HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/St. Louis Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
pspot

vCash: 500
I always trade for Brewer in EA Sports
and its a great trade

and no one over hypes their own players more then Leafs fans
and I am a Leafs fan so i know

Ken Klee is a PP quarterback and olympic hopefull
while Coliacovo is the next coming of Paul Coffey

Old
11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
richardn

Brewer only makes 2.014 Million as per NHLPA.com

I don't see this trade happening only because they take on payroll instead of cutting it. I think it would be a fair trade for both teams. I would think St. Louis would want some thing more like this though being as they will be looking to rebuild.

To Toronto: Eric Brewer

To St. Louis: Carlo Colaiacovo and Mat Stajan or a 1st round pick.

In which case I would hope JFJ hangs up the phone and tells Quinn to play Carlo as a top 4 dman that he is going to be.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

I think the Blues say no.

Quality over quantity.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
If you propose a trade and it involves the Blues sending picks the other way, it's already DOA. If St. Louis is truly rebuilding like 90% of the people here agree they are (or need to be) doing, then it makes NO sense for the Blues to trade draft picks away.

AFA the idea goes, Tucker adds nothing to the Blues that they'll need going forward. So it's a terrible idea on two fronts, disregarding how much value Brewer may have or what others think about him.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:39 AM
richardn

How about two highlyy touted picks who are both around the same age and are under acheiving.

Straight up Brewer for Antropov

Old
11-09-2005, 11:41 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
How about two highlyy touted picks who are both around the same age and are under acheiving.

Straight up Brewer for Antropov

And again; No.

If you want Brewer start with (Steen or Stajan) +. Otherwise we're perfectly content to keep him

Old
11-09-2005, 11:55 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
You're trying to land a #2 D man for a 3rd liner, a fading D prospect and a mid-level pick and I'm the crazy one?
first of all Brewer is not a legitimate #2. Potentially yes. But he is so inconsistant. He's definately a 3rd or 4th line dman tho.

As for Tucker he's a 3rd liner with potential (with the right linemates ) to be a 2nd liner. He has the talent, Quinn just has chose to use Tucker as a checker in his career rather than a scoring forward. Just look at Tuckers minor league numbers, he put up huge offensive numbers. I'm sure that if you gave him the chance he could be a potential 70+pt scorer (if given the right line mates that is)

Coliacovo stock has fallen but that's just because Toronto has alot of depth when it comes to defense. Give him some time in the big leagues and I'm sure he'll put up better numbers than Brewer, that's for sure.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
MLSE

I don't know if it's a bit of my bias kicking in but I would rather have Steen then Brewer.

Eric Brewer is yet to get over 30 points and has only once been a plus player, he's pretty good, but highly overrated.

Old
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml4life
I don't know if it's a bit of my bias kicking in but I would rather have Steen then Brewer.

Eric Brewer is yet to get over 30 points and has only once been a plus player, he's pretty good, but highly overrated.
I agree

Old
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot
Ken Klee is a PP quarterback and olympic hopefull
What's funny is Ken Klee is an Olympic hopeful for U.S.A, so you just made yourself look stupid.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
MLSE

For The Record

Brewer is a career -40

Old
11-09-2005, 12:19 PM
MLSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
What's funny is Ken Klee is an Olympic hopeful for U.S.A, so you just made yourself look stupid.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
The only wildcard in this deal is Brewer's status as a impending UFA. Otherwise, in contrast to what Leafs fans above say, this badly favors Toronto.

Tucker is an overrated forward - a third liner on most teams. Cola has shown nothing, and is now entering his third season in the AHL. Brewer, for all his ups and downs, was still good enough to be a principal in the a deal to get Chris Pronger.
I'm not a Leafs fan, but will step up and say you are wrong on all counts.
Colaiacovo hasn't shown anything because of the limited opportunities Pat Quinn has afforded him. Darcy Tucker is an average second liner, great 3rd liner. He is a heart and soul guy who does all the little things necessary of his role. Brewer is riding the coat tails of some early career success, but has done very little to maintain deserving that reputation.

Last edited by MacDaddy TLC*: 11-09-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old
11-09-2005, 12:31 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skworch
I'm not a Leafs fan, but will step up and say you are wrong on all counts.
Colaiacovo hasn't shown anything because of the limited opportunities Pat Quinn has afforded him. Darcy Tucker is an average second liner, great 3rd liner. He is a heart and soul guy who does all the little things necessary of his role. Brewer is rifing the coat tails of some early career success, but has done very little to maintain deserving that reputation.

excellent perception!

Old
11-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Brewer only makes 2.014 Million as per NHLPA.com

I don't see this trade happening only because they take on payroll instead of cutting it. I think it would be a fair trade for both teams. I would think St. Louis would want some thing more like this though being as they will be looking to rebuild.

To St. Louis: Carlo Colaiacovo and Mat Stajan or a 1st round pick.

In which case I would hope JFJ hangs up the phone and tells Quinn to play Carlo as a top 4 dman that he is going to be.
That is about right. Not sure Carlo needs to be part of it, but it is more along the lines of what St. Louis would be looking for.

Brewer is only 26. It isn't like he is a grey beard. I really think the Blues will keep most of their Dmen and make a lot of moves at the deadline. Sending guys like Sillinger, Drake, Weinrich and hopefully Weight or KT all to teams making a playoff push for a chance to rebuild completely - al la Washington.

Truth is, we need a game breaking young forward. And we have plenty of Dmen, that are young and therefore have potential to get one.

Something like Jackman for Zherdev. But that wont happen as they are in the same division. But that is what I think our next move will be.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml4life
Brewer is a career -40
Joe Sakic was a -10 in 1996-97 when the Avs were 49-24-9. Does that mean Sakic sucked defensively that year?

+/- is not the end-all, be-all defensive indicator that everyone thinks it is. Mathieu Dandenault is a career +49, and I don't know that you'll have an outpouring of people who'd take Dandenault over Brewer every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:19 PM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Joe Sakic was a -10 in 1996-97 when the Avs were 49-24-9. Does that mean Sakic sucked defensively that year?

+/- is not the end-all, be-all defensive indicator that everyone thinks it is. Mathieu Dandenault is a career +49, and I don't know that you'll have an outpouring of people who'd take Dandenault over Brewer every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

thats 1 year....

Brewers -40 his career he said...

Old
11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
We'd be giving up WAY to much. Brewer so far in his career has been too inconsistant. We'd probably be able to get him for Colaiacovo and a 3rd as he has disappointed far in St Louis, and he makes too much money (2.5 mil I believe)
NO WAY Coliacovo cant make one of the least deep defences in the league. Brewer played for team Canada. He is a top 3 D something the leafs desperately need.

I think the leafs need Tuckers speed and grit after losing guys like Roberts and Nieuwendyk.

Antropov and Coliacovo for Brewer is an even trade for both teams.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Pepper

Without UFA status, Toronto would win the original hands down, Tucker is so overrated and Cola's value is dropping like a stone.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:

To St. Louis: Darcy Tucker, Carlo Colaiacovo and a 3rd round Pick
Good trade if the Blues wanted to get ripped off.

Why the hell would we want Tucker? A 3rd round pick isn't suffecient either.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
thats 1 year....

Brewers -40 his career he said...
See the comment on Dandenault. Also add that Alexander Khavanov is a career +25.

And don't even try "Khavanov is better defensively than Brewer".

Old
11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
NO WAY Coliacovo cant make one of the least deep defences in the league. Brewer played for team Canada. He is a top 3 D something the leafs desperately need.

I think the leafs need Tuckers speed and grit after losing guys like Roberts and Nieuwendyk.

Antropov and Coliacovo for Brewer is an even trade for both teams.

I would agree with that

Old
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
Alright then let's make it Brewer for Robert Nilsson and Trent Hunter while we are talking about prospects showing nothing and overrated forwards.
I don't even know what you are talking about here (and, I suspect, neither do you). Hunter is doing fine as is Nilsson. Nilsson should probably be in the AHL right now, and Hunter is (IMO) probably going to settle down as third line forward. But, those two guys have been bright spots on the Island this year.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Made the playoffs??

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
If the Oilers used Brewer in a package for PRONGER, I'm sure he'll fetch more than an over-achieving 3rd liner and a "potentially" good defenseman. A 3rd round pick has little to no value in a deal like this.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Apparently, Toronto fans arent the only ones that over value their players.

Closed Thread