HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Wideman up; Sejna down

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
lemieux32*

vCash: 500
Trublu- I thought you meant his stats with the Blues. Sorry. He has had a good start in the AHL and if he keeps it up then I will elevate his status in my mind, but until then he is just an ok pro scorer who is soft and doesn't skate that great. I saw a post on the stltoday forum and looked up his stats and Widemans and it really shows what I am saying. Wideman, a defenseman has almost exactly the same stats for one season.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Grrrrr...Pleau just wants this team to tank completely now, I'm convinced of it.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:57 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Minor point but we actually ahve 3 Right handed shots in the System: Wideman, Walker and Andy Roach(who does have decent offensive ability, he couldn't find the D zone if you drew him a map but he does have decent Offensive tools).

As for Sejna; part of his being sent down might be Bogi coming back. You can only afford to have so many forwards with defensive limitations and Bogi has experience on Sejna. It would have been nice to see if Sejna and Bogi could click together because that might be a fun duo to watch. Put them with a playmaker(Dougie or Cajanek) and you might get a legit 2nd line on the team.
So Stempniak has looked that much better than Sejna that he's earned a spot even with Boguniecki coming back?

p.s. someone else wrote that there might be waiver concerns about keeping Sejna up for too many games, in case they have to send him down at a later date. is there any truth to that?

Old
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
So Stempniak has looked that much better than Sejna that he's earned a spot even with Boguniecki coming back?

p.s. someone else wrote that there might be waiver concerns about keeping Sejna up for too many games, in case they have to send him down at a later date. is there any truth to that?
I've never understood waivers in the NHL completely - someone else will have to cover that. (And then explain it so I can finally understand it.)

Old
11-09-2005, 02:14 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
1. EDIT - now announced on the Blues website.
2. Sejna comes up, plays a game, scores a goal, gets benched the 2nd game, then gets sent back to Peoria.
3. No, Wideman won't stick. He'll play a few games then get shuttled back down for some unknown reason even though he's a right-handed shot and we could use that on the blueline.
The goal he got was a fluke. He didnt show enough to warrent staying here. I know this team needs to score but he didnt act like he was going to light it up

Old
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
The goal he got was a fluke. He didnt show enough to warrent staying here. I know this team needs to score but he didnt act like he was going to light it up

If they would have actually played him while he was up , i might agree with you. They basically stuck hm on the 4th line. And i think he had a combined 2 late shifts on the PP. Yet he got a goal and assist. Then was scratched for the 3rd game. I dont care if the goal was luck. Maybe that is what this team needs right now. We watched him the whole time he was out there in the 2nd game, and the puck never really even came around him, for him to screw it up. He had no chance.

Old
11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
If they would have actually played him while he was up , i might agree with you. They basically stuck hm on the 4th line. And i think he had a combined 2 late shifts on the PP. Yet he got a goal and assist. Then was scratched for the 3rd game. I dont care if the goal was luck. Maybe that is what this team needs right now. We watched him the whole time he was out there in the 2nd game, and the puck never really even came around him, for him to screw it up. He had no chance.
I respectfully disagree, he wasnt active enough in any area while he was up to me. I know that we as fans are desperate for any goal scoring help. I am as well but we may have to face the fact that there isnt anything in the cupboard with regards to that right now.

Maybe Senja went undrafted out of college for a reason in spite of his accomplshments there. Maybe he isnt going to be a good pro scorer.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:10 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Maybe Senja went undrafted out of college for a reason in spite of his accomplshments there. Maybe he isnt going to be a good pro scorer.
Hey wait a second, didn't not get drafted due to something quirky , that had to do with his status with the college(academically). Not sure but I thought so.

To give a player, a shot in the NHL you have to give them more than 2 games. Especially on a team that has lost 9 straight games.

Old
11-10-2005, 09:12 AM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
Hey wait a second, didn't not get drafted due to something quirky , that had to do with his status with the college(academically). Not sure but I thought so.

To give a player, a shot in the NHL you have to give them more than 2 games. Especially on a team that has lost 9 straight games.
He has played 23 games in the NHL and has four goals including the fluke from the other night. He's played 123 games in the AHL and scored 29 goals. Perhaps he can prove us wrong but the guy does not look like someone who will become a scorer at the NHL level or even at the AHL level.

Old
11-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Irish Blues

New report:

Sanford called up, Woywitka sent down, Divis placed on waivers.

I'm looking for something official right now.

Old
11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
New report:

Sanford called up, Woywitka sent down, Divis placed on waivers.

I'm looking for something official right now.
I guess his 2 saves on 2 shots were unimpressive. Maybe this will be looked as a way to get Sanford some time against the bigs and give Cash the majority of starts with the better team.

Old
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_heart
Can someone help me to remember, is Wideman related to Pleau or Kitchen????

Let's see, they bring up a guy with 5 points and the ONLY guy on the Riverman who is a minus in the plus/minus.....

Yep, my thoughts on Pleau and Kitchen continue to be confirmed.

Funny to bring back this thread me thinks.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:01 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Zigomanis sent down....he cleared waivers yet? I wouldn't be surprise if the Canes put a claim in.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminator16
Zigomanis sent down....he cleared waivers yet? I wouldn't be surprise if the Canes put a claim in.
Does he have to clear waivers. I am not saying you are wrong I just get confused with this whole process. I dont see why they would risk loosing him if he had to clear waivers to be sent down.

Old
02-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Does he have to clear waivers. I am not saying you are wrong I just get confused with this whole process. I dont see why they would risk loosing him if he had to clear waivers to be sent down.
Zigomanis did not have to clear waivers as far as I know.

02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Zigomanis did not have to clear waivers as far as I know.
My mistake.

Closed Thread