HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL...

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 06:57 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
Around the NHL...

Pittsburg lost to L.A. tonight 3-0. But yikes! M.A. Fleury with 46 saves. I know there's a saying about trial by fire.. but this is ridiculous. Fleury is going to have his career ruined if he continues to be peppered like this for the entire season. He's going to break eventually.

Tampa looked very much like the dominant team against Boston tonight. Watched the first couple of periods and the Richards line was going crazy against the Boston defense.

I also watched most of the Colorado game against Chicago. Granted, Chicago is not the best of teams out there and the Avs were up against Leighton... but the Avs were very good.

Anyone questioning the chemistry of the Sakic/Selanne/Kariya line should retract their statement. They are all gunning out there and look extremely comfortable on the ice together. Looks extremely dangerous offensively... Also, their 7th round pick Svatos is in their lineup playing on the third line. He wasn't really in a top 6 role but looked pretty good and showed good hands. Looks like it could be another good late round pick by the Avs.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:03 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
hahahahahaha you remind me of me when i had Center Ice, i'd do nothing but watch hockey between 4 and 10 PST...

Old
10-10-2003, 07:05 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
hahahahahaha you remind me of me when i had Center Ice, i'd do nothing but watch hockey between 4 and 10 PST...
yeah, well. Hockey season is just beginning... and it's been so long. I really did want to watch the Colorado game. My second favorite team right there. :p

Old
10-10-2003, 07:10 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

[QUOTE=momentai]Pittsburg lost to L.A. tonight 3-0. But yikes! M.A. Fleury with 46 saves. I know there's a saying about trial by fire.. but this is ridiculous. Fleury is going to have his career ruined if he continues to be peppered like this for the entire season. He's going to break eventually. [QUOTE]

Best way to become a truly great goaltender.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:12 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Pittsburg lost to L.A. tonight 3-0. But yikes! M.A. Fleury with 46 saves. I know there's a saying about trial by fire.. but this is ridiculous. Fleury is going to have his career ruined if he continues to be peppered like this for the entire season. He's going to break eventually.
Best way to become a truly great goaltender. That's why so many come out of the Q.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Best way to become a truly great goaltender. That's why so many come out of the Q.
Never worked for Tugnutt, he just got a rep for losing.

Poor bugger got a shutout in a 52 save performance playing for the Nords one year and he never really got a shot at playing with a decent team until he was old.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:25 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I really did want to watch the Colorado game.
I watched about 15 minutes of that game. Completely worthwhile.

Closed Thread