HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wideman up; Sejna down

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
KILLger

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Wideman up; Sejna down

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

Good news for my keeper's.

Think Wideman might stick?

Old
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
1. EDIT - now announced on the Blues website.
2. Sejna comes up, plays a game, scores a goal, gets benched the 2nd game, then gets sent back to Peoria.
3. No, Wideman won't stick. He'll play a few games then get shuttled back down for some unknown reason even though he's a right-handed shot and we could use that on the blueline.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 11-08-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Guy Legend

Apparently getting 2 points in 2 games isn't good enough to play on the 2005-2005 St. Louis Blues.

Old
11-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
1. I haven't found anything else to back this up (yet). Assuming it's true (and I have no reason to suspect it's not),
2. Sejna comes up, plays a game, scores a goal, gets benched the 2nd game, then gets sent back to Peoria.
3. No, Wideman won't stick. He'll play a few games then get shuttled back down for some unknown reason even though he's a right-handed shot and we could use that on the blueline.
He is the PP quarterback for Rivermen. However, I don't think Sejna needs to be send down.

Old
11-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
He is the PP quarterback for Rivermen. However, I don't think Sejna needs to be send down.
I know he QB's the PP at Peoria - he's also one of 2 right-handed shots we have on defense (the other is that offensive juggernaut Matt Walker).

But Sejna ..... I really don't understand.

Old
11-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:

Skilled guys like Sejna have no place on this team. It's obvious by now that we need more grinders.

Oh to have a team filled with Rycrofts and Johnsons......

Old
11-08-2005, 06:59 PM
purple_heart

Can someone help me to remember, is Wideman related to Pleau or Kitchen????

Let's see, they bring up a guy with 5 points and the ONLY guy on the Riverman who is a minus in the plus/minus.....

Yep, my thoughts on Pleau and Kitchen continue to be confirmed.

Old
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
I know he QB's the PP at Peoria - he's also one of 2 right-handed shots we have on defense (the other is that offensive juggernaut Matt Walker).

I honestly can say I have no idea of how Sejna has played. He is a +2 on the team, which for this team is great. But I didn't see him play.

Wideman coming up due to a possible trade.... no idea.

Old
11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
The Plagers

I'm assuming these are the only types of moves you will see the Blues make this season,or at least until the club changes hands.

If Pleau knows there is no way he can make a deal for sometime,where are all these rumors coming from?Why would he waste the time of other GMs?

Old
11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
lemieux32*

Sejna has not shown his college scoring touch in either the AHL or the NHL so far. All the experts I hear talk about him think he is not going to be an NHL scorer.

Old
11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Sejna has not shown his college scoring touch in either the AHL or the NHL so far. All the experts I hear talk about him think he is not going to be an NHL scorer.
Out of pure curiosity - do these experts also have our farm system ranked as one of the worst (if not the worst) in the NHL? I'm not saying Sejna is going to be a 35-goal scorer, but he's starting to get untracked in the AHL this year; it would be nice to get an idea of whether he's even going to be a 20-goal guy in the big show.

Old
11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_heart
Can someone help me to remember, is Wideman related to Pleau or Kitchen????

Let's see, they bring up a guy with 5 points and the ONLY guy on the Riverman who is a minus in the plus/minus.....

Yep, my thoughts on Pleau and Kitchen continue to be confirmed.
It might have to do with the fact that he finished third in team scoring for Worcester last year. I don't know... I know he's got a GREAT shot + he might help score more goals on the PP.

To make it "official": http://www.stlouisblues.com/news/0506/051108.html

Old
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Out of pure curiosity - do these experts also have our farm system ranked as one of the worst (if not the worst) in the NHL? I'm not saying Sejna is going to be a 35-goal scorer, but he's starting to get untracked in the AHL this year; it would be nice to get an idea of whether he's even going to be a 20-goal guy in the big show.
IB I think that you are wrong on this one. I seriously believe that the so-called bust from Colorado College. (These experts are not the brightest, look at how they raked our farm.) I believe that Sejna will be a 30+ gaol scorer. It will take Kitch giving him than a 1 game at a time chance, between call-ups.

But as previously mentioned, the players like Rycroft/johnson/Mayers are more important to have than a scorer in a scorers' friendly NHL.

Old
11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
But as previously mentioned, the players like Rycroft/johnson/Mayers are more important to have than a scorer in a scorers' friendly NHL.
Except.....that...Mayers is our top goal scorer.

Old
11-09-2005, 05:26 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
IB I think that you are wrong on this one. I seriously believe that the so-called bust from Colorado College. (These experts are not the brightest, look at how they raked our farm.) I believe that Sejna will be a 30+ gaol scorer. It will take Kitch giving him than a 1 game at a time chance, between call-ups.
I think he can be at least a decent scorer (at least as productive as Cory Stillman), we're just never going to see it if we call him up, play him once, sit him for a game, then send him back.

Old
11-09-2005, 06:47 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Minor point but we actually ahve 3 Right handed shots in the System: Wideman, Walker and Andy Roach(who does have decent offensive ability, he couldn't find the D zone if you drew him a map but he does have decent Offensive tools).

As for Sejna; part of his being sent down might be Bogi coming back. You can only afford to have so many forwards with defensive limitations and Bogi has experience on Sejna. It would have been nice to see if Sejna and Bogi could click together because that might be a fun duo to watch. Put them with a playmaker(Dougie or Cajanek) and you might get a legit 2nd line on the team.

Old
11-09-2005, 06:49 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
Except.....that...Mayers is our top goal scorer.
*Chill runs down spine*

Please don't ever remind us that fact again.

Old
11-09-2005, 08:12 AM
lemieux32*

Quote:
No they don't since the people I am talking about do not do rankngs of farm systems. The guy scored 17 and 12 goals in the AHL. He has four goals in 21 games in the NHL. He is soft and not that great of a skater. I might get excited and say he needs a chance in the NHL when he scores 30 in the AHL or is on pace to, until then I believe, just like TSN that at best he is a third line winger in the NHL.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
No they don't since the people I am talking about do not do rankngs of farm systems. The guy scored 17 and 12 goals in the AHL. He has four goals in 21 games in the NHL. He is soft and not that great of a skater. I might get excited and say he needs a chance in the NHL when he scores 30 in the AHL or is on pace to, until then I believe, just like TSN that at best he is a third line winger in the NHL.
He is on pace to do that this year. But I haven't seen him play in the NHL since the last season, so I have no idea of how he looked.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:33 AM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
He is on pace to do that this year. But I haven't seen him play in the NHL since the last season, so I have no idea of how he looked.
After two games there were guys on pace to score 100+ goals.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:45 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
*Chill runs down spine*

Please don't ever remind us that fact again.
I second that notion, it should outlaw for reminding any Blues fan of that fact!!

Old
11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Minor point but we actually ahve 3 Right handed shots in the System: Wideman, Walker and Andy Roach(who does have decent offensive ability, he couldn't find the D zone if you drew him a map but he does have decent Offensive tools).

As for Sejna; part of his being sent down might be Bogi coming back. You can only afford to have so many forwards with defensive limitations and Bogi has experience on Sejna. It would have been nice to see if Sejna and Bogi could click together because that might be a fun duo to watch. Put them with a playmaker(Dougie or Cajanek) and you might get a legit 2nd line on the team.
Sejna-Cajenek-Bogi
Now that would be intriguing line to watch and see if chemistry would set in. Only if Kitch would allow them the game time to develop that chemistry.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Sejna-Cajenek-Bogi
Now that would be intriguing line to watch and see if chemistry would set in. Only if Kitch would allow them the game time to develop that chemistry.

Kind of on the samll side, but they would be fast and creative to say the least. They might be one of those "to slick to contain" lines that can surivive the lack of size. Still, I think Weight would be the better fit for those two. He isn't really big but he's gritty enough that he can take care of 2 smallish wingers.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
trublu16

Quote:
After two games there were guys on pace to score 100+ goals.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/statdi...pe=top_scorers

Apparently, you are misinformed. Or you choose not to look up his stats for jus this season in the AHL.

10(GP) 9(G) 7(A) 16(PTS) - that is jus this season, isn't that a 1.6 ppg.

not sure how many games the Riverman play, but if the play 30 more games he is definitely on pace to get the 30+ goals in the AHL. Then maybe by the experts opinion, he could crack the possible 2nd line player status. Lets get real people, this guy is a solid 2nd line player by any teams standard. He is just taking a little longer than people expected him to pick the next level of hockey. Now he has, and it is time to get him on the NHL club.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Irish Blues

I got his point, trublu - he was pointing out that there were guys that had scored 3 goals in 2 games, theoretically putting them on pace to score 120 goals for the season.

And yes - if Sejna can keep scoring at a goal-a-game pace, he'd have 30 in 35 games. The question is whether or not he'll do that. We won't know for another 30 games.

Closed Thread