HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs first game

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 07:12 AM
nathan

vCash: 500
Another positive that passed my mind was Aebisher's puck handling. Is much underrated. He did a good job with it all night and also made a terrific pass into the neutral zone while the Hawks were line changing. That resulted in Hejduk's 1st goal I believe.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:48 AM
avfan#21

Just some observations and opinion here but you can sure tell who Abby's mentor was. Everything from wandering around after the puck to the patented statue of liberty in a critical flurry of shots.

Four opinions of mine:

1 Svatos on a less talented team would be a top sixer. He looked creative and has speed.

2. Liles looked like a rookie, I was okay with it, he didn't hurt his team any.

3. Cummins didn't really impress me much, I dont' think it helps McCormick benching him for this stiff.

4. If you can get a two way forward with some O and some foot speed, move Battaglia for him. Sundstrom would be the perfect fit IMO.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
3. Cummins didn't really impress me much, I dont' think it helps McCormick benching him for this stiff.
I think with Worrell dinged, you'll see Cummins instead of McCormick a lot of the time, unless they suit up Big Mac. I know Cody is willing to drop 'em, but there's a reason Cummins made the team.

I had to miss last nights game, dammit, because I was duty bound to watch my Cubs, but I am really looking forward to seeing Svatos, McCormick, Skrastin, Liles and Cummins. Oh, and those Kariya and Selanne dudes.

Old
10-11-2003, 02:14 PM
MileHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
http://coloradoavalanche.com/fanconnect/AudioVideo.asp

Highlights of the game can be found at the above link. Sweet stuff.
I can't see anything but I can hear it. Can someone please help me in trying to get it to work?

Thanks

Old
10-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Belgican

I also had the chance to see the game, taking a look at our rookies Svatos and Liles for the first time. I thought both of them were very good, Svatos is very fast and goes to the net, Liles had such a great position, and I remember that breakthrough pass to Sakic who would go alone to the net if klemm didn't foul him before.

I liked the play of Nikolishin a lot, he and Skrastins add a lot with their steady defensive play. Niko can get the puck out of the zone very smoothly too, h eplayed a great game.

And Battaglia and Cummmins at least played a great team game, going after the guy who abused our stars.

Great to see Abby having such a good game and beeing so calm, and the crowd yelling Abby Abby, it will add to his confidence, but more than that, it will accelerate the feeling from his teamates they should have confidence in him.

Old
10-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Why? you want him?
Probably wouldn't mind having him on the Pens.

But I was just wondering, he was one of my favorite D-men and I have him in a FHL keeper league.

Closed Thread