HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Official GDT: Oct. 11, Detroit vs. Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 08:56 PM
V for Voodoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
sens outplayed the wings at even strength imo. detroit had a lethal powerplay and were able to win because of it.
chara should've been ragdolling holmstrom every time he got near the crease, but

Old
10-11-2003, 09:13 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
sens outplayed the wings at even strength imo. detroit had a lethal powerplay and were able to win because of it.
chara should've been ragdolling holmstrom every time he got near the crease, but
Outplayed them easily

But the wings defense held Ottawa to very few quality scoring chances. 1 Goal was boneheaded brainfart. The other was on the afformentioned evil 5-3.

as a wings fan, i wish they would do better 5 on 5. But if we keep winning, i wont complain.

and Jiri Fischer is a BEAST. last 2 games, wings best D-man hands down.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:13 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Not sure how to say this, but it almost looked to me like the Sens didn't really .. um.. prepare their game plan very well for Detroit.

That was a prototypical Detroit victory and the goals they scored were .. like .. SO DETROIT-ESQUE. I'll bet if you took the three plays Detroit is most known for scoring on over the years, you could match them up with this game one-for-one. All the goals were just so... Red Wings.

Also, every team in the NHL should know by now how much the Wings looooooooooove the power play, and they will win if you give them a bundle.

Anyway, I was a tad disappointed in the Senators who looked good but not great after over half this message board picked them to win the Stanley Cup this season... but it is only one game after all. I mean, the Senators got the chances all game, but they never EXERTED THEIR WILL and forced that puck into the goal. In fact, they got kind of lucky to get a point.

Detroit looks like Detroit. What can I say: this is a great team, as always.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:26 PM
south-sentral

How were the sens lucky to get a point? They were evidently the better team 5 on 5..and some bad calls were made in Detroit's favor.

For a team with four regulars out they played pretty well.

Old
10-11-2003, 09:36 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-sentral
How were the sens lucky to get a point? They were evidently the better team 5 on 5..and some bad calls were made in Detroit's favor.

For a team with four regulars out they played pretty well.
I felt that there actual goales scored were fortunate, however.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:57 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I thought it was 8 power plays to three but I could be wrong. I know that it was a little imbalanced but at least we won, and I did call the score right though I only hit on one goal (Nick's).

I was impressed with Jiri Fischer tonight...he really went out and kicked some serious ass! And Steve Yzerman is playing with a little more fire in the belly...which is good.

So now we have a break til Vancouver on Thursday night, which could be a real challenge. Yay Wings!

Closed Thread