HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Old
05-09-2017, 03:58 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

vCash: 500
Kuzy is a gem.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Jags
Mildly Disturbed

I remember all the speculation about Kuznetsov before he made the decision to come over, and how many outlets said there might be issues between him and Ovechkin, sharing the spotlight and all that.

At the draft that year, I was very much in favor of drafting him because of Ovechkin -- both being extremely dedicated family guys that lost an older brother at a young age, thrust into the spotlight very early, etc. They have very rare, meaningful things in common, and when you're hoping to build a team that has that kind of connectivity and kinship, things like that matter a great deal.

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Dr John Carlson
Light is all over us

vCash: 50
I can understand why some might not like his bird celly, but Kuznetsov sure is an easy guy to root for.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
lidstromiscool

Might have been answered, but any reason Kuzy isn't on PP1? Seems to me like he should be the guy to run it let alone be on the 2nd unit. Also still can't believe Detroit took Sheahan instead of this beast

lidstromiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
twabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidstromiscool View Post
Might have been answered, but any reason Kuzy isn't on PP1? Seems to me like he should be the guy to run it let alone be on the 2nd unit. Also still can't believe Detroit took Sheahan instead of this beast
Kuznetsov is not as good as Backstrom on the half-wall in the 1-3-1 and he's not as good on the boards or in front of the net as Johansson is. Those are the only two spots he could realistically take on the Capitals' PP setup due to his handedness and he's simply not better than the other options IMO. He's a very good option on PP2 and it makes that unit dangerous as well.

twabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Dr John Carlson
Light is all over us

vCash: 50
Also, putting Kuznetsov in Johansson's spot on PP1 is at best a minimal upgrade, while putting Johansson or Burakovsky in Kuznetsov's spot on PP2 is probably a significant downgrade.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:25 PM
lidstromiscool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twabby View Post
Kuznetsov is not as good as Backstrom on the half-wall in the 1-3-1 and he's not as good on the boards or in front of the net as Johansson is. Those are the only two spots he could realistically take on the Capitals' PP setup due to his handedness and he's simply not better than the other options IMO. He's a very good option on PP2 and it makes that unit dangerous as well.
Okay that makes sense, I just felt he'd be a lot better down low instead of Johansson. Didn't realize Johansson is net front, thought he was more the down low guy

lidstromiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:30 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by twabby View Post
wow. this is what ive been saying all along. if you believe this, then the caps might actually win tonight.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:33 PM
txpd

Quote:
Okay that makes sense, I just felt he'd be a lot better down low instead of Johansson. Didn't realize Johansson is net front, thought he was more the down low guy
Johansson is the down low guy. When he gets the puck he can pass to Oshie in the bumper spot or back to Backstrom. If Backstrom moves the puck to the point, Johansson skates to the front of the net. So, he does both

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
He's both. Where the puck is in the formation dictates where Johansson is playing. When the puck is at the top of the circles, Johansson moves in to screen the goaltender. When Backstrom is handling the puck along the half wall, Johansson moves out wide to be the down low pass option.

Also, it's rare that the low guy has to make a really creative pass or beat someone one-on-one (where Kuzy would excel relative to Johansson). Most of the down low plays are about quick, one-touch passes to open players (namely Oshie/Williams), driving the puck to the net, or rotating with the half wall.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 11:18 PM
mikeyp24

Hey guys CBJ fan wanting to congratulate you on a great season I was pulling for you. Just wondering what you guys think his next contract is going to be he is a RFA this year if I'm not mistaken.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote