HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Board opinion on my Bruin/Columbus thought?

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Michael Karlstrom II

vCash:
Board opinion on my Bruin/Columbus thought?

I guess most people here will be up on the news enough to have heard that Boston just lost Leetch for a month from our blueline. Even before Leetch went down, most Bruin followers have been thinking our blueline is our week spot and that we need a 20 min a night guy with good 2-way skills added to the team before playoff time.

I guess most here will be hearing that Columbus is in the market for a big legitimate front line center now to help them salvage this season. Columbus has put together a nice team with alot of young talent. They spent some serious dollars bringing in Adam Foote. They are expecting to try to win in the very near future now with their club. They do have some problems though.

I think that Todd Marchant is miscast in Columbus. They have alot of guys who can be checking line centers making alot less money. Columbus tried to pay Marchant to come in and be their scoring center. It didn't work for them.

Rotislav Klesla is only 23 from the 2000 draft. In NHL terms he is a baby. He has been in Columbus alot of years though and the fans there have watched all his struggles as he's been slow to develop into the guy they wanted.

Is this the time that Columbus might be willing to give up on Klesla for the right deal? Does Boston have enough disposable assets to get a deal done?

I will offer up my bid here for board judgement and I guess I'd be interested to see if any of you would top the offer to Columbus if you were a competing GM.

For my Bruins I propose that I take Klesla and the contract of Todd Marchant off the hands of the Blue Jackets and for their troubles I give them a legitimate front line center in Alexei Zhamnov [assuming he really is almost healthy now] signed for the next few years at just over 4 mill a year I think. I give the rights to Sergei Zinovjev who is tearing up the Russian leagues and probably is a legit second line NHL talent right today. Question with him is will any NHL team be willing to pay him enough to get him over here considering he is unproven at the NHL level and seems to be a bit of a mercenary with his personality? I give the rights to Lars Jonsson. Jonsson was a 2000 draft like Klesla and his development was slow the last few years. He has really come on strong lately over in Sweden though and probably does have a good NHL career in front of him expecially with the new rule adaptation. He will reenter the draft this year if not signed and the team that has his rights will get compensated with the 7th pick in the second round if they do lose him. I'd also give up n Andy Hilbert who is a Bruin contract holdout. He is NHL ready, although his upper potential is in question. Maybe he can be a decent second line scorer, or maybe he will be a fourth line bit player his whole career?

This is my starting bid. Zhamnov/Zinovjev/Jonsson/Hilbert Columbus gets one front line star player to plug into their lineup immediately and another NHL ready guy they can make use of once he gets into game shape this year. They also get two good quality prospects for the future after this season.

Is it enough for Klesla/Marchant? I wouldn't need Marchant to be happy with this deal for Boston. I mostly am taking him since I think Columbus would love to dump his contract at this point if they added a guy like Zhamnov instead. I consider him to be neutral trade value in my proposal so I would honestly be willing to call the deal Klesla straight up for Zhamnov/Zinovjev/Jonsson/Hilbert.

Would anyone offer more for Klesla? Is this fair value? Do I overpay? All opinions welcomed. I love fantasy trade discussion.

Old
11-05-2005, 04:46 AM
Muzza

vCash: 500
I think your value is kinda off. I'm not expert on either team, but I think trying to sell an unhealthy Zhamnov and his unhealthy contract as a star centermen is the first problem.

Plus I don't think Jackets fans are gooing to want a boatload of marginal "maybes" to make up the shortfall in value for Klesla.

That said, it is good to see a well thought out trade proposal for once

Old
11-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Safir*

MKII,

Let's me reaffirm the deal you are proposing:

to Boston:
Klesa & Marchant

to Columbus:
Zhamnov, Zinovjev, Jonsson & Hilbert
-------------------------------------
Dealing Klesa would be a blow to the CLB blueline. I think that the Jackets don't have enough quality here and they'd have to address it for sure. What's the deal with Jonsson? The last thing I heard about him was that he wasn't playing up to expectation and may never be good enough to play in the NHL. A change of scenery might do wonders for the young Czech, who I believe can still be a #1 Dman in this league.

Loosing Marchant shouldn't be too difficult for the Jackets, because they can replace him with the players they get here from Boston. I think that 60 point carrer season was the only offence outburst from him and I think that Marchant is your typically 3rd center & solid penalty killer.

I think that Zhamnov needs to play on a good team to display his full potential and he showed it the 2004 playoffs with the Flyers. Back with the Jets and the Hawks he was relied upon to score for the these team. I think that he should stay in Boston, because Columbus isn't heading for the post season and he would be a guo-to-guy. On the other hand Zhamnov would provide the Ohio based team with a playmaking center for Nash or/ and Zherdev. You saw what Nash is capable off, when he's paired with a good center (Thornton in Davos and during the World Championship.)

Will Zinovjev come over to North America? Last season he played pretty well and I think that he would benefit from the new rules.

Hilbert was tearing up the AHL last season and I think that he's NHL ready.
----
Overall, I have to say that this is a good offer. At the first glance it seems that the Bruins are the looser, but I think that Hilbert, Zinovjec and Jonsson will never wear a "B" sweater for long. Columbus will have to see, if it's worth to weaken their defence even more in order to further strengthen the offence.

I think that Columbus fan would rather see a high draft choice coming back than one or two of these players. Like in this deal:

BOS: Klesla, Marchant and a 4th
CLB: Zhamnov, Hilbert and a 1st.

Old
11-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Michael Karlstrom II

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
MKII,

Let's me reaffirm the deal you are proposing:

to Boston:
Klesa & Marchant

to Columbus:
Zhamnov, Zinovjev, Jonsson & Hilbert
-------------------------------------
Dealing Klesa would be a blow to the CLB blueline. I think that the Jackets don't have enough quality here and they'd have to address it for sure. What's the deal with Jonsson? The last thing I heard about him was that he wasn't playing up to expectation and may never be good enough to play in the NHL. A change of scenery might do wonders for the young Czech, who I believe can still be a #1 Dman in this league.

Loosing Marchant shouldn't be too difficult for the Jackets, because they can replace him with the players they get here from Boston. I think that 60 point carrer season was the only offence outburst from him and I think that Marchant is your typically 3rd center & solid penalty killer.

I think that Zhamnov needs to play on a good team to display his full potential and he showed it the 2004 playoffs with the Flyers. Back with the Jets and the Hawks he was relied upon to score for the these team. I think that he should stay in Boston, because Columbus isn't heading for the post season and he would be a guo-to-guy. On the other hand Zhamnov would provide the Ohio based team with a playmaking center for Nash or/ and Zherdev. You saw what Nash is capable off, when he's paired with a good center (Thornton in Davos and during the World Championship.)

Will Zinovjev come over to North America? Last season he played pretty well and I think that he would benefit from the new rules.

Hilbert was tearing up the AHL last season and I think that he's NHL ready.
----
Overall, I have to say that this is a good offer. At the first glance it seems that the Bruins are the looser, but I think that Hilbert, Zinovjec and Jonsson will never wear a "B" sweater for long. Columbus will have to see, if it's worth to weaken their defence even more in order to further strengthen the offence.

I think that Columbus fan would rather see a high draft choice coming back than one or two of these players. Like in this deal:

BOS: Klesla, Marchant and a 4th
CLB: Zhamnov, Hilbert and a 1st.
If a Columbus fan would be happy with that deal, I will speak only for myself as a Bruin fan and give it my thumbs up. Klesla to me still has first round pick value easily especially if the team figures to be making the playoffs and picking out of the top 10 spots in what is being considered a bit of a weak draft year.

I have a concern with Zhamnov being signed for 3 years. I think he figures to get in the way of the development of Bergeron and Boyes... both of whom should be second liner centers if they are going to end up used to their upper potential.

I wouldnt care about the 4th round pick and I'd still have no problem pulling the trigger for the B's on this deal. If it really would fly in Columbus too, than I am now hoping Zhamnov really is about to play and that he will hopefully look good enough in his first few games for this deal to get made.

Make it so!

Old
11-05-2005, 07:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
This deal does nothing for Columbus.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
This deal does nothing for Columbus.
Agreed.

Old
11-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Safir*

Maybe I was a little hasty with agreeing on the deal, because I just looked up that Zhamnov is out for some time and for me that deal strikes or falls with Zhamnov.

Klesla and Marchant are at least playing hockey in the NHL, but besides Zhamnov all the other three players are question marks. Although I think that Hilbert can play in the NHL.

Old
11-05-2005, 09:23 AM
X0ssbar

While I agree with your assesments of both teams I will also agree with some others that this deal does nothing for Columbus.

Right now I would say only Nash and Foote are untouchable in C-bus. Klesla would be in that next group w/ Zherdev, Brule, Picard and Fritsche where it would take a relatively young impact player coming back in return. So far through the first 3 games that Klesla has played since he's been back from injury - it really does appear this kid is starting to turn the corner. He has looked very impressive to the point I'm wondering what happened to the old Klesla. One of the few bright spots in a dismal beggining to the CBJ season.

That said this team is very desperate for a front line center. If we are prepared to give up a young asset who is finally starting to show signs of breaking out we are gonna want more than an aging unhealthy center as the centerpiece of this deal in return. Really the only center that would interest Columbus would be Thornton. Bergeron would also be of interest. Those are the type of young players that the Jackets would be looking at if they were going to offer up a young player in return - especially their only young defensemen. Unfortunately for us, those are also the types of players teams aren't willing to let go.

..and before anyone starts flaming - I realize it would take much more than Klesla to get a Thornton back in return.

Last edited by X0ssbar: 11-05-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Closed Thread