HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Christmas Prospects Update

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Christmas Prospects Update

Would anyone be interested in doing a Top 35 poll for Ranger prospects come Christmas time?

A bold list reflecting what is really happening is in order...

Leaping:
Lundqvist (arrived, #1 prospect)
Prucha (no more top 15/20ish...this guy is a winner)
Montoya (5-0-1 in Hartford)
Staal (offensive game is coming into effect)
Dawes (good start to his AHL season)
Dominic Moore (arrived, grade: A through 20 NHL games)
Dubinsky (darcy tucker II)
Callahan (organization's best kept secret)

Falling:
Jessiman (Charlotte is a wake up call)
Kondratiev (relatively disappointing so far, I'd drop him a couple slots)
Fedor Fedorov (overager, underachiever)

Old
11-12-2005, 02:46 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I was going to do it in a month or so (unless someone else wants to do it).....btw Drats has been disappointing? How so? Besides the dumb passes behind his back (which are rookie mistakes) he's been very solid. I actually didn't think he would fit right in like he is at this point (after his pre-season performance) I think we had him at #7 or 8..i'd leave him where he was. Also I dont know how much of a leap we Montoya will get considering he was at #3 last time around.

Old
11-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Sunshine

Kondratiev has been subpar at best...I don't want a huge drop (i.e. 8 to 18...but I think a few slots is necessary)

Lundqvist is our #1
Prucha must be top 10
Montoya should jump Tyutin (drop a slot or two)
Staal leaps Tyutin
Moore giant leap to 10-range
Jessiman drop from 5 to 10-12

Old
11-12-2005, 11:36 AM
DarthSather99

I know Lundqvist and Moore are rookies and still technically considered prospects but anyone watching the Rangers knows both of these guys are in the NHL for good. They ARE NHL players and I would not classify them as prospects anymore.

Prucha also showed that he belongs but we have a roster problem of too many forwards. Until the Rangers "free up" a spot for him by making a trade he will still be developing with Hartford on occasion.

I already consider this season a success even if we lost most of our games. We "found" four (Tytuin, Moore, Prucha, Lundqvist) potential players that can be here for a LONG time and will help us on the long term road to respectability in the NHL. I almost forget Tytuin is a rookie. He's not taking over games but he's just solid. i'd like to see him take more chances on the offensive ned. Our team defense seems to be good enough for him to do this on occasion. Renney has encouraged him to do this.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Fletch

For Prucha to 'develop'...

in Hartford would really be a shame...his shootout ability has basically one two games for the Rangers and I don't see much benefit he can get in Hartford compared to the NHL. If it's between him and Hossa, I go with Prucha.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:43 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Don't understand alot of the criticism directed towards Tyutin and Kondratiev. Both are rookies playing pretty good hockey, mistakes are going to be there but both have been pretty solid. As free agents at the end of the year, I want to see both re-signed to 3 or 4 year deals.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Sunshine

The Tyutin that we saw for a dozen games in 03-04 is not the Tyutin we see today. His game has taken a step backwards and consequently, I believe Staal deserves to pass him on December's list.

1. Lundqvist
2. Montoya
3. Staal
4. Tytuin

Prucha 6-8

Old
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
xander

I wouldn't mind seeing a ranking that only takes into acount players not currently playing on the NHL level. I know guys like lundqvist, tyutin and prucha are still technically prospects, but they won't be for long. I'd be more interested in seeing how the lists looks without guys who are going to be off it by the end of the year.

Old
11-12-2005, 04:14 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
The Tyutin that we saw for a dozen games in 03-04 is not the Tyutin we see today. His game has taken a step backwards and consequently, I believe Staal deserves to pass him on December's list.
'03-04= 25games, 2goals, 5assists, 7pts, -4, 14PIM, 33 shots
'05-06= 18games, 2goals, 5assists, 7pts, +2, 18PIM, 28 shots

I know that stats dont show the whole picture, but he hasnt really "taken a step backwards" He also was playing with mironov(i believe), who is much more reliable than poti.

I also understand that jessiman has been a disappointment, but his potential is still as high as it once was. He hit a bump in the road, and that will make his success in the future that much more sweeter

Old
11-12-2005, 08:22 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I would not take Staal over Tyutin at this point.

Not in the least.

And why the hell would Montoya jump ahead of Tyutin...?

Old
11-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
in Hartford would really be a shame...his shootout ability has basically one two games for the Rangers and I don't see much benefit he can get in Hartford compared to the NHL. If it's between him and Hossa, I go with Prucha.
to bad its not between him and hossa.

Closed Thread