HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Red Sox Playoff Games Thread (please put all Sox talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 03:12 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin
First off Pedro had trouble in the 7th.
Giambi hit his second homer and then the Yanks
stranded two runners at the end of the inning.

In the 8th, after Jeters double Pedro should have been
pulled. The bullpen was doing great in the series and there
is zero reason for not going with them in the 8th. They had
Timlin, Embree, Lowe, Wakefield, and Williamson for Closer.

The RedSox do have a very good closer in Williamson.
I am a big Cinci Red fan and know about Williamson.
The only reason why Williamson is not a #1 closer is
because Cinci has Danny Graves. This year was Williamson's
first year as the #1 closer. He has/had a bad habit of
throwing a sinker in the dirt with runners on, but the guy
is unhittable most of the time.

This loss is entirely Grady Littles fault, no ifs ands or buts!
Anyone who tries to put the blame on Pedro is plain wrong.

I wanted the Sox to win badly. Not so much because I am a
Sox fan, but because I hate the Yankees. The Yankees exemplify everything that is wrong with pro sports and MLB.
If that team doesn't win every year then people should be fired!
Their payroll is approx 50 million more than 90 % of the other teams and
about 100 million more than your average team payroll.
This is exactly 100 % how I feel- except I'm a Sox fan as much as a Bruins and Pats. But the Sox are the team I'd pick to win it all if I had my druthers. Seen the other two....and we had 2 of the games to the World Series

Old
10-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
This is exactly 100 % how I feel- except I'm a Sox fan as much as a Bruins and Pats. But the Sox are the team I'd pick to win it all if I had my druthers. Seen the other two....and we had 2 of the games to the World Series

you speak for me too man....

for some reason this hurt me as bad as '86 and '75...

I haven't been drunk since September 1993.
Damn near broke my streak last night though.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-17-2003, 03:45 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
you speak for me too man....

for some reason this hurt me as bad as '86 and '75...

I haven't been drunk since September 1993.
Damn near broke my streak last night though.
this didn't even approach 86 to me; it hurt, but 86 was in the hand. This would have been sweet taking down the Yankees in Yankee Stadium no less but they still had the Marlins- no day at the beach. The Marlins can take out each of the American league team and anyone who thinks thats crazy better read the scouting reports on these guys. They are no worse than the Angels or Pats in talent relating to their sport.

Many young baseball fans who got hooked on the Sox this season I have one thing to say to you, "welcome to our world".......amazing a whole new generation of Sox fans getting the full dose in one night. As one caller on the radio said to his kids, now you know what its like to be a Red Sox fan.

"you can check out but you can never leave"

Old
10-17-2003, 04:27 PM
sarge88

Regardless of how much of a chance the Marlins have vs. the Yankees, I predict the early games of this series being some of the lowest rated W.S. games in a long time. The perception is that the Yankees will win easily and people outside of NY are simply sick of the Yankees winning. I know that I won't watch one pitch unless the Marlins are winning in a deciding game 4,5,6, or 7. For anyone out there who doesn't think profit sharing or a salary cap are necessary, just wait. Remember, if the 2 biggest sell outs of this era, Mussina and Giambi weren't on the Yankees, we'd be anticipating a Florida - Boston series.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Corey

BruinsGirl doesn't like my thoughtful input? I don't like her thoughtless input along with that of her retarded companion troll. Besides, I've been a Yankees fan for a long time and a firm believer in the Curse of the Bambino. It crushes the Red Sux like an invisible juggernaut. Long live Bucky Dent!

Old
10-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Eat It

Trouble in NY even after the amazing series win. "I'm a human being and I ain't been treated like one in 11 months!"- Zimmer

Old
10-18-2003, 01:47 AM
sarge88

Which of these slogans should the Yankees use next year for their season ticket drive?

The New York Yankees - Now With Even Less Integrity!

If We Suck in June, Don't Worry - We'll Just Buy The NL Central.

We Can Convince Anyone to Sell Out - Just Ask Jason Giambi and Mike Mussina!

Yankees=WalMart - Everyone Loves Wal-Mart, Don't They?

Yankee Stadium, Now With More Wrappers Blowing Around the Outfield.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:02 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
Which of these slogans should the Yankees use next year for their season ticket drive?

The New York Yankees - Now With Even Less Integrity!

If We Suck in June, Don't Worry - We'll Just Buy The NL Central.

We Can Convince Anyone to Sell Out - Just Ask Jason Giambi and Mike Mussina!

Yankees=WalMart - Everyone Loves Wal-Mart, Don't They?

Yankee Stadium, Now With More Wrappers Blowing Around the Outfield.
Slogans Fenway Park is using right now.

Fenway Park - Closed

Now with even less integrity? Not sure I follow that one, but whatever you gotta do..I actually thought a Cubs-Sox final woulda been great. Anyways I wouldn't be too upset, Sox played great and are at the point there they are awfully close to finally getting it.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:18 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

Fenway Park - Closed

Now with even less integrity? Not sure I follow that one, but whatever you gotta do..I actually thought a Cubs-Sox final woulda been great. Anyways I wouldn't be too upset, Sox played great and are at the point there they are awfully close to finally getting it.

The integrity part refers to the lack of character of players like Giambi, Mussina and Clemens. Those three can also be referred to as the "If you can't beat 'em, then join 'em, brotherhood".

Old
10-18-2003, 08:49 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
BruinsGirl doesn't like my thoughtful input? I don't like her thoughtless input along with that of her retarded companion troll. Besides, I've been a Yankees fan for a long time and a firm believer in the Curse of the Bambino. It crushes the Red Sux like an invisible juggernaut. Long live Bucky Dent!
FYI I don't like baseball..don't know much of this game..hate when Red Sox is playing at home cause I never can park my car next to mother-in-law house on Fenway...but...trolling here after such a tough loss is like going to Ottawa's board after their loss to the Devils.They gave it all and lost. They deserve respect and something
like "Better luck next year!". That would be a good sportsmanship by a fan of the winning team.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:23 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

Fenway Park - Closed

I'm bummed but hey, thats what you sign up for when your a sports fan- you never know the ending. You may think you do as in the case of the Red Sox but even then, how does it end?

I truly believe the Red Sox are about to start running neck and neck with the Yankees- you wont see 6 or 7 second place finishes in a row. You may even see the Blue Jays or O's move up a year or two- but the Sox and Yanks live in the same neighborhood, have an unfair advantage and now the Sox are run by people with brains, passion, and money. Thats a winning combination and the Yankees know this except for probably Steinbrenner. Torre who I love since a player with the Braves when I started collecting baseball cards in 1968 knows this and imo will honor this contract and get out a winner- which he is. He knows; Cashman knows; Michael Knows; Randy Levine know- these are not your John Harrington-Dan Duquette Sox.

So while it totally Sux they are no longer with us in 2003 they will live and its just a matter of time before the Sox win it all. They truly are the most amazing team in all of professional sports when you look at the body of work. They have done everything from pass on Jackie Robinson after a tryout, trade Babe, had a scout say Willie Mays can't play; traded Pee Wee Reese to Brooklyn so the playing manager Joe Cronin wouldn't lose his SS spot in his already twilight years....had drunks as managers, and managed to get so close but always never get there. They are like the underworld- once your a Sox fan its hard to get out- even when you think you are they are still in you. I have a friend who swore them off and thought he was a Yankee fan for the last 10 years. He rooted for the Yanks all these years, had hats etc....after being a life long Sox fan but couldn't take Duquette and the 86 WS. But the other night a wierd thing happened- he said when the Yankees started their comeback he was sad- he realized he wanted the Sox to win in his heart.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
FYI I don't like baseball..don't know much of this game..hate when Red Sox is playing at home cause I never can park my car next to mother-in-law house on Fenway...but...trolling here after such a tough loss is like going to Ottawa's board after their loss to the Devils.They gave it all and lost. They deserve respect and something
like "Better luck next year!". That would be a good sportsmanship by a fan of the winning team.
REALLY! YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE CANADIENS, SUCH AS THEIR UPSETTING THE HEAVILY FAVORED BRUINS IN 2002. YOUR COMPANION TROLL JOHNNY V KEEPS BRINGING UP JOSE THEODORE'S FAMILY DIFFICULTIES (IN WHICH HE HAS NOT BEEN IMPLICATED) WITH VENOMOUS GLEE. WHY SHOULD YOUR (OR HIS) FEELINGS BE SPARED? FINALLY, THE RED SOX HAVE LONG BEEN THE MOST RACIST PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM. JUST LOOK AT ITS COMPOSITION NOW AND OVER THE YEARS.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:26 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
REALLY! YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE CANADIENS, SUCH AS THEIR UPSETTING THE HEAVILY FAVORED BRUINS IN 2002. YOUR COMPANION TROLL JOHNNY V KEEPS BRINGING UP JOSE THEODORE'S FAMILY DIFFICULTIES (IN WHICH HE HAS NOT BEEN IMPLICATED) WITH VENOMOUS GLEE. WHY SHOULD YOUR (OR HIS) FEELINGS BE SPARED? FINALLY, THE RED SOX HAVE LONG BEEN THE MOST RACIST PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM. JUST LOOK AT ITS COMPOSITION NOW AND OVER THE YEARS.
1) Stop shouting at me...FYI using caps on the message board is considered shouting. People who sure what they are talking about don't get nervous.

2) As I already stated I am not Red Sox fan but I think you are going overboard with RACIST issue...

3) I am not trolling on your board however I have a right to voice my opinion...and it was funny reading how Habs fans were pointing out on the low number of shuts in B's - Stars game. How can you do this and still be proud of Habs beating the B's with shots on goals 44-13 in the B's favour.

4) If Habs lost in the hard fought battle like Red Sox..playing so well in divisional finals I wouldn't go on your boards and rub it in.

And again...you are not hurting my feelings. I didn't not grew up in North America and know nothing about baseball..but I feel for the people on this board and in this city.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:38 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Toi mordent ane

Old
10-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
Toi mordent ane
Et tu es un cambrioleur, un bâtard, un fils d'une trune, qui mange merde.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:04 PM
DKH

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being a Yankee fan- some of my best friends are and it makes me sick ; But there is no curse and we are closing in on the Yankee machine. Next year is definately the year

Old
10-19-2003, 01:13 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkaz
I'm not gonna heckle anyone. I honestly think the Sox were the better team, and somewhat deserved that win. They're an excellent teamand should be proud of their season. I'm not looking forward to the Sox season next year. Great series Sox. Go Yanks.

This game from a Yanks fans perspective, was the greatest game I've ever seen. It was so nervewracking and exciting. I think Boone's HR will go down in history with the Bucky Dent HR, and the Buckner error as famous plays that killed the Sox. I'm very happy to see Clemens' career not end on that note though.

Definately goes down in history as one of my fave moments, with the end of he 96 series, the Leyritz HR in the 96 series, games 3 and 4 in the '01 series.
I'm as heartbroken as any fan not on a deathbed; but atleast the Yankees are around. And by that I mean, they are our target- what better rivalry is there in sport. I can't stand the Yankees but there are many Yankee players I like alot like Jeter, Williams, Posada, Clemens, Rivera, Pettite, Matsui....but they are the enemy.

I assume we all follow sports for the exhiliration it gives us and what better than beating the Yankees. Its going to happen soon, the new owners have the passion, money and brains that have long been absent on Yawkey Way. The Yankees aren't going away- but they aren't running away....its getting to the point where we may see it go back and forth from year to year- and most Yankee fans will relish the competition and it will as Joe Torre 'feel better' when they do beat the Sox certain years as opposed to yawning their way thru them.

Curse? no way; stupidity, ignorance and arrongance? yes....thats what did the Sox in and nothing else.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:00 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Et tu es un cambrioleur, un bâtard, un fils d'une trune, qui mange merde.

Aller magent quelque chien merde toi grande folle .

Old
10-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Corey

What cracks me up is that you quote my remarks about your occupation, your parentage, and your culinary preferences. That gives them double exposure. You are peu sensible, aren't you?

Anyway, I'm surprised to find you know some French, even though you're bilingually inarticulate. In what grade did you drop out of l'école?

Old
10-20-2003, 12:09 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
What cracks me up is that you quote my remarks about your occupation, your parentage, and your culinary preferences. That gives them double exposure. You are peu sensible, aren't you?

Anyway, I'm surprised to find you know some French, even though you're bilingually inarticulate. In what grade did you drop out of l'école?

Faire toi jouent peaud flu ^te? trou du cul Does this crack you up.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
misterjaggers

Grady Little Canned

See: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb

I don't think he deserved to be fired, but I'm obviously in a tiny minority!

Old
10-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
See: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb

I don't think he deserved to be fired, but I'm obviously in a tiny minority!
Anyhow...I am sad to see the guy go. He HAD to go though. He could never gather any respect from the fans after that mess. He made mistakes, but he brought the club together and helped calm the masses when the Sox were going through peaks and valleys. Never too high, never too low is the way to go.

Whomever they bring in, I sure as hell hope he has a thick skin like Grady did and the smarts to remove a fragile ace after 112 pitches in a game seven.

Old
10-29-2003, 08:09 PM
BostonGrl819

Manny was put on waivers...only team that would pick him up would be the Spank-mes.

www.bostonherald.com

Old
10-29-2003, 08:18 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGrl819
Manny was put on waivers...only team that would pick him up would be the Spank-mes.

www.bostonherald.com
Unbelievable: http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSo...?articleid=297 What will happen next?

Old
10-29-2003, 08:31 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGrl819
Yup it looks like we now have Jeremy Jacobs and Harry Sinden running the Red Sox

Operating Revenues have increased by 75 million the past 4 years, yet the Payroll in 2004 is expected to drop for the 4th consecutive season.

Revenues should approach and possibly surpass 220 million in 2004, and the payroll is likely to drop below 100 million.

Closed Thread