HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Power Play observation

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
facts

vCash: 500
Power Play observation

Although I feel it has been excellent as of late I had a question from our 5 on 3 lastnight. I know Hitch rewards guys with ice time when they are playing well- but Richards on the point? Come on - very average shot, not sure of his role.
Wouldn't Carter have been more effective, harder shot and quicker release. Richards is better down low in a passing situation but not at the point. Any comments?

Old
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts
Although I feel it has been excellent as of late I had a question from our 5 on 3 lastnight. I know Hitch rewards guys with ice time when they are playing well- but Richards on the point? Come on - very average shot, not sure of his role.
Wouldn't Carter have been more effective, harder shot and quicker release. Richards is better down low in a passing situation but not at the point. Any comments?
Well, the Richards thing is interesting for sure. IMO, he hasn't done bad on the point at all and I'm not against him staying there.

I think Carter, on the other hand, would be trouble in that position. Unlike Richards, Carter is a pure scorer, not an all-around player. To play point on a powerplay effectively, you need proper vision and defensive awareness. I'm not interested in watching a couple of 2-on-1s the other way during every Flyers power play.

Richards has great vision and anticipation, so he's good on the point. He can set up one-timers or generate plays from that position, so it doesn't all depend on his shot.

Old
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts
Richards has a better slapshot. Carter has a much better wrist shot. Also on the point on a 5-on-3 you there more for passing than shooting. If anyone is going to be shooting from the point it's Johnsson. I have no problem at all with Richards playing the point on the 5-on-3 especially without Desjardins.

Old
11-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Winston Wolf

Who gives a hoot about the PP right now? We're last in the league on the PK at the moment.

Closed Thread