HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Chicago Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Release The Lehner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
Statistics are a HORRIBLE way to gauge the quality of a goaltender.
Hahahahaha .... good comeback .... priceless.

There are atleast 10 goalies I'd take before Khabibulin in this league with no consideration given to the amount of money they make. With the salary taken into consideration he's barely in the top 30.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:50 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
Hahahahaha .... good comeback .... priceless.

There are atleast 10 goalies I'd take before Khabibulin in this league with no consideration given to the amount of money they make. With the salary taken into consideration he's barely in the top 30.
And with that post goes any credibility...

I wasn't a fan of the Khabibulin pickup; he's overpaid and we already had a solid goalie in Thibault with our forward group slow and unskilled and our defense lacking ability. All that said, Khabibulin is a top 5 goalie and soon will show people why that is.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Colorado Avalanche

We can't afford to lose our #1 defenseman. He's still working over 20 minutes over and over again every night. Aebischer < Khabibulin though.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Release The Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan

I wasn't a fan of the Khabibulin pickup; he's overpaid and we already had a solid goalie in Thibault with our forward group slow and unskilled and our defense lacking ability. All that said, Khabibulin is a top 5 goalie and soon will show people why that is.
How do I lose credibility with that post?

I would take atleast 10 goalies before I'd take Khabibulin on my team with no consideration given to the money they make. Here's my list just for you to tear apart since we all know how people love to tear apart lists (Brodeur, Luongo, Hasek, Belfour, Turco, Nabokov, Kiprusoff, Theodore, Raycroft, Vokoun, Kolzig, Giguere, Rolosson).

Now, if you take the salary into consideration you could add pretty much everyone else to the list of goalies I'd take before Khabibulin. He's not good enough to take up almost 20% of the teams cap space. If you take up that much room you should have the ability to take over a game and win it almost singlehandedly for your team, and that is something Khabibulin can't do. There are only 2 goalies that should be getting that kind of money and they are Brodeur and Luongo.

As far as Aebischer vs. Khabibulin is concerned, based on a production per dollar comparison I'd take Aebischer before Khabibulin. Khabi is worth half of what he makes.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Belgian Fan

Blake has an NTC anyway... I doubt he'd waive it to go to Chicago.

Old
11-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan
Indeed

Stats don't tell the story on goalies, especially not him. Having watched the guy for several years, there's a reason he's considered to be an elite goalie. That said, no one's going to pick up that obscene contract he's got now, but I highly doubt Chicago is ready to dump him already. Makes no sense.

11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Indeed

Stats don't tell the story on goalies, especially not him. Having watched the guy for several years, there's a reason he's considered to be an elite goalie. That said, no one's going to pick up that obscene contract he's got now, but I highly doubt Chicago is ready to dump him already. Makes no sense.
I completely agree that judging purely on skill he is a top 5 goaltender in the world. But it has always been obvious that work ethic and consistancy have always been his weak points. Hence his numbers and performance on average are barely top 10.

I dont give two ***** what he is capable of, his performance is what counts. And every year there are roughly 10 goaltenders who perform better than him on average. These may not be the same guys every year, which overall puts him higher, but he has never been a goalie that can lead a crap team to the playoffs. Even behind a great team in Tampa his regular season performances werent that impressive.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:11 PM
betweenthepipes
BTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice
I completely agree that judging purely on skill he is a top 5 goaltender in the world. But it has always been obvious that work ethic and consistancy have always been his weak points. Hence his numbers and performance on average are barely top 10.

I dont give two ***** what he is capable of, his performance is what counts. And every year there are roughly 10 goaltenders who perform better than him on average. These may not be the same guys every year, which overall puts him higher, but he has never been a goalie that can lead a crap team to the playoffs. Even behind a great team in Tampa his regular season performances werent that impressive.
sorry but khabbi did exactly just that when winnipeg made a cup run. But that was years ago. He is a good goalie, but way to over paid, 3-4 mil would be a good number for him.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Even behind a great team in Tampa his regular season performances werent that impressive.
His first two full seasons here, he was stellar. Again you are just looking at the numbers, not the performance. His first full season, his #s were similar to what Luongo put up in 03-04 (which some people thought was Vezina-worthy), getting 40 shot shut-outs, etc. He was the team's MVP and stole many games for them singlehandedly. Only in his last year here did he have major problems with consistency, by which I mean an extended losing streak, letting in bad goals, etc. Prior to that, he had some consistency problems, but nothing obvious enough to get the coach on his back like he was in 03-04.

As someone else already pointed out, he did lead crappy teams to the playoffs.

I can understand why you don't like him, but you really can't deny that he has been a great goalie for years.

Old
11-07-2005, 01:52 PM
salty justice

Ive never denied that he is a great goaltender. I simply dont agree when people say he is a top 5 elite goaltender. He isnt far off, but there is no doubt IMO that he is not in the same class as the Broduers and Theodores of the league.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:27 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Ive never denied that he is a great goaltender. I simply dont agree when people say he is a top 5 elite goaltender. He isnt far off, but there is no doubt IMO that he is not in the same class as the Broduers and Theodores of the league.
Well, that'd be two goalies you're putting ahead of him.

Who are the other three?

Closed Thread