Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Wildcats 7-4 Shawinigan

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Wildcats 7-4 Shawinigan

I've been to all Moncton home games this year except the S/O loss to the Titans.
Although the 'Cats jumped out to a 4-0 lead within the 1st 10 minutes it just seems that they can't play sixty minutes and let the Cataractes back into the game.
Moncton has the best winning % in the QMJ but they just don't look like Mem Cup material. They've gotten points in ten of their last eleven games? Am I being overly critical as a home town guy or is there somethimg wrong with this club?
MAINEiacs tonight and I'm told the game is sold out so maybe a full sixty minute effort...

Last edited by Alpine: 11-11-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old
11-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Chootoi

they deffinitely aren't the best team on paper, but on the ice is different. they've already beaten chicoutimi and bathurst, twice, in bathurst, and lost to them in a shootout - which is really a tie with an asterisk. to be the best you have to beat the best. that they have done to date, and they've pretty much dominated. you can't ask for much more than that.

now that said, do they have holes? for sure. all (or some) of which can be filled during the trading period. you can't really compare this year's host team to london (if that's what you're doing), cause we won't see another junior team like that for a long time. but nolan has got this team believing in, or buying into, whatever it is he's teaching, and the team - overall is playing, gelling, and working better than any wildcats team i've EVER seen. EVER.

but moves can't be made for another month or so anyway, so relax, watch some games, and see what happens. they have another 50 games to work out the kinks (like playing hard for a full 60 mins), remember this team was 1-6 (or somn) in the pre season. however i don't think you'll see the big mammoth deals that some are expecting because a) ted nolan is not allan "**** me please" power, and will stand his ground if a team is downright playing the cats, and b) as i mentioned before, this team is gelling very well, and everyone is making a case for themselves. ian girard leads the team in points and leads the league in GWG. tough to trade him. after a shaky start, blanchard has nearly (if not the best) stats in the league the past month or so. even josh hepditch is working his *** off and seems to be on nolan's a-list. it's going to be tough to trade anyone. rimouski was a .500 team until they added mario scalzo last year. as they say 'the rest is history'. so the cats don't necessarily need to go out and acquire the 'best' players, just the 'best fit' players. and that he defiinitely knows how to do.

Old
11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
PEli*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine
I've been to all Moncton home games this year except the S/O loss to the Titans.
Although the 'Cats jumped out to a 4-0 lead within the 1st 10 minutes it just seems that they can't play sixty minutes and let the Cataractes back into the game.
Moncton has the best winning % in the QMJ but they just don't look like Mem Cup material. They've gotten points in ten of their last eleven games? Am I being overly critical as a home town guy or is there somethimg wrong with this club?
MAINEiacs tonight and I'm told the game is sold out so maybe a full sixty minute effort...
They're the best team. I disagree with Chootoi in regards to the on paper thing. They're the best team on paper and on the ice. They've got no real holes except in goal. And even there, the Cats are solid enough in every other aspect of the game to make up for it.

They will make upgrades as the season goes on. They will be interested in players like David Brine, Kevin Asselin, Rane Carnegie, etc. Have they already traded for Joyal?

Anyway. They will continue to get better. They will start running people over. Be prepared to see Brad Marchand go if they're looking to make a big upgrade for a quality overager (see: Brine).

Old
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
They're the best team. I disagree with Chootoi in regards to the on paper thing. They're the best team on paper and on the ice. They've got no real holes except in goal. And even there, the Cats are solid enough in every other aspect of the game to make up for it.

They will make upgrades as the season goes on. They will be interested in players like David Brine, Kevin Asselin, Rane Carnegie, etc. Have they already traded for Joyal?

Anyway. They will continue to get better. They will start running people over. Be prepared to see Brad Marchand go if they're looking to make a big upgrade for a quality overager (see: Brine).
i'm just saying they don't really have any of the big names like boisclair, latendresse, radulov, etc... girard is their top scorer in 12th. no one would have said that at the start of the year. nolan has never had a top 10 scorer. his teams do it by working their *** off.

i agree with what you say in terms of upgrading, but i think the problem is going to be who's out rather than who's in.

Closed Thread