HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore becomes key component

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2005, 07:19 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Moore becomes key component

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...511120342/1108

Old
11-12-2005, 07:47 AM
shoothepuck

Good article on Moore. Would be nice to see him become a 20 goals a year player. Nice quote by Poti, about how his play isn't here yet. He's right he needs to take it elsewhere.

Old
11-12-2005, 09:33 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Another article on Dom Moore:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-310734c.html

and another:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/57300.htm

Old
11-12-2005, 10:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*

Notes: Defenseman Tom Poti, a healthy scratch twice in the first 10 games, has also played well on the trip, creating chances offensively, such as Moore's first goal Thursday, and positioning himself better defensively. "The confidence is starting to come back," Poti said. "It's not where it needs to be but I know (the coaches) have confidence in my play." ... Renney said he was leaning toward starting goalie Kevin Weekes tonight. ... The Rangers did not skate yesterday.

Even without Messier we still have optional practices.

Why put Weekes in net when he lost his last game against the Pens. I know that Lundqvist played back to back, but at this point Renney should play the hot goalie. If I was Renney I would play Lundqvist tonight vs the Pens and against the Leafs on Tuesday. Let Weekes face both games vs the Canes at home and away.

Old
11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
DarthSather99

Even without Messier we still have optional practices.

Why put Weekes in net when he lost his last game against the Pens. I know that Lundqvist played back to back, but at this point Renney should play the hot goalie. If I was Renney I would play Lundqvist tonight vs the Pens and against the Leafs on Tuesday. Let Weekes face both games vs the Canes at home and away.[/QUOTE]

There was no option. Renney cancelled it as a REWARD for their hard work. Why do we have to drive Lundqvist into the ground by playing him every game. He's playing enough to keep himself sharp. How many times do we have to have this discussion that Weeks NEEDs to play also.

If a coach is succeeding, why question his methods? Renney has shocked the NHL by having the Rangers in first and he's developing younger players also.

Old
11-12-2005, 10:54 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Why put Weekes in net when he lost his last game against the Pens. I know that Lundqvist played back to back, but at this point Renney should play the hot goalie. If I was Renney I would play Lundqvist tonight vs the Pens and against the Leafs on Tuesday. Let Weekes face both games vs the Canes at home and away.
Lundqvist lost his first game against the Devils but Renney put him back the next time and he won soundly against New Jersey. Expect the same with Weekes and the Pens.

Old
11-12-2005, 11:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Renney rewarded the players by staying overnight in Tampa and cancelling Friday's workout which would have been a conditioning day.What is the big deal with Renney rewarding the players?They probably all went out together for a meal,cigars and a few drinks.That is what teams do

Old
11-12-2005, 11:06 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Good article on Moore. Would be nice to see him become a 20 goals a year player. Nice quote by Poti, about how his play isn't here yet. He's right he needs to take it elsewhere.
Seems like Moore is the road warrior:
GP G A Pts +/-
HOME: 12 1 1 2 0
AWAY: 11 5 3 8 4

Can't wait for when he scores shorthanded.

Old
11-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Fletch

Not against a no practice...

since the team has earned a day off after winning two on the road and heading back north, but I think they still have some work that needs to be done on the PP. Of course, the work doesn't necessarily have to be practiced - just tell the point guys to shoot more when the opportunity presents itself.

Not against Weekes playing. It's smart to try your best to keep two goalies fresh. I did think Weekes would play against Tampa. Didn't need to play back-to-back when Weekes played well against Jersey a couple games ago and played OK against PITT (I don't remember him having a chance on a couple goals).

Old
11-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
since the team has earned a day off after winning two on the road and heading back north, but I think they still have some work that needs to be done on the PP. Of course, the work doesn't necessarily have to be practiced - just tell the point guys to shoot more when the opportunity presents itself.

Not against Weekes playing. It's smart to try your best to keep two goalies fresh. I did think Weekes would play against Tampa. Didn't need to play back-to-back when Weekes played well against Jersey a couple games ago and played OK against PITT (I don't remember him having a chance on a couple goals).
Not much to complain about these days huh?

Closed Thread