HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/Calgary Proposal ( Rhett Warranner )

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Dark Knight
18 Wheeler Commander

vCash: 500
Toronto/Calgary Proposal ( Rhett Warranner )

To Toronto - Rhett Warrener, 5th rd pick ( If Jason Allison )

To Calgary - Jason Allison or Darcy Tucker

What do you guys think?

Im new at this so dont flame alot.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Interesting.

I don't think the Flames would have interest in Darcy Tucker considering he wouldn't fill that #1 C void they have, but Jason Allison may be appealing.

I think the Flames would want to see Allison remain healthy for a bit longer before pulling the trigger, but I would also question the Leafs management since Allison only signed here for so cheap because of his Toronto preference.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Resolute

I'm not at all certian why you would propose this trade. What is your reasoning?

Old
11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
ACC1224

you don't trade free agents who specifically wanted to join your team after a dozen games....what does that tell other future free agents about your organization?

Old
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
you don't trade free agents who specifically wanted to join your team after a dozen games....what does that tell other future free agents about your organization?
Exactly, and people are acting as if Allison has played like trash for us. He has the second most points amongst our forwards (O'Neill is first) and hasn't been playing very bad at all. Sure he may be expendable now that we are healthy, but when injuries go down we would be sorry we got rid of him......

Old
11-09-2005, 01:41 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
Exactly, and people are acting as if Allison has played like trash for us. He has the second most points amongst our forwards (O'Neill is first) and hasn't been playing very bad at all. Sure he may be expendable now that we are healthy, but when injuries go down we would be sorry we got rid of him......
Even then that's a stretch. It's funny how a few games in Leafland can change that perception.

A team with the intent of being competitive does not trade Jason Allison because Kyle Wellwood is playing well.

I'm not sure Calgary has interest in a forward that could make as much as 4.5 million this year, has had injury problems in the past, is a UFA to be, and is a slow skater.

I'm also sure that Toronto has no interest in moving Jason Allison right now.

Old
11-09-2005, 01:49 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
To Toronto - Rhett Warrener, 5th rd pick ( If Jason Allison )

To Calgary - Jason Allison or Darcy Tucker

What do you guys think?

Im new at this so dont flame alot.
I like the idea of Warrener, I do however don't think it would be wise or look good to trade Allison unless he asked to be traded.

To Toronto: Rhett Warrener

To Calgary: Nik Antropov or Darcy Tucker

Calgary would be getting more scoring and dropping some payroll and the Leafs would be getting that top 4 Deffensive Dman they are looking for.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute
I'm not at all certian why you would propose this trade. What is your reasoning?
This is starting because the play of Kyle Wellwood has pushed Allison to the wing. He hasn't played wing since his rookie year.

But I agree, when a UFA is signed they're not usually traded 15 games into the season. It looks bad on management. The only way Allison would get traded is a) he asks to be or b) the Leafs are not in a playoff position at the deadline. Both unlikely.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I like the idea of Warrener, I do however don't think it would be wise or look good to trade Allison unless he asked to be traded.

To Toronto: Rhett Warrener

To Calgary: Nik Antropov or Darcy Tucker

Calgary would be getting more scoring and dropping some payroll and the Leafs would be getting that top 4 Deffensive Dman they are looking for.
What's a TML proposal worth without mentioning him.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
bert

Allison for Warrener is a great trade for both teams. Id like to see it happen from a pure hockey standpoint.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:22 PM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
What's a TML proposal worth without mentioning him.

Nik Antropov is not up for trade... and when other teams do want him then you can stop putting him in a proposal...

minor hockey fans don't know anything about his game... before his fatehr died he was our #1 player this year....

Old
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

God I hope Rhett never plays for Toronto.

I don't see the Flames having any interest in Tucker...Allison? Maaybe.
But I don't see why they'd trade a top-4 guy with leadership qualities like Warrener.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:39 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Allison for Warrener is a great trade for both teams. Id like to see it happen from a pure hockey standpoint.
No it isn't. Allison has played roughly 25% of a season of hockey since missing a couple years from a serious injury. He is also a UFA after this season, Warrener is reaching his peak of his prime and is signed for 3 more years after this season. So the Flames get a risky top line player for 75% of the season and than lose him. How does that actually work for the Flames?

Old
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Personally, I don't think the Flames would make this move for Allison either. Allison's on a one year contract. Assuming he stays healthy, and plays well and makes it worthwhile to have moved Warrener for him, then he's UFA and has value again. At which point, the Flames either have to sign him at market value or they just moved a very good player for a one year rental. Plus, Allison's contract is only cheap if he doesn't hit his bonuses, and if he doesn't hit those bonuses this year, then he's definitely not worth trading Warrener for. So it's not even a cheap and productive one year rental at that.

If I were the Flames, I'd pass on both. Maybe if I thought this was Calgary's only shot at a cup, but I don't think of that as being the case.

Old
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
God I hope Rhett never plays for Toronto.

I don't see the Flames having any interest in Tucker...Allison? Maaybe.
But I don't see why they'd trade a top-4 guy with leadership qualities like Warrener.
maybe because warriner is #5 on their depth chart right now, and they are so deep they can easily do without his services. also, they need scoring right now bad...someone to play with iggy. Nobody, nobody can deny that.

I say Warriner for Allison and Ponikorhvhski

Old
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
maybe because warriner is #5 on their depth chart right now, and they are so deep they can easily do without his services. also, they need scoring right now bad...someone to play with iggy. Nobody, nobody can deny that.
Warrener is a defensive defenseman, much better in his own end than Leopold. Now, I'm not a Flames fan, but from what I'm seeing Hamrlik and Phaneuf play the point on the PP pretty decently.
And Leopold has zero points in 17 games.
I just don't see them moving a proven playoff guy like Warrener, especially since they signed him to a new deal this off-season.

I dunno, I might be wrong....Plenty of Calgary fans around to validate or argue my point...

Old
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Yeah especially for the likes of Tucker thats just silly

Allison would need to stay healthy for a while longer plus that in itself would send a real negative message to any UFAS looking at TO

11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
Nik Antropov is not up for trade... and when other teams do want him then you can stop putting him in a proposal...

minor hockey fans don't know anything about his game... before his fatehr died he was our #1 player this year....
Antropov does not solve any need of ours, so Calgary wouldnt want or need him anyway.

I already have a hard enough time accepting Bryan Marchment on this team. I would just as soon stay the hell away from Tucker.

And agreed with the concensus on Allison.

From the Calgary perspective, dealing Warrener puts one of Montador or Marchment back into the lineup permanently. An injury puts us right back into the situation we started the season in, which was an amazingly bad road trip.

I dont think this makes any sense for either team.

Old
11-09-2005, 03:24 PM
ACC1224

Quote:

he was????

Old
11-09-2005, 03:45 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:

No he wasn't.

Antropov's likely not going anywhere because his trade value isnt at a level that gives incentive for the Leafs to move him.

As for Warrener, he's exactly the type of guy the Leafs need, and Id love to have him, but I dont see a fit there based on what Calgary needs and what Toronto can offer.

Old
11-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
I say Warriner for Allison and Ponikorhvhski
At least you got Allison right...

I'd need to see scouting reports on Warriner and Ponikorhvhski, whoever he is.

Old
11-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
How does that actually work for the Flames?
Well for one thing they'd be getting the better player and filling a big need on their team.

As for the Flames not wanting Tucker I don't see why not. I realize fans of other teams don't like him, but just about every GM in the league would find room for Tucker.

Tucker's on pace for 30 goals and 70 points. Calgary's had trouble scoring goals all year. Why couldn't they use a guy like Tucker?

Old
11-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Dark Knight
18 Wheeler Commander

I'd really really hate to see Tucker go He's the heart and soul of Toronto.

He'll be great for Calgary. He's a Sutter type player.

Warranner would fit right in Toronto, he is a good defensive D-man. Will be great for someone like Colaiacovo to play with.

McCabe - Kaberle
Colaiacovo - Warranner
Klee - Berg
Kronwall - Pilar

That would be atleast a decent Defensive depth. I'd also hate to see Allison go and true, wont look good on management but its a business, isnt it?

Toronto has great, and i mean great depth at Center with guys like Sundin, Lindros, Steen, Wellwood, Stajan...losing Allison wont do us harm.

If anything...it could become Lindros for Warrenner and draft pick. But i dont know...

Old
11-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Resolute

ESPN has Tucker on pace for 60 points, not 70. And that projection is severely skewed by that one game against a terrible Atlanta team. Disregard that game, and we are looking at a 48 point projection.

Not to mention that he is -8 already on the Leafs. He's only been a + player for the Leafs twice this season - one of which was the 9-1 game.

Tucker might represent an improvement for the Flames, but not enough of one to justify dealing Warrener.

Old
11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
ESPN has Tucker on pace for 60 points, not 70. And that projection is severely skewed by that one game against a terrible Atlanta team. Disregard that game, and we are looking at a 48 point projection.
I've never understood this argument, why do people disregard player's multi-point games? They earned them, don't take them away. And after last night's game he's actually on pace for 67 points, not 60

Quote:
Not to mention that he is -8 already on the Leafs. He's only been a + player for the Leafs twice this season - one of which was the 9-1 game.
Tucker is usually responsible defensively. His line-mates at the time (Allison and O'Neill) weren't. It doesn't mean much, but FYI, 7 or 8 of the Leafs 9 goals were on the PP that game. So it's not like anyone was padding there +/- stats that game.

Closed Thread