later (66) 3%
2. do nothing (30) 2%
3. let a tougher player like Brad May settle the score (23) 1%
4. he did the right thing (1811) 94%

Old
10-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
Those picking the Canucks to win may wish to re-visit their predictions... The PecaFan curse may be in for tonight.

I won tickets to the game on Sportstalk.

Since 1996 when I saw my first live Canucks game, I am 1 win, 16 losses in games that I have attended. That's a streak of 16 straight losses, we won the first game I watched against Los Angeles (it was supposed to be Gretzky, but they traded him to St. Louis a week before, grrr).

Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton, Chicago, you name it, we've lost to them all.
Streak is BROKEN!!!

On another note, is Malik injured? Why in the name of Sweet Zombie Jesus would you scratch Malik after the way Sopel stunk against Calgary? (Granted, he had a good bounceback game tonight)

Pretty goal, though.

Kind of disturbed by the Bertuzzi/Jovanovski incidents. Those guys have to stop taking dumb penalties! We need them on the ice, dammit! Yeah, yeah, Jovo was sticking up for Linden...that's all well and good against Edmonton, but what do you do when Colorado comes to town? Discipline, dammit!

As for Edmonton, it was a pretty effortless performance by them tonight. Smyth was the only real energetic guy, really got beat up physically but still perservered. For crying out loud, Lowe, take a page from Darryl Sutter and give him the goddamn captaincy.

Also, why in the name of Sweet Zombie Jesus is Semenov a scratch while studs like Cross and Staios man the point on the Edmonton PP? I mean, I like Cross and Staios...but not that much!

Closed Thread