HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

my lines if we got a center

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Rafters

vCash: 500
my lines if we got a center

Smyth-Center-Isbister
Chimera-York-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Dvorak
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque

This would give us 4 scoring lines and the 3rd line would also be great defensivly. The Oilers roll 4 lines unlike most teams so even strength ice time. Would be equally distributed. Dvo would still get some pp & pk time

Old
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Taco Grande

You'd be totally mis-using Dvorak in your line up, he has too much offensive ability to be stuck in a checking role. He also would be handicapped by Reasoner/Moreau offensively.

Isbister also doesn't need to be switched wings again, he needs to get comfortable and start being productive.

I do like York at center though, i'd love to see him do well there over a period of a season. A couple years ago when Yorkie was with NYR there was an article written about him being an absolute force as a 3rd line center, playing both ends of the ice effectively with revolving linemates. Looking forward to watching him.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3991731
Smyth-Center-Isbister
Chimera-York-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Dvorak
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque

This would give us 4 scoring lines and the 3rd line would also be great defensivly. The Oilers roll 4 lines unlike most teams so even strength ice time. Would be equally distributed. Dvo would still get some pp & pk time
Gonz0's take:

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Chimera-Center-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-York
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque

Old
10-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Rafters

this would give us 4 scoring lines, but the so-called third line would also be able to pop a few goals in with d-vo on it.

Old
10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Grande
You'd be totally mis-using Dvorak in your line up, he has too much offensive ability to be stuck in a checking role. He also would be handicapped by Reasoner/Moreau offensively.

Isbister also doesn't need to be switched wings again, he needs to get comfortable and start being productive.

I do like York at center though, i'd love to see him do well there over a period of a season. A couple years ago when Yorkie was with NYR there was an article written about him being an absolute force as a 3rd line center, playing both ends of the ice effectively with revolving linemates. Looking forward to watching him.
I'm fine with his lines but would like to see the center is first before we start deciding line combos mix but from a generic point view it looks fine. Dvorak is a two way player and can add offense to that line(expensive for a 3rd liner though) Reasoner is a good passer and has pretty good offensive instincts for a checker he has a hard wild shot to his left and a sniper to his right. Isbister has already stated he feels more comfortable on the right wing.

Closed Thread