HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Connolly

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2005, 11:23 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Connolly

I was as thrilled as anyone when he first arrived via the Peca trade. Then I was as down on him as anyone could be for the last couple of years. However, I think his game has been great this season.

He's finally added the elements that his game had been missing. He seems better conditioned, and isn't getting thrown off of the puck. He's playing well along the walls, fighting for and hanging onto the puck. He's no longer a defensive liability, has become a decent penalty killer, and is even finishing checks. He's finally decided to start taking shots, and it'll only be a matter of time before it starts to pay off. To be honest, those were all of the holes in his game that made him quarterbacking a PP unit such a disaster.

Mayber there's more to come?

Old
11-06-2005, 11:33 AM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

I agree with you. I think Connolly has been very strong this season. He's not putting the puck in the net, but he's doing all the (other) things we ask him to.

Old
11-06-2005, 11:49 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I don't know what it is, but I really like Timmy. Even before this year. Honest. I think it's the fact that he does work hard [I remember reading that he was almost always the last player on the ice during practices], but he's a skill player. Whenever I play a hockey game, be it on ps2 or EHM or whatever, he's always one of the few Sabres I have a hard time getting rid of, though I did trade him for Pavel Vorobiev and a 1st [10th overall] last week. Hard to pass up that deal.
That was nice to see him actually be successful with that move last nite; I thought he was pretty solid. Play of the year for me is still him pushing Crosby the hell over.

Old
11-06-2005, 12:55 PM
BG43

Yeah TC is looking great. He's definately improved a lot since the last time he played. I'm glad that the Sabres had the patience with him to enjoy some of this now.. because how horrible would it be for us to see him playing this way after trading him away for nothing. But, yeah I think the goals will start coming.. as long as he continues to work hard. Our luck must change soon enough. These one goal losses are killer and it sucks because a loss is a loss, whether by 6 vs the Sens or 1 like with the Habs. Come on Buffalo.. some key goals.. and killer instinct is needed

Closed Thread