HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Murray

Old
10-15-2016, 10:58 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
he's a pretty solid Dman.
Nope, he's not. I'll flip this back on to you, I have no idea why people like him at all. The board makes statements like that but they don't provide evidence. At least I give you some analysis on why I think he not all that good and I actually compliment him on the things that he does well. He has to do some things right to be a NHL player, however he shouldn't be in the top 4 on this team nor should he be getting paid 4+ million.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Crede777
Deputized

When he comes back, I hope the following are the pairings:

Werenski - Jones
Murray - Johnson (off-side)
Nutivaara/Harrington - Savard/Prout

Johnson needs his minutes managed, but I think Savard does even more so. At least until he can work some things out.

Last edited by Crede777: 10-15-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 09:24 AM
DarkandStormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Nope, he's not. I'll flip this back on to you, I have no idea why people like him at all. The board makes statements like that but they don't provide evidence. At least I give you some analysis on why I think he not all that good and I actually compliment him on the things that he does well. He has to do some things right to be a NHL player, however he shouldn't be in the top 4 on this team nor should he be getting paid 4+ million.
1) He's making $2.8 million if you're talking about Murray.
2) You want people to "provide evidence" yet I have seen none from you in this thread - again, assuming this is Murray and not Savard we're talking about.

DarkandStormy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandStormy View Post
1) He's making $2.8 million if you're talking about Murray.
2) You want people to "provide evidence" yet I have seen none from you in this thread - again, assuming this is Murray and not Savard we're talking about.
It's Savard.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 10:27 AM
DarkandStormy

^Sorry, was expecting Murray talk in the Murray thread and couldn't figure out who the quoted texts were talking about.

Old
10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
When he comes back, I hope the following are the pairings:

Werenski - Jones
Murray - Johnson (off-side)
Nutivaara/Harrington - Savard/Prout

Johnson needs his minutes managed, but I think Savard does even more so. At least until he can work some things out.
I agree. Give the top four tons of minutes and give the bottom pair limited minutes(~14) and hopefully a simplified system that doesn't ask Savard to pinch so much.

He didn't get caught nearly so often before.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 08:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandStormy View Post
1) 2) You want people to "provide evidence" yet I have seen none from you in this thread
Yeah, I don't know who you are (oh it's redstorm with a name change) I've been providing evidence on Savard for the better part of two seasons. You'll see some more of it in the last GTD. Holy cow was Savard terrible last game. You kind of jumped into a conversation that has been going on an off for quite a while.

As far as Murray goes, he hasn't had a great start to the season but he'll be fine.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yeah, I don't know who you are (oh it's redstorm with a name change) I've been providing evidence on Savard for the better part of two seasons. You'll see some more of it in the last GTD. Holy cow was Savard terrible last game. You kind of jumped into a conversation that has been going on an off for quite a while.

As far as Murray goes, he hasn't had a great start to the season but he'll be fine.
The team seems convinced that Savard is a better version of Wisniewski.

So far this season and last season, he's been worse. Similar defensive liabilities but he doesn't put up ~50 points.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 07:10 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
The team seems convinced that Savard is a better version of Wisniewski.

So far this season and last season, he's been worse. Similar defensive liabilities but he doesn't put up ~50 points.
I think Wiz is the better comparison, which is why I wanted him with Murray as they did pretty well together. I'm not ready to give up and throw Savard under the bus because of 2 games.

Last edited by BoonesJenner: 10-19-2016 at 03:43 PM.
BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 10:32 AM
DarkandStormy

The advanced stats seem to like him but he's regressed from a couple years ago.

Old
10-21-2016, 10:15 PM
JacketFanInFL
Brick by Brick

vCash: 50
Pascal LeMurray injured again

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 12:55 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Does anyone have a video of the hit? I was watching the Chicago feed and completely missed it.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 05:36 AM
mikeyp24

Neither of these injuries are his fault or prove injury prone... One was just a shot to the ankle and this was a.cheap ass elbow to the head that looked pretty damn intentional. Not saying intending to actually seriously hurt Murray but intentionally trying to elbow him and say back the **** off.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 09:25 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp24 View Post
Neither of these injuries are his fault or prove injury prone... One was just a shot to the ankle and this was a.cheap ass elbow to the head that looked pretty damn intentional. Not saying intending to actually seriously hurt Murray but intentionally trying to elbow him and say back the **** off.
caan someone tell me what happened? i watched it over and over again. all i see is murray go in on a forecheck and he is going to be beat by Seabrook...so he goes behind him and bear hugs him from behind and rides him to and against the boards. First...seabrook didnt hit him...and i dont think he expected someone to cuddle him without buying him dinner first. I didnt see the near elbow nor seabroks shoulders extend nor direct to murray. did something happen before that? was there a pushoff with the elbow when they sperated? (edit-just saw another angle and there is no push off and Seabrook actually exits the hold by spinning the opposite way of traffic/expected)
could you even get a head injury from a guy just stationary and pushing you? (i never saw a push off)

and btw...Seabrook is firing the puck around the board while Murray is holding him...that is why Seabrooks left arm comes up and his right arm is down. thats what happens when you shoot right handed. Make a motion like you are right handed and shooting the puck around the boards while being compressed by a girl stalker who has a cuddle addiction. thats what it looks like. There is not real contact there. Every movment of Seabrooks is to get and then fire the puck around the boards while being cuddled/humped. there is nothing more.

my assumption is arm pinned into boards when seabrook twisted to ring the puck around the boards.
really...VERY CONFUSED. i have no fn idea how somebody gets hurt from that.

i thought maybe i missed a high stick as Murray skated away but there is basically no activity around murray after the cuddle/netflix and chill.

I hope he gets better soon. hopefully not some weird break.

(edit: nevermind...hockey news reports it is arm injury from pinning awkwardly into boards)
that kid needs new karma or something.
hope hes back soon

Last edited by oilinblood: 10-22-2016 at 10:07 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 01:32 PM
ndd17
Fire John Madden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedrich View Post
does anyone have a video of the hit? I was watching the chicago feed and completely missed it.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 03:41 PM
pete goegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
Arm pinned to the board or left elbow to the face? Doesn't look intentional to me, he's moving the puck along the wall and come around with the arm.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 04:52 PM
Tulipunaruusu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I hope he gets better soon. hopefully not some weird break.

(edit: nevermind...hockey news reports it is arm injury from pinning awkwardly into boards)
that kid needs new karma or something.
hope hes back soon
Ice girls don't get hurt.

Tulipunaruusu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2016, 12:00 AM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp24 View Post
I also want to say he's not injury prone because it's always a different part of his body

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2016, 07:36 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2011 View Post
I also want to say he's not injury prone because it's always a different part of his body
That is MY definition of injury prone. Injury prone means you are always getting hurt. It doesn't matter if it is the same body part.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2016, 09:42 AM
CalBuckeyeRob

I differentiate injuries that are pretty typical and based on conditioning--knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders, etc. Some guys always seem to tweak or twist something and when they do, they miss extensive time. That is different than someone that gets a puck to the head or injured in a rogue badger attack. That is just wrong place, wrong time.

CalBuckeyeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2016, 11:23 AM
RDriesenUD

I don't. It is injury prone or prone to injuries. If you are always getting hurt, you are prone to injuries. People are made differently. It isn't his fault. It is what it is.

Old
10-23-2016, 07:53 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I don't. It is injury prone or prone to injuries. If you are always getting hurt, you are prone to injuries. People are made differently. It isn't his fault. It is what it is.
but stuff like that is found out in medical tests. Like degenerative disk disease and Osgood Slaughter and other bone stuff that if you are actually prone to injury it will be known. I have had 3 surgeries due to major injuries and 2 of them were freak injuries and another was a weird one... but the weird one I was actually prone to because genetics and the other 2 just happened really awkwardly. So I would say your definition works but a team would know if a player is prone to injury fairly early in a career whether it be from recurring on the the part or a basic physical and medical history.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2016, 10:52 PM
RDriesenUD

I agree. I am just saying, when a player is always getting hurt, they are prone to injuries or don't fight through them (don't have a high pain tolerance) like other players can. BTW, I am in no way saying Ryan is like that.

Old
10-24-2016, 11:59 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

lighten up on Murray.. hockey players are pretty tough - and generally if it can be taped and put back together the staff will do that. His knee and shoulder - those can be career ending. I want to see this guy play at his best over a number of years - we haven't really gotten to see that yet.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 12:11 PM
CBJfan4evr

Any word on whether he got concussed or did he get his arm/shoulder pinned up against the boards?

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote