HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

You Center Ice subscribers. What teams other then the Rangers...

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 04:22 AM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
You Center Ice subscribers. What teams other then the Rangers...

Bored and can't wait for the season to start. SO I wanna know...what teams, other then of course the one we root for, are you all looking foward to seeing this coming NHL season?

I gotta say the Avs obviously as their high powered offense will be a sight to behold. I'm also interested in the Oilers because of the speed game they play. In the east I suppose I'll be watching some Senators games as they have some players in Havlat, Hossa, Spezza etc. to watch. Also the lightning could be fun to watch with some of the speed and skills they have.

Damn, Wednesday is gonna be good. Start of the NHL season and Yanks/Bosox game one. One of the two best times of the year to be a sports fan.

Old
10-07-2003, 04:35 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Florida actually. Lots of exciting young talent to watch.

I usually go with the night's best matchup on Center Ice rather than a specific team. I'm not going to order until January this year since I've got to move in December though. :mad:

Old
10-07-2003, 04:58 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Oilers - York and Dvorak
Preds - Kloucek (out 1-2 weeks knee sprain) and Zidlicky

Old
10-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Florida actually.
If Putty is still there, it's really a can't miss team, no matter who they play..

Old
10-07-2003, 05:10 AM
True Blue

Don't have CenterIce, however I try to catch a 'Nuck game whenever they are on. Or L.A. IF the Kings can keep their players healthy, they are a fun team to watch.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:18 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Oilers, Atlanta, Nashville, and Dallas (g/f makes me! :p )

Old
10-07-2003, 05:52 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Florida actually. Lots of exciting young talent to watch.

I usually go with the night's best matchup on Center Ice rather than a specific team. I'm not going to order until January this year since I've got to move in December though. :mad:

Amen Melrose I was taking a look at their team and I tell you what, if they can keep that group together for 2 or 3 years watch out they are going to be frigging scary. Unfortunantly I won't be watching any panthers games at all this year (unless on epsn2) because I get Tampa and Florida games blackedout. I do get to see Tampa games on occasion over on Sunshine network but oh well.

As far as other teams are concerned last year I watched alot of wings games, this year I'll probably be watching alot of Columbus, that Nash kid is a friggin nightmare man, wow that kid is going to be something else. But like you melrose I usually just watch the best matchup.

For those of you thinking about center ice, I only have one piece of advice, make sure you don't have alot to do, becaues having to choose between 5-8 games a day is pretty insane.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I've rooted for Ottawa since they got rid of Yashin a few years ago. I loved them before, but couldn't stand it when they had him on the team. It litterally made them unwatchable! :p

Old
10-07-2003, 06:35 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown

For those of you thinking about center ice, I only have one piece of advice, make sure you don't have alot to do, becaues having to choose between 5-8 games a day is pretty insane.
Are all games available each night or do you have to choose 1? I think I'm going to get it but only if you can flip between games.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:09 AM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
Are all games available each night or do you have to choose 1? I think I'm going to get it but only if you can flip between games.
You can flip through different games. Centre Ice has 10 channels to watch hockey. On Saturdays, usually all the channels have games on.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:13 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
You can flip through different games. Centre Ice has 10 channels to watch hockey. On Saturdays, usually all the channels have games on.

sounds good, thanks

Old
10-07-2003, 08:19 AM
ihatenewjersey

oilers,atlanta,ducks,avs

Old
10-07-2003, 08:28 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train

If you're on Long Island you might want to find out what teams are blacked out first.......
Fellas which games do you have blacked out if you're living in Manhattan or over on Long Island?

Old
10-07-2003, 08:37 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

What's this you say???

Kloucek hurt again, can't be.

It's sad what this kid is going through. I was one of the guys that wanted to keep him but an injury problem is an injury problem and he's been plagued since the knee thing.

That sucks for him.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Well, I love the Avalanche, Oilers, Ducks and Canucks. I always try and catch their games.

I'm also a prospect nut, so I'll be trying to watch any games I can to catch a look at some of the rookies this year (Chicago-Ruutu, Carolina-Staal, Pittsburgh-Fleury, Florida-Horton, etc.)

First and foremost though, I'm a hockey fan and I try and watch EVERY game. I'm constantly flipping the channels and watching each game at once. Last season I hooked up two TV's in the same room so I could watch two games at a time. That was a lot of fun.

I also recommend taping 3-4 games a week and saving them for the summer when there's no hockey. Nothing like watching some awesome games in the summer

Old
10-07-2003, 09:41 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru

I also recommend taping 3-4 games a week and saving them for the summer when there's no hockey. Nothing like watching some awesome games in the summer

Oooh good idea gonna have to do that, I'll tape some rangers games that way I realize "hey I don't miss hockey , the team I like sucks!"

Old
10-07-2003, 09:58 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
If you're on Long Island you might want to find out what teams are blacked out first.......
Fellas which games do you have blacked out if you're living in Manhattan or over on Long Island?
I'll check it out but any blacked out local games I should get on MSG & FSNY

Old
10-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
i want to order centre ice soo bad, but cablevison IO doesnt offer it in Connecticut

Luckly i still get All Rangers,Isles,and Devils games.

Old
10-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
First and foremost though, I'm a hockey fan and I try and watch EVERY game. I'm constantly flipping the channels and watching each game at once. Last season I hooked up two TV's in the same room so I could watch two games at a time. That was a lot of fun.
That's why you need a tv with split screens. I can watch 4 games at once. When the Rags are on, they get the big main part of the TV. Then I fit three other games into the corners so I don't cover up the time or anything. So fun... So fun...

Old
10-07-2003, 12:40 PM
JCProdigy

Forgot about the Panthers and the Kings too. If healthy that should be a fun team to watch...with Czechmanek flopping around on the ice and all.

-Melrose, can't you just get your Center Ice package transferred to you're new address taking for granted that you'd have the same cable service?

-One other question. This is my first year with Center Ice and I wanted to know how they go about choosing what team's broadcast (announcers ie MSG, NESN etc.) they decide to show for each game. I thought it was who ever the home team was but when they activated my service I was lucky enough to get the last couple weeks of the baseball season and while watching the Yanks they had the YES network on for all the games no matter if they where at home or away. Just wanna see how much of Sam and JD I get to listen to this year.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:41 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
What's this you say???

Kloucek hurt again, can't be.

It's sad what this kid is going through. I was one of the guys that wanted to keep him but an injury problem is an injury problem and he's been plagued since the knee thing.

That sucks for him.
only for a week, and the way the guy from the blues fell on his leg...it could have been MUCH worse. he had an outstanding camp, and seems really excited to finally be getting a shot in the NHL

Old
10-11-2003, 04:43 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

On Saturday Nights watch any canadian teams directv (cbc) coverage for HNIC !
then sit back and enjoy great commentary and Don Cherry (Grapes) between periods. That guy cracks me up.
If Unsure which team to watch I would default to this

Watch Senators Hockey. they won presidents cup last year. Likely to do it again this year. Marian Hossa is a superstar.

Watch Les Habs when they are at home.

Or catch a western club like Oilers/Canucks Great western action.

special mention to Red Wings hockey, especially in the motor city.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:55 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Other than Rangers, I love to try to watch Canucks, Sens, Sabres, Panthers, Bolts, Avs, and Sharks

Closed Thread