HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Afinogenov-Connolly-Gaustad Line

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Kruschiki

vCash: 500
Afinogenov-Connolly-Gaustad Line

I finally was able to watch the Montral/Sabres game from Saturday, and I have to say that this line really impressed me. Not only did Connolly look like the play-maker that everyone anticipated, but Afinogenov was paasing and Gaustad was mucking it up in front of the net.

I love this line.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
ajsonor

I also liked the line, they were by far the best on the ice against the Habs. Right now I'm torn between my desire to get Grier away from Drury and seeing Gaustad get increased time.

I had suggested on another post the idea of having Grier move onto the Connolly-Afinogenov line to add some grit, defensive responsability, and strength on the boards. Gaustad provided all that for the line during the Montreal game, but I like keeping his game on the 4th line and the PK for now.

The background effect is the opportunity to get someone like Kotalik who'll shoot the puck on a line with Drury and Hecht to help generate some more offense on that line. I think that Jochen was best suited for cycling the puck and assists and with Greir there was no finisher. I think the team has some confidence in Kotalik and that those guys might look for him as a finisher on the line as opposed to 3 guys mucking it up with Hecht-Drudy-Grier.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Am I the only one who thinks Connolly and Max should be put on different lines?

Max's alleged statement on him not liking to play with Timmah aside, I think Kotalik or Gaustad on their line have to be going insane out there, with those two hogging the puck half the time.

Old
11-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Am I the only one who thinks Connolly and Max should be put on different lines?

Max's alleged statement on him not liking to play with Timmah aside, I think Kotalik or Gaustad on their line have to be going insane out there, with those two hogging the puck half the time.
Hmmm... I thought that they complimented each other quite well in Montreal, and passed the puck around quite efficiently.

Old
11-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Hmmm... I thought that they complimented each other quite well in Montreal, and passed the puck around quite efficiently.

Same here. It seemed like Max is over his no-pass-itus in the last few games in particular.

11-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Eh.... My bad. Just saw the game (had to download it lol)... They did play well together.

Closed Thread