HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Semenov scratch again

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Spearing47

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Semenov scratch again

D pairs vs Canucks

Staios-Smith
Brewer-Cross
Bergeron-Ferguson

Old
10-11-2003, 10:30 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
D pairs vs Canucks

Staios-Smith
Brewer-Cross
Bergeron-Ferguson
If Fergie and Bergeron touch the ice even once when Bert and Naz are on the ice I am gonna be scared.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:32 AM
gretzky2kurri

I guess if you are gonna send a message......it may as well have some impact. Sitting 2 in a row must have Semenov thinking.

I trust the decision.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
If Fergie and Bergeron touch the ice even once when Bert and Naz are on the ice I am gonna be scared.
Sooner or later the teams lack of a true no.3-4 defenseman will be exposed. That will probably be the impetus for a Comrie trade IMO.

Old
10-11-2003, 11:58 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Sooner or later the teams lack of a true no.3-4 defenseman will be exposed. That will probably be the impetus for a Comrie trade IMO.
im not really sure that the oiler dont have a pretty good top 3 (smith, staios, brewer) and i think they have an emerging top 3-4 guy in semenov (though he will take a while like all dmen do).... but its the dropoff after those top 3 that scares me this season..... cross is good for a "filler" type D (though he makes too much for that)... bergeron is too early in his career for me to really make a comment on what he is or is not.... fergeson is the perfect 7th dman IMO....

basically you can prolly figure out from this that i would like to see cross and comrie packaged together for a REALLY good defensemen.... and when i say really good i mean top 2 good.... i think we would be able to afford this because corrs makes around 1.2 mill i believe and comrie was about 1 mill, so that would free up 2 mill in salary that they could use on the new (and prolly kinda expensive dman).... this would leave us with:

brewer
smith
*insert name*
staios
bergeron
semenov
and fergie sitting out most of the time

i think a defensive linup like the above would put usin pretty good shape

Old
10-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Lowetide

It makes a certain amount of sense to sit Semenov when Bergeron is going to play. Cross and Ferguson might be slow, but they do have experience and know the value of making the simple play.

g2k mentioned somewhere today about Smith's playoff and that's a really good point. Smith is healthy and playing with confidence, and when that happens he's a quality NHL defenseman.

Closed Thread