HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Getting Worse?

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Getting Worse?

Is it possible the Rangers have gotten worse? I figured that they would have improved. I knew they werent going to lead the conferences but I expected effort. I know its only two games and these are only two losses, but they aren't just two losses, they are two blow-outs. If you want to say the Minnesota game wasnt a blow-out then fine, but if you give up 5 goals to that line-up, yu have alot of problems. This team is showing the same lack of effort and passion that we have seen the last 6-plus seasons. This "system" doesn't need to be practiced or tweaked..... it needs a miracle. Lindros is as bad as last year and Kovalev is still underwhelming. The defense still sucks and our one strength (goaltending) has been lousy. I expect the goaltending to improve, but I can't say the same about every other aspect of this "team."

Old
10-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I expect the goaltending to improve, but I can't say the same about every other aspect of this "team."
Yes, and an improving goaltending means nothing. Hell, this teams earns about 80 mio $$ and can't play defence, offence, pk, pp or anything else... A good goaltending is no solution. It would just veil the real weaknesses of this "team"...

Old
10-12-2003, 10:39 AM
sickboy35

well....

i don't know if this solves anything but, is there a way the rangers could put malaknob and krispy creme on waivers? send them to hartford? i know its all about money but if this team exspects to make money they might have to eat some to do it! trade poti and carter to a western confrence team and get young players back? in my opinion our defence needs to be fixed 1st, which tlb should of taken care during the off season! like i said it dosen't solve anything but its a start!

Old
10-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i don't know if this solves anything but, is there a way the rangers could put malaknob and krispy creme on waivers? send them to hartford? i know its all about money but if this team exspects to make money they might have to eat some to do it! trade poti and carter to a western confrence team and get young players back? in my opinion our defence needs to be fixed 1st, which tlb should of taken care during the off season! like i said it dosen't solve anything but its a start!
and do what? Start Purinton and Bouchard as a pairing every night?

Old
10-13-2003, 02:17 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:

bouchard my boy!

Old
10-13-2003, 03:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Why not? If it comes down to accountability, why not play the two guys who are going to bust their ***** and try every shift? What's the worst that can happen, this team gives up 6 goals?

I love the idea of putting Vladikhov and Moronov on waivers. Send the two puck czars a message.

10-13-2003, 04:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Can it be they be ANY worse than the Ambiguoulsy Defenseless Russian duo? At this point, they could take any to people from this board and the said pair could do NO WORSE than the M&M twins.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Barnaby

I still think Maladog will be a decent parner for Leetch when he comes back. Also, if I'm not mistaken this is a contract year so maybe he'll turn it up a notch.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:40 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
I still think Maladog will be a decent parner for Leetch when he comes back. Also, if I'm not mistaken this is a contract year so maybe he'll turn it up a notch.
I hope not. That's what Mirinov did last season and look where he is now.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:43 AM
NY Rangers Fan

Quote:
Fill the roster with anonymous kids, and then Sather might actually hold everyone onthe team accountable for their play. As the roster stands, there is no one to be the accountability scapegoat.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Gamma82

Quote:
Is it possible the Rangers have gotten worse? I figured that they would have improved.
I think we all figured they would have improved. I must admit I am usually a glass is half-full type when it comes to the Rangers. I was defending Muckler until the day he was fired. I was hopeful when Trottier was hired and thought Sather behind the bench would get them into the playoffs last year.

However after the first 2 games I know longer will defend the team. It's time they earned the right for us to cheer for them. I am thankful I don't have season tickets again this year, but if I did I would be booing these bums during introductions. We have supported this team through all this downturn, eventhough it looks like all they care about is the paycheck. Those two games didn't show me any of them has a heart.

Well maybe I can defend one player, Mark Messier, who I read on numerous boards or newspaper articles should retire. Well at least he held up his end of the bargain and played liked he belonged in the league or more importantly like he wanted to be on the ice.

The one thing I can't bring myself to call this group is "team". They are nothing but a bunch of high priced mercenaries with no allegiance to each other the fans or the sweater.

I hope I am completely off base and that Sather can turn this around. It's just that I am tired of being the last one off the Titanic. This year I can probably say that I am one of the first to officially say that I hear the Fat Lady warming up and getting ready to take the stage and begin singing.

My glass half-full approach tells me well at least we are going to get a good draft choice, possibly #1, and since there will probably be no season next year we will get a high draft choice, again possibly #1, in next years draft.

So if things work out the way I see it the Rangers will get the #1 pick in 2004 and 2005. That's about the best I can hope for after watching those games on Friday and Saturday. 11 of the next 14 games are on Garden ice, if this team shows us the same effort in those games we have seen in the first 2 the Garden could get ugly early this season. A hostile home crowd, well at least those who show up will be the norm.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
honestmoe77

Send a message via AIM to honestmoe77 Send a message via Yahoo to honestmoe77
The Rangers were fine when they were leading 3-1 against the Wild in game 1. Suddenly a few bad bounces and everything goes to poop. If they can get a win Thursday and get some confidence going they can turn this thing around. There is still 80 games remaining, but the time to right the ship is now, not in game 60.

Old
10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestmoe77
The Rangers were fine when they were leading 3-1 against the Wild in game 1. Suddenly a few bad bounces and everything goes to poop. If they can get a win Thursday and get some confidence going they can turn this thing around. There is still 80 games remaining, but the time to right the ship is now, not in game 60.

while i like your optimism, i think we get our arses handed to us again on thursday! i will keep saying it until things drasticly change around here! atlanta going to be on fire! no heatly, no synder(rip), means they will have more motavation than the rangers and they are young enough to skate circles around our players! we just witnessed what a young hungry team can do to us! why should thursday be any different?
:mad:

Old
10-13-2003, 02:43 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Garden
I think we all figured they would have improved. I must admit I am usually a glass is half-full type when it comes to the Rangers. I was defending Muckler until the day he was fired. I was hopeful when Trottier was hired and thought Sather behind the bench would get them into the playoffs last year.

Well maybe I can defend one player, Mark Messier, who I read on numerous boards or newspaper articles should retire. Well at least he held up his end of the bargain and played liked he belonged in the league or more importantly like he wanted to be on the ice.

The one thing I can't bring myself to call this group is "team". They are nothing but a bunch of high priced mercenaries with no allegiance to each other the fans or the sweater.

My glass half-full approach tells me well at least we are going to get a good draft choice, possibly #1, and since there will probably be no season next year we will get a high draft choice, again possibly #1, in next years draft.
Glass half full?......Defended Muckler?.....Make the playoffs with Sather?....Defending Messier?.....prepare to be bombarded!

#1 draft choice,ooooo Ovechkin, now that would be nice.... but it ain't happening. Welcome to the boards and it's good to have another member of the glass half full crew to even things out around here.

Closed Thread