HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ribeiro: 3 even strength points.. -5

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2005, 12:35 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Ribeiro: 3 even strength points.. -5

I think its time to splite the Ribeiro Ryder duo.. Ribeiro would need 2 fast skaters, defensively responsible to be more effective even strength.. My solution would be Plekanec to center our second line but we still have to deal with Ribs in the line-up.. Slow, weak..

Move-up Ryder with Koivu and Kovy...

Ryder Koivu Kovy

Zednik Ribeiro Perezhogin

Old
11-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
I think its time to splite the Ribeiro Ryder duo.. Ribeiro would need 2 fast skaters, defensively responsible to be more effective even strength.. My solution would be Plekanec to center our second line but we still have to deal with Ribs in the line-up.. Slow, weak..

Ryder Koivu Kovy

We're 9-3-1 and you want to start busting up the lines? At least wait until we start losing.

I've never been a Ribs lover myself, but Ryder is every bit as responsible for the woes on that line, perhaps even more so. Besides, they are both starting to heat up, and they're the team leaders in scoring, so I see no reason to break them up.

Old
11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:

Ryder Koivu Kovy

don't you think we already have enough of those kind of threads ? This has already been brought up before.

we have 9 wins, our 1st line of Zednik, Koivu and Kovalev is doing great. why break up that line ? why break up the chemistry these guys have togheter ? why are you still complaining ?

Typical fan that always try to complain and bash players ?

Old
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
gars59

but the line perez-koivu-kovy had a great chemistry ! why cj broke up this line

Old
11-03-2005, 01:16 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...hl-maple_leafs

I don't see many Leaf fans whining.

Old
11-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:

Ryder Koivu Kovy

tu dois tellement être un mauvais dans la vie...
té juste tellement fatiguant!

Old
11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I have to agree with the general sentiment, leave things alone. We are one of the top teams in the east with the way things are going and lets hope it stays that way.

Old
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Fozz

Old
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Simknows

even if Ribeiro scores 100 goals and gets 250 assists somebody will start a bashing ribeiro thread !!!!

He scored 4 goals in his last 3 games and Ryder is on fire so what's the problem ???

Who are the 2 best goal scorer in our team........Ryder and Ribeiro

GO RIBS GO !!!!!!

Old
11-03-2005, 03:42 PM
goalchenyuk

best 5 Takeaways minus Giveaways ( from last week )

Ribeiro +10
Markov +7
Bulis +6
Perez +5
Bonk +5

worst 5 Takeaways minus Giveaways

Dandenault -6
Souray -5
Streit -2
Ryder/Zednik -1

about the minus , look the plays of Ryder and the beautyful giveaway that Plekanec did in front of the net.

Old
11-03-2005, 03:57 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
tu dois tellement être un mauvais dans la vie...
té juste tellement fatiguant!

hahahahahahhaah

Old
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Kafka

Quote:

Ryder Koivu Kovy

Clearly, the problem is the absence of Dagenais. Together, they ended first on the team in +/- last season!!!

Sarcasm...... when people tell the +/- stat means nothing when its high, it should mean nothing when its down. Adam Oates wasn't moved from a first line cause he was slow.... I don't see why Ribeiro should.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59
Because Zednik returned from his injury. As we saw in the playoffs, the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line is the best on the team.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:06 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Because it was 3 games it hadn't produced. The new line is what ga veeb producibg these last few games.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:43 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Clearly, the problem is the absence of Dagenais. Together, they ended first on the team in +/- last season!!!

Sarcasm...... when people tell the +/- stat means nothing when its high, it should mean nothing when its down. Adam Oates wasn't moved from a first line cause he was slow.... I don't see why Ribeiro should.
Oates also never played in the new NHL.

Old
11-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
Yeah but he played for 5 years in the eighties....

Old
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
small slow down by Perez, horrible play of Zednik on the second defensively ( something the second line really doesn't need Ryder's horrible defensive play and Zed's really bad start ).

Plus, Perez not at 100%, sick just like Begin. In the game against the Rangers, he was down after one shift in the third, he couldn't keep up. Give him a week before he return to full strenght. ( this weekend )

Too bad for that line, but I'm pretty sure Perez will end up on the second line most of the time. He's a rookie, but so far he's more solid defensively then both Zed and Ryder. Our defensive play is fine down the middle, but you just can't have 2 bad defensive winger on a line. Zed with Rib and Ryder would just be awfull, Rib is alright defensively, and can help his winger, but no way in hell he can help 2 of them. He's certainly no Jason Arnott.

Old
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
x-bob

I would like to see Bulis on that second line for a game or 2. He;'s fats and amazing in his own end. Ribeiro should be able to set him up pretty nice

Old
11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
? He played only a few games in the old one too. Before '95, hooking and obstruction were not a part of the game like a few years ago.

Old
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Habsurd

I wouldnt chng the 1st line BUT I 'd like to see Begin play w Rib + Ryder, at least while he seems to be on a hot streak lately.
I know the 3rd line is playg well right now but they're not scoring much so why not move Begin up.....JUST to see how he clicks on the 2nd FOR A COUPLE games. I cant see this "ruining" the 3rd line....i think its worth a look.

If i were Julien i'd tell Begin to play his regular game, ie. check hard/play the body + dig for the puck. Maybe he can bring some defensive awareness to the line while digging the puck off of the boards for Ribeiro + Ryder to make their plays.
PLUS.....Begin wont be scared to go to the net + wait for rebounds!!

Old
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
CGG

Does anyone need to point out that Ribs would only be -4 if defensive guru Tomas Plekanec hadn't coughed up the puck in front of his own net in the very worst giveaway I have ever seen?

And NewHabsArea, despite your obvious mancrush on Plekanec, what would we seriously do without Ribs? So what if Pleks is a better skater and better in his own end. Trade Ribs for a bucket of pucks and put Pleks on the 2nd line, then you need to replace Pleks on the 4th. And without dressing Dagenais, we need to call someone up. Who's doing best in Hamilton right now? Corey Locke.

So who would you rather have in the lineup, Ribs and Pleks or Pleks and Locke?

Old
11-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005
Does anyone need to point out that Ribs would only be -4 if defensive guru Tomas Plekanec hadn't coughed up the puck in front of his own net in the very worst giveaway I have ever seen?

And NewHabsArea, despite your obvious mancrush on Plekanec, what would we seriously do without Ribs? So what if Pleks is a better skater and better in his own end. Trade Ribs for a bucket of pucks and put Pleks on the 2nd line, then you need to replace Pleks on the 4th. And without dressing Dagenais, we need to call someone up. Who's doing best in Hamilton right now? Corey Locke.

So who would you rather have in the lineup, Ribs and Pleks or Pleks and Locke?
Plekanec is not a "defensive guru." However, he does have a much better +/- than Ribeiro. Clearly he is better in his own end. He would have more goals and assists than he has now if he weren't limited to playing on the 4th line and killing penalties. When Chipchura arrives he will probably replace Bonk on the third line. It's doubtful that Locke has a future in the NHL. I think Koivu will remain with the Habs for another 3 years. There's no one like him on the team right now. I can't imagine Kovalev having as much rapport with Ribeiro.

There is no need to trade anyone right now, but as many posters have pointed out the Habs could really use another defenseman besides Markov who can play the point on the power play. Streit is not the answer and Hainsey still seems to be poor defensively.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Pycalusus

Quote:

Ryder Koivu Kovy

Perezhogin only has 3 points even strength too and has been playing with better line mates and Zednik is not that defensively responsible, so all you're doing is messing with the chemistry of the team 'cause you like certain players better. This is not NHL 2006, it doesn't work that way in real life.

Old
11-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Pycalusus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
Bulis is fast but no second liner.
LOL remember when he was on our first line, my how times have changed.(sorry Jan, love ya bud but ya got no hands.)

Old
11-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Pycalusus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
When Chipchura arrives he will probably replace Bonk on the third line. It's doubtful that Locke has a future in the NHL.
Let me get this straight Chipchura who has suffered with injuries and never played a pro game is taking over for Bonk, yet, Locke who Dominated junior had a very good rookie year in the AHL and is averaging a point a game this year is doubtful to have a career in the NHL. Ummmmm......

Closed Thread