HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Gaborik and Dupuis may not sign this season!

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
Gaborik and Dupuis may not sign this season!

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1740644

Minnesota can kiss the playoffs goodbye if these two are gone for the year. Never thought the situation was that bad.

Old
10-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

I think Gaborik has played like 6 games in Slovakia this season, if he plays 10 i'm pretty sure he can't come back to play in the NHL this season.

I wonder if this will happen?

Old
10-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Oiltalk

Maybe Minnesota will trade him to the Oil.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:23 PM
DW

Quote:
Maybe Minnesota will trade him to the Oil.
But then how is EDM going to pay him.

Quote:
Walsh said he's been contacted by three European teams who are offering more than what Minnesota has put on the table.
From the above link from Foxsports.com: I just read a day ago that Walsh had contacted the 3 teams. It seems there is lots of spin going on in these negotiations. I also read a post on wild.com that Dupuis might be signed by Sunday. I guess there was an interview on the radio that stated this. To me, it doesn't sound like the his negotiation would just end like this. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Gaborik could be out for awhile. I was pretty optimistic a few weeks ago, but not anymore after listening to Walsh on the radio before the season opener say that NO ONE outside of Mario and Gretzky has made such an impact in the last 20(?) years then Gaborik. What a big pile of steaming (fill in whatever you like). No way this ends in a timely manner.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Erngueva

Somebody close to the Wild organisation say to one my friend that Gaborik will not sign this year. Take it for what's it's worth.. but the Wild guy is an important people in the organisation.

My friend was saying Gaborik asked around 6 millions and the Wild were offering 4 or 4,5. he was not sure about the amount.

P.S. My english is bad, i wish you understand.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:20 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
Gaborik could be out for awhile. I was pretty optimistic a few weeks ago, but not anymore after listening to Walsh on the radio before the season opener say that NO ONE outside of Mario and Gretzky has made such an impact in the last 20(?) years then Gaborik. What a big pile of steaming (fill in whatever you like). No way this ends in a timely manner.
In other words, Walsh wants more money from his cut.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I hope Havlat, Gaborik, and Dupuis all sit out the year. If their is a lockout next season.......even better that they remain out of hockey. All for that extra dough, that they should not get at such a young age . Who needs Gaborik anyways, they have DAIGLE!!!!!! *who had a very nice goal today *. *joking* Seriously though, Walsh seems only to be in it for the money. He is pressing the issue that the players are not going to sign, very heavily. On top of that, he didn't even initiate contract talks until the day before the season.......what a joke. I thought your agent was supposed to "try" and get you signed, not to have you sit out.

Old
10-10-2003, 10:02 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out
I think Gaborik has played like 6 games in Slovakia this season, if he plays 10 i'm pretty sure he can't come back to play in the NHL this season.

I wonder if this will happen?
gaborik can't play another game now that the nhl season has begun, or he'd have to clear waivers to come back

Old
10-10-2003, 10:06 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva
Somebody close to the Wild organisation say to one my friend that Gaborik will not sign this year. Take it for what's it's worth.. but the Wild guy is an important people in the organisation.

My friend was saying Gaborik asked around 6 millions and the Wild were offering 4 or 4,5. he was not sure about the amount.

P.S. My english is bad, i wish you understand.
Good Lord I hope your friend misunderstood or something... I really would like Gaborik to come back... but 6 million??

Related note: Lou Nanne was on KFAN and said that the team has made significantly larger offers than what's been reported in the papers.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Troy McClure

"Walsh said he's been contacted by three European teams who are offering more than what Minnesota has put on the table. "

I call BS on this. If he was getting better offers from Europe, wouldn't he be playing there? After all, it's all about the money.

This Walsh guy is a piece of crap.

Old
10-11-2003, 11:44 AM
GaborikRules10!!!

Tell us something we dont know.

I really think Pascal will be back in the next week or 2, now Marian its a different story.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:55 PM
guinness
those were the days

I still think it's pretty bad when guys that score a whopping 48 pts like Dupuis can hold out. Oh wait look at all the money Lapointe got...the NHL salary structure is so screwed up. Let them them both play in Europe if they thinl they can get more money with CBA running out.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
gaborik can't play another game now that the nhl season has begun, or he'd have to clear waivers to come back
They were talking on CBC about Gaborik and Dupuis on the hot stove. Gaborik isn't playing anywhere, and they're within 1 million.

The again Al Strachan said they were close on Gaborik and far apart on Dupuis.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Teh Wild will be fine. Lemaire can coach a beer league team into an NHL team.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:20 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
They were talking on CBC about Gaborik and Dupuis on the hot stove. Gaborik isn't playing anywhere, and they're within 1 million.

The again Al Strachan said they were close on Gaborik and far apart on Dupuis.
Then again, that's also coming out of Al Strachan's mouth.

Closed Thread