Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton v.s. Lewiston 11/11/2005

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Transported Upstater

vCash: 500
Moncton v.s. Lewiston 11/11/2005

Major league collapse here by the Wildcats...

0-0 after first period.

5 Moncton goals in a 6 minute span makes it 5-0.

5-2 Moncton at the end of the 2nd period. Moncton pulls their goaltender.

6-5 Lewiston final.

6 unanswered goals by Lewiston. Wow...

Old
11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Chootoi

yeah that was pretty ugly. and moncton deserved to lose - totally. they only played 5 minutes of hockey the entire game. full marks to lewiston. they play each other again sunday, i expect either the cats will come out flying and dominate, or come out crawling from nolan skating them into the ice in practice tomorrow.

that 3rd period was as bad as they come. ouch.

Old
11-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi
yeah that was pretty ugly. and moncton deserved to lose - totally. they only played 5 minutes of hockey the entire game. full marks to lewiston. they play each other again sunday, i expect either the cats will come out flying and dominate, or come out crawling from nolan skating them into the ice in practice tomorrow.

that 3rd period was as bad as they come. ouch.

(Thank you for not interpreting this as some sort of American homerism garbage, I was worried about that.)

I caught the game on QMJHL radio.

Did Blanchard get injured or something? Otherwise, I don't have any idea why Nolan put Blouin in the game. Did he figure it was a safe lead?

No question Moncton has far superior talent, but it sounds like they either were tired from a road trip or underestimated Lewiston.

I just started this thread because it seemed like an out-of-character thing for one of the top 10 teams in the CHL to do, and I hope it's not the start of something deeper.

Old
11-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Chootoi

everyone is speculating that blanchard was injured, but no one seems to know for sure. they definitely weren't tired from a road trip, as they played tonight, and last night, at home. if you aren't in good enough shape to play back to back nights at home, you got yourself a problem and shouldn't be in the league, so i doubt that's it.

me thinks the 5 goals in 5 mins got their heads swelling a bit and they though they could rest on a 5 goal lead. me thinks they were wrong. the new brand of hockey will kick your *** if that's how you play.

Old
11-12-2005, 07:14 AM
PEli*

What a disgrace, eh? During the seond intermission of the Halifax/Shaw game, we heard a scored of 5-1 Moncton. Get home and see a 6-5 win for Lewiston? Wow.

Just after I pumped Moncton up in that other thread, eh Chootoi. That'll teach me.

Old
11-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Alpine

That's what I'm saying the Wildcats haven't put together 3 solid periods yet. They take alot of time off. But as someone said there's 50 games left
I've been going to games since they first started as the Moncton Alpines in 1995 and this team is just average dispite their record.
I have to add that since I moved back home in 1982 this is the first time I've seen a complete sellout in AHL or Q . The box office stopped selling standing room tickets an hour before the game.

Last edited by Alpine: 11-12-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old
11-12-2005, 09:19 AM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
It is just unbeiliveable right now what Lewiston is doing... Last Friday against Halifax they were down 2 goals w/ 2 minutes to play and were able to tie it up and get atleast a point out of it. Then last night. I say Lewiston is one of those dangerous middle of the pack teams if you look at there scores of the games it seems they are always there.

Old
11-12-2005, 09:21 AM
domifan28

yah blanchard did get injured..he has a minor concussion and was dizzy throught the second...blouin came in cold in the third and thats what turned the game around..either way moncton need a goalie when the trade period opens

Old
11-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by domifan28
yah blanchard did get injured..he has a minor concussion and was dizzy throught the second...blouin came in cold in the third and thats what turned the game around..either way moncton need a goalie when the trade period opens

OK, that explains Nolan's decision. Until I heard he wasn't on the bench during the 3rd, I thought Nolan was a moron.

If Moncton looks for a goalie, who would they be interested in?

Old
11-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC
It is just unbeiliveable right now what Lewiston is doing... Last Friday against Halifax they were down 2 goals w/ 2 minutes to play and were able to tie it up and get atleast a point out of it. Then last night. I say Lewiston is one of those dangerous middle of the pack teams if you look at there scores of the games it seems they are always there.

VERY impressed with the effort. They pulled together against a far superior team.

Old
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
domifan28

the easiest guesses would be josh tordjman orjonathn bernier(abit more thougher to get).. alexandre vincent...since chicoutimi has two starting goalies one might be avail...theres also david tremblay in gatineau...they have two number one goalies as well..rumour has it that spectators wont even reconize the moncton wildcats after trade period so u never know who theyll end up with....moncton is expected to have a totally different team which i really dont understand since theyre playing well right now...there only weakness is a goalie..so who knows what theyll do

Closed Thread