HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Nathan Dempsey?

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
What happened to Nathan Dempsey?

He stinks. Other people have been saying that all season, I was a bit skeptical...but he stinks. When the Kings got him from Chicago I thought he played well...perhaps better than he ever did for Chicago or Toronto. Options are limited because Corvo sucks too.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-10-2005, 11:01 AM
took420s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
He stinks. Other people have been saying that all season, I was a bit skeptical...but he stinks. When the Kings got him from Chicago I thought he played well...perhaps better than he ever did for Chicago or Toronto. Options are limited because Corvo sucks too.
He did look good when we aquired him, but this year he has really come back down to where he was with Chicago.

AM must dread choosing between these two clowns.

Old
11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Hopefully Petiot can plug away in the practices and get a start. If he were to replace Dempsey, he'd actually be paired with Matti. That's comforting for any defenseman.

Old
11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Osprey

A few nights ago, I finally realized why I cringe whenever I see Dempsey on the bench: with his helmet on, he reminds me of that blonde from 'Queer Eye'

Old
11-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
He was the best defenseman on a very bad Blackhawks team. Ideally, he's a 5-6 guy who plays on the pp, not a top 4 guy who logs lots of minutes in all situations. Problem is that we haven another guy just like that in Joe Corvo.

Old
11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
He did look good when we aquired him, but this year he has really come back down to where he was with Chicago.

AM must dread choosing between these two clowns.
I'd say down to where he was in Toronto.

11-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
He was the best defenseman on a very bad Blackhawks team. Ideally, he's a 5-6 guy who plays on the pp, not a top 4 guy who logs lots of minutes in all situations. Problem is that we haven another guy just like that in Joe Corvo.

No way was he our best defenseman. He was an awful defenseman with some offensive skills. He was brutal, I dont know one Hawk fan that was upset he was traded. The fact that Sutter gave this defensive liability so much ice time made Hawk fans ecstatic when he got traded.

Last edited by Behn Wilson: 11-11-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old
11-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
No way was he our best defenseman. He was an awful defenseman with some offensive skills. He was brutal, I dont know one Hawk fan that was upset he was traded. The fact that Sutter gave this defensive liability so much ice time made Hawk fans ecstatic when he got traded.
Really? I thought that he was just from his icetime. I remember a couple of Hawk fans upset that they only got a 4th for him.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:36 AM
jeffreyaa

Dempsey was def better [best game so far] but I'd still rather see Weaver in there

Dempsey did some good things tonight and had his best game of the season, but I still think that once Weaver's healthy [he's rejoining the team in Columbus Sunday] he should get his spot back. I really like his play w/Matty this year.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
If, Dempsey keeps playing the way he played tonight then he should be in the line0up inseatd of Weaver.

Old
11-12-2005, 04:06 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
You know Andy Murray... Dempsey won't be a scratch in the next game... Weaver or not... A number of teams are dressing 7 defensemen these days... it might not be a bad idea to scratch Parros or Giuliano and get Weaver some shifts that way. Lightens the Lubo load too, as he's logging way too many minutes no matter how well he's playing...

Old
11-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Osprey

AM was quoted last week as saying that injured players will have a tough time getting back into the lineup if the team is winning. We'll see if he sticks to his word and keeps Weaver in the pressbox or goes back on it because Weaver is a favorite of his.

Personally, I'd go with Dempsey and Weaver for the next game and sit Corvo.

Closed Thread