HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Murray

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2016, 12:13 AM
  #51
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,095
vCash: 500
Big season for Murray. He needs to start taking steps. He's a good defenseman, but you don't get drafted 2nd overall to be a good defenseman. He needs to start trusting his legs more and lead the charge out of our zone.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 04:18 AM
  #52
WerenskiRules
Registered User
 
WerenskiRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg10 View Post
Big season for Murray. He needs to start taking steps. He's a good defenseman, but you don't get drafted 2nd overall to be a good defenseman. He needs to start trusting his legs more and lead the charge out of our zone.
well put....He needs to up his aggressiveness, and decrease his passive play

It's time to up his game to next level. I'd be all for seeing him get his 1st 5 minute fighting penalty......obviously being careful who he chooses to drop em with

WerenskiRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 06:07 AM
  #53
CBJsoldier
Winging it
 
CBJsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
I agree the top line should be Jones/Murray.

CBJsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:32 AM
  #54
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketsFan4Life View Post
well put....He needs to up his aggressiveness, and decrease his passive play

It's time to up his game to next level. I'd be all for seeing him get his 1st 5 minute fighting penalty......obviously being careful who he chooses to drop em with
That's the wrong kind of aggressiveness. Murray isn't ever gonna be a fighter, but he could defintely be more physical. He could also be more aggressive in the offensive zone as well.. I think he still has untapped offensive potential and I don't think he necessarily needs to be with Jones to to tap into it.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:10 AM
  #55
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketsFan4Life View Post
well put....He needs to up his aggressiveness, and decrease his passive play

It's time to up his game to next level. I'd be all for seeing him get his 1st 5 minute fighting penalty......obviously being careful who he chooses to drop em with
I wouldn't. Fighting has nothing to do with playing more aggressive. He needs to be more offensive and not more dumb.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:11 AM
  #56
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,960
vCash: 500
The problem right now, is Murray probably has to be more defensive playing with Savard. While I like our top 4, I still don't like our pairings.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 02:13 PM
  #57
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
The problem right now, is Murray probably has to be more defensive playing with Savard. While I like our top 4, I still don't like our pairings.
I actually think quite the opposite.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
  #58
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I actually think quite the opposite.
I guess I just don't trust Savard nearly as much as I do Jones.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 06:19 PM
  #59
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
The problem right now, is Murray probably has to be more defensive playing with Savard. While I like our top 4, I still don't like our pairings.
Savard has a poor first pass out of the defensive zone, so yeah Murray has to be a lot more aware. When they are in the offensive zone, Murray would have to worry about Savard's foot speed if the puck gets past Savard. Savard is pretty much toast on a 2-1, especially if the player have any speed at all.

So yeah, while I think the comment is too simplistic I find there is some truth to the statement.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 07:48 PM
  #60
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Savard has a poor first pass out of the defensive zone, so yeah Murray has to be a lot more aware. When they are in the offensive zone, Murray would have to worry about Savard's foot speed if the puck gets past Savard. Savard is pretty much toast on a 2-1, especially if the player have any speed at all.

So yeah, while I think the comment is too simplistic I find there is some truth to the statement.
Yep, those are the main reasons why. I was just too lazy after work to type a lot .

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:02 PM
  #61
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Yep, those are the main reasons why. I was just too lazy after work to type a lot .
I'm always good for over sharing...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 08:46 PM
  #62
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 250
For those reasons you posted are exactly why Murray NEEDS to be with Savard... Would you rather him with a rookie, Johnson or Murray? Of those 3 Murray is easily the player I pair him with.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 09:33 PM
  #63
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
For those reasons you posted are exactly why Murray NEEDS to be with Savard... Would you rather him with a rookie, Johnson or Murray? Of those 3 Murray is easily the player I pair him with.
It may be best for the team. I am not arguing that. I am arguing it isn't the best pairing for him to continue to develop his offensive game and aggressiveness offensively.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 09:45 PM
  #64
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
It may be best for the team. I am not arguing that. I am arguing it isn't the best pairing for him to continue to develop his offensive game and aggressiveness offensively.
I agree and those same considerations are why Werenski is better off playing with Seth Jones. Really, who wouldn't be better off with an elite skating and good passing D man?

I think Murray is going to have a great year either way though. He's going to be pushed to use his skating as a threat more (now that he's faster), and Savard is not bad covering defensively (I agree about his first pass).

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:28 PM
  #65
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
For those reasons you posted are exactly why Murray NEEDS to be with Savard... Would you rather him with a rookie, Johnson or Murray? Of those 3 Murray is easily the player I pair him with.
I'll be honest, my points really aren't related to nor really justify your position. The points I listed were only in relation to what I quoted; nothing more nothing less. Heck, I don't even think Savard should be a Jacket. He really isn't very good IMHO.

If Savard is bottom pairing, I see no issue with him and Werenksi as an example. Especially at home where Torts can control the matchups.

Cheers.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2016, 10:43 PM
  #66
WannabeFinn
Duuuuuub?
 
WannabeFinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
I'm not expecting - or hoping - for much from Murray offensively anymore. And that's perfectly okay considering the additions of Werenski and Jones.

If he could spend the rest of his career notching 30 points and being a great player in his own zone then I'm perfectly happy.

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2016, 07:11 AM
  #67
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I'll be honest, my points really aren't related to nor really justify your position. The points I listed were only in relation to what I quoted; nothing more nothing less. Heck, I don't even think Savard should be a Jacket. He really isn't very good IMHO.

If Savard is bottom pairing, I see no issue with him and Werenksi as an example. Especially at home where Torts can control the matchups.

Cheers.
Obviously we'll just have to disagree, Murray helped Wiz have a helluva season and I think he could do the same with Savard. I don't get the hating on Savard, he's a pretty solid Dman. If someone comes along and can push him down so be it.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2016, 02:26 PM
  #68
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I guess I just don't trust Savard nearly as much as I do Jones.
I understand better where you and others are coming from. Savard is solid in his own end and physical enough in front of the net, but he is vulnerable in transition and in open ice situations.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2016, 04:23 PM
  #69
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I understand better where you and others are coming from. Savard is solid in his own end and physical enough in front of the net, but he is vulnerable in transition and in open ice situations.
That is the one thing that bothered me about Nutivaara. He didn't seem very good at clearing the crease. Maybe it is just me, but that was my impression in pre-season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2016, 01:06 PM
  #70
WerenskiRules
Registered User
 
WerenskiRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,425
vCash: 500
won't play in all 82 this year


out for Saturday's game.......injury result of blocking shot per AP

WerenskiRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2016, 01:11 PM
  #71
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,095
vCash: 500
Not sure why we kept him with Savard. They were pretty brutal together in preseason, and that didn't change last night.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2016, 07:46 PM
  #72
JacketFanInFL
Brick by Brick
 
JacketFanInFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 50
Yet another injury. He is made of glass.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2016, 08:29 PM
  #73
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Yet another injury. He is made of glass.
You take a shot to foot and see how well you can skate afterwards..

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2016, 08:49 PM
  #74
JoeyDangles19
Registered User
 
JoeyDangles19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Yet another injury. He is made of glass.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
You take a shot to foot and see how well you can skate afterwards..
Pretty much this. He's listed day to day so he'll be back by next week hopefully.

JoeyDangles19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2016, 10:27 AM
  #75
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
They don't play again until next Thursday against Chicago so he'll be fine by then.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.