HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anson carter

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 10:38 PM
filthy#20

vCash: 500
anson carter

what is the matter with him. since he has been to new york, he has struggled to get a sniff of scoring some goals.

what is going on

Old
10-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy#20
what is the matter with him. since he has been to new york, he has struggled to get a sniff of scoring some goals.

what is going on
He's not "built for the eastern conference" as many have claimed. He IS NOT that physical and doesn't use his size effectively. He has a great shot and decent skating. Don't expect too much. He's one of 23 Rangers not getting the job done. Maybe it's time to buy out some of these bums. Lindros to name one.

Old
10-12-2003, 08:45 AM
_P_

Send a message via AIM to _P_
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy#20

what is going on

your right he hasnt dont anything let alone score goals
geez i dont even rememebr saying "wow that was a good play"

hes just hanging out on the ice

Old
10-12-2003, 08:46 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Only been 2 games boys, 2 games.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:19 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Only been 2 games boys, 2 games.
actually, its been 13 games.

Old
10-12-2003, 10:05 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
actually, its been 13 games.
I'm not going to use 11 games at the end of last season to judge a player. *cough*Rucinsky*cough*

Old
10-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Barnaby

Carter has played what? 40 games in a Ranger jersey including pre-season? I never once remember thinking at the end of a game that Carter played really well. I hate to say it but this guy has made almost no impact on this team. I know hes a good player, but he hasnt shown it yet. At this point if he netted 25 goals I'd be very happy. I'm not saying run out and deal him, but I would listen to any offers that I received.

Old
10-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Bure9*

The guy is overrated. He isn't exceptional in any area of his game. If Lindros does turn it on, though, I think you will see both Rucinsky and Carter's numbers inflate beyond the expected.

Old
10-12-2003, 10:36 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Carter has played what? 40 games in a Ranger jersey including pre-season? I never once remember thinking at the end of a game that Carter played really well. I hate to say it but this guy has made almost no impact on this team. I know hes a good player, but he hasnt shown it yet. At this point if he netted 25 goals I'd be very happy. I'm not saying run out and deal him, but I would listen to any offers that I received.
40?

Old
10-12-2003, 12:49 PM
rangers

Quote:
40?
More like 20 I would say...

Old
10-12-2003, 01:11 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
More like 20 I would say...
17 with preseason but I don't understand how he can look at preseason in two different ways. He wants Tjutin up here because he said he proved himself in preseason, well I recall him being terrible and disapointing in all but 2 of his games at the same time he says the Rangers are getting worse but of course he doesn't look at preseason when he says that. It's unfair to use the 11 games he played here last year as basis because he was still getting comfortable with the team and didn't even have a set line.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
17 with preseason but I don't understand how he can look at preseason in two different ways. He wants Tjutin up here because he said he proved himself in preseason, well I recall him being terrible and disapointing in all but 2 of his games at the same time he says the Rangers are getting worse but of course he doesn't look at preseason when he says that. It's unfair to use the 11 games he played here last year as basis because he was still getting comfortable with the team and didn't even have a set line.
Tyutin proved that he can keep up with the game. I'm, not saying he'll step in and be exceptional but hes better then what we have in Dale and Bouchard so why not give him a shot. He may be very solid and be a top 4 d-man for us or he may look a little raw, in which case you send him back when Leetch returns. Maybe he can give our aging blue-line a little spark.

As far as Carter, I said he could score 25 and I'd be very happy with that. Hes a good player, but not a great player. All I'm saying is that we over-hyped him. He's not a difference maker and hes not good enough to jump-start that line by himself. He is good enough to play decent defense and score some goals.

As far as the Rangers getting worse. Do they look better to you? I know its obviously early and I understand that, but to say that this isn't cause for concern is being naive. They didnt lose 3-2 and 2-1, they got blown out by two teams who will be in the bottom 1/3 of scoring in the league.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:56 PM
fuhr

Guys,i know you don't like my take on Dunham and that's fine but as far as Carter goes he's a good second liner at times and he'd be a great third liner.If given first line minutes he'll do 20-28 but no more which he proved here and in Boston.I was really excited with the Oil getting Carter but after a season and a half i just came to accept the fact that he doesn't have the desire to be one of "the go to guys"on a team.Some people in the league have the misconception that he's a power forward and i'm sure you've all noticed that he's not one to get physically involved.Most of his goals are scored from in front and the odd slapper but he doesn't have the talent to create stuff on his own.He's very streaky and when he's not scoring he just doesn't bring much to the table.All i'm saying is don't expect too much from the guy because you won't get it.The Oiler fans were disappointed when he was traded because they were in the middle of a playoff race and we traded Niinnama to the Isles on the same day and didn't get a ton of talent to improve our team on that day.Not to many people were angry with him going it was more the situation and timing of the trade.To me,Dvorak is better suited to the Oiler style but he's no better then Carter but he has way more upside as an Oiler and i think that's why the Oilers made the deal.I hope Anson has a huge year but don't count on it.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:00 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Tyutin proved that he can keep up with the game. I'm, not saying he'll step in and be exceptional but hes better then what we have in Dale and Bouchard so why not give him a shot. He may be very solid and be a top 4 d-man for us or he may look a little raw, in which case you send him back when Leetch returns. Maybe he can give our aging blue-line a little spark.

As far as Carter, I said he could score 25 and I'd be very happy with that. Hes a good player, but not a great player. All I'm saying is that we over-hyped him. He's not a difference maker and hes not good enough to jump-start that line by himself. He is good enough to play decent defense and score some goals.

As far as the Rangers getting worse. Do they look better to you? I know its obviously early and I understand that, but to say that this isn't cause for concern is being naive. They didnt lose 3-2 and 2-1, they got blown out by two teams who will be in the bottom 1/3 of scoring in the league.
I didn't say they looked better my only point was you can't use preseason for judging Carter then not use it for judging the team or someone else.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Fletch

Carter not built for Eastern Conference?

as if it's easy playing against Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, the Canucks, et al. Yeah, Foote, Hacher, Jovo, Pronger, etc. aren't too physical.

Carter played pretty well with Boston. I don't think the Conference is his problem; perhaps it's his streaky nature, in addition to confidence.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
I didn't say they looked better my only point was you can't use preseason for judging Carter then not use it for judging the team or someone else.
I'm not using it entirely to judge Carter.... just look at the rest of his career and recent performance.

Tyutin may be ready or he may not, won't know til we call him up. Pre-season comes far from answering all questions, but it also shouldn't be completetly disregarded.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:19 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Wether or not we should subject Tjutin to the horrors of life under Sather is a different question. However, if 2 defensemen should take a rest, shouldn't it be the Russian twins? You can't tell me that they have actually been better than either Dale or Bouchard. To me, NO ONE stood out on the defense (LOVED to see de Vries do his best Poti imatation and watch as the Columbus players whacked at loose pucks), but Malacough and Krispy have simply been ATROCIOUS. And once again, they seem not to care not one iota.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:13 AM
_P_

to me this is what is troubling about carter

he played like crap with us last year :mad:

he played great in the worlds

hes playing like crap so far this year

anyone have a answer?

Old
10-13-2003, 10:39 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
to me this is what is troubling about carter

he played like crap with us last year :mad:

he played great in the worlds

hes playing like crap so far this year

anyone have a answer?
The entire team played like crap when he got here last year. The entire team is playing like crap so far this year. Oh and he's very streaky.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:08 AM
_P_

Quote:
The entire team played like crap when he got here last year. The entire team is playing like crap so far this year. Oh and he's very streaky.
i cant accept that....not at this level
besisdes at the end of last year the entire team did NOT play like crap we made it interesting at the end ...if he stepped up maybe we would made it...he did nothing....while the team was playing much better and clawing for the last spot ...NO HELP

and even if that was the case...
because the whole team sucks it doesnt matter?

that is a big problem and i cant accept that either

seems to me that some of the players are hiding being the new team first talk..what did bobo say "the team didnt play well as a 5 man unit"....well maybe that cause he (bobo) sucked....

Old
10-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
at the end of last year the entire team did NOT play like crap we made it interesting at the end ...
No, Boston and the Isles made it interesting with play equally if not more horriffic than ours. I'm sorry dude, but the Pittsburgh and Florida games were arguably the worst Ranger performances in decades and that team looked remarkably the same as it does today.

True Blue gave a brilliant assessment in the CLS game thread. Either Sather/Renney's game plan is absolutely in-executable, or Sather has chosen the worst possible group of players to try and execute it. If you look at the production of guys like Carter and Kovie pre and post trade, you'd have to say it's the later.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:03 PM
_P_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
No, Boston and the Isles made it interesting with play equally if not more horriffic than ours.

wrong the team was aided by that but if your guna tell me they didnt play better down the stretch than you missed some games

Quote:
I'm sorry dude, but the Pittsburgh and Florida games were arguably the worst Ranger performances in decades and that team looked remarkably the same as it does today.
those 2 games yes

Quote:
True Blue gave a brilliant assessment in the CLS game thread. Either Sather/Renney's game plan is absolutely in-executable, or Sather has chosen the worst possible group of players to try and execute it. If you look at the production of guys like Carter and Kovie pre and post trade, you'd have to say it's the later.
ok so carter gets a free pass....just coast out there boys

Old
10-13-2003, 01:32 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
wrong the team was aided by that but if your guna tell me they didnt play better down the stretch than you missed some games
In addition to those teams Rangers choked against Atlanta, Montreal, New Jersey and Ottawa.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Wether or not we should subject Tjutin to the horrors of life under Sather is a different question. However, if 2 defensemen should take a rest, shouldn't it be the Russian twins? You can't tell me that they have actually been better than either Dale or Bouchard. To me, NO ONE stood out on the defense (LOVED to see de Vries do his best Poti imatation and watch as the Columbus players whacked at loose pucks), but Malacough and Krispy have simply been ATROCIOUS. And once again, they seem not to care not one iota.
Exactly. We're here arguing over 5th and 6th defensemen when we should be trying to find ways to improve our second pair. Tjutin will fail if he's expected to replace Purinton or Bouchard. Instead, let's give him the minutes he needs to suceed. Poti and de Vries haven't looked very good together, so why not do this

Poti/Mironov or Kaspar or Bouchard (you pick him, I don't care)
Tjutin/de Vries (played well together in pre-season
Purinton/Malakhov (both played their best hockey together last season).

Might as well shake things up.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:53 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Yup I can agree with that, when he played for the Oilers he was never considered a clutch goal scorer but when he's hot hes hot sometimes he'll score 3 goals in a 7-0 blowout which kinda pees me off, but he will help u win a game but will never carry the team like some players can.

Closed Thread