HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek has to play!

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2003, 08:05 AM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Komisarek has to play!

I'm really happy to see Hainsey getting some playing time but i think Komi should be there too. Quintal should be bumped off. He cant follow anymore its unbelievable. Do yall think he's going to play thi year?

Old
10-12-2003, 08:11 AM
komisakick ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
I'm really happy to see Hainsey getting some playing time but i think Komi should be there too. Quintal should be bumped off. He cant follow anymore its unbelievable. Do yall think he's going to play thi year?
I wish he will play

Old
10-12-2003, 08:14 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
He'll play in Hamilton. He's on borrowed time, IMO. As soon as Koivu/Kilger/Langdon/Begin are back, he's the second cut... (following his buddy Higgins)

Old
10-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I think more and more that Komisarek is going to Hamilton as soon as Francis Bouillon returns (which I beleive will be for the next game).

Why would CJ have played Hainsey both games if he wanted to choose one of them for the remaining job? I think he already made up his mind. From everything I saw during the camp I thought Komisarek was looking at least as good as Quintal defensively and better offensively, but they're not going to send Quintal packing so might as well get used to it, Komisarek will likely go down and be called up if injuries/trades occur.

Old
10-12-2003, 10:09 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Defenitively, Komisarek has to play on a regular basis, if not with the Canadiens, then with the Bulldogs, same goes for Higgins IMO. The only way those two can get some professionnal experience is by playing.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:27 PM
AzNDrAgOn

vCash:
There was only one spot remaining and Claude Julien had to choose between Komisarek and Hainsey. I think he made the good choice playing Hainsey instead of Komo. The fact is that Hainsey provides better needs to the team because he's better offensively and is a good addition in our PP.

While the playing style of Komisarek is similar to Quintal and Souray's, I agree with most of you guys saying that Komisarek > Quintal. The organisation won't be sending Quintal to Hamilton, so they might as well send Komisarek that he can have a lot of ice time and as soon as someone's injured, we can call him up.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:36 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Why is everyone saying that Komi will get sent down as soons as Koivu/Kilger/Begin/Langdon gets back. Aside from roster spots, they have nothing to do with his spot on the team. Their all forwards.

Old
10-12-2003, 02:42 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Why is everyone saying that Komi will get sent down as soons as Koivu/Kilger/Begin/Langdon gets back. Aside from roster spots, they have nothing to do with his spot on the team. Their all forwards.
um? Just cause they are all forwards, that is a spot he is taking up, an extra spot, not a position spot

Old
10-12-2003, 03:09 PM
AzNDrAgOn

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Komisarek had more goals 11, and 10 for Hainsey, in college, and i think Komisarek is so underrated with his offensive potenial, which he has. Better then Hainsey? who knows, for now we can't judge.
I'm not saying Komisarek can't score. I'm just stating that Hainsey is a better quarter back in our PP and provides more offense. He's faster and has better mobility. But at 6"4, 240 lbs., I agree that Komi has surprising speed for his size. By the way, the fact that Komisarek scored 11 goals playing 7 games more than Hainsey doesn't make him better.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Honestly, how can people imply that Begin is more deserving of a roster spot than Komisarek. Once all those guys, including Begin, come back then Komi is gone? Steve Begin is okay at being the undersized tough guy. I know from watching him in Calgary. But he is useless in other respects and gets injured too often. Langdon is a useful goon. Kilger has hands of stone at times but can be imposing and gritty. Komisarek is part of the future and needs to be played. But there's no one he can potentially replace except Quintal and he commands respect as a vet. Markov is racking up the points, Hainsey doing the job both ways, Breezy's contract is too big, Souray providing some surprising offense along with toughness, Rivet just seems to have the respect of his teammates. Let's see if an injury occurs because you'll definitely see Komi in there in that case.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:28 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Honestly, how can people imply that Begin is more deserving of a roster spot than Komisarek. Once all those guys, including Begin, come back then Komi is gone? Steve Begin is okay at being the undersized tough guy. I know from watching him in Calgary. But he is useless in other respects and gets injured too often. Langdon is a useful goon. Kilger has hands of stone at times but can be imposing and gritty. Komisarek is part of the future and needs to be played. But there's no one he can potentially replace except Quintal and he commands respect as a vet. Markov is racking up the points, Hainsey doing the job both ways, Breezy's contract is too big, Souray providing some surprising offense along with toughness, Rivet just seems to have the respect of his teammates. Let's see if an injury occurs because you'll definitely see Komi in there in that case.
thats not the point...right now Komisarek is in trouble for his remainding spot because of who's in front of him...he's the 7th or 8th defenceman right now...unless one gets scratched, traded, or injured...i'd rather have him be in Hamilton gettting ice time...bring him up if an injury or trade occurs...

Old
10-12-2003, 03:57 PM
jcpenny

What bugs me is that the best players should play and he is better than Quintal.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:02 PM
habs1988

Relax with Komisarek. He has just one year in the AHL. It won't be bad if he returns there. He has a lot to learn. But I'm not against if he replaces sometimes Quintal. As for Hainsey. He played 2-3 years in the AHL and look now, he played well with the puck and without the puck, no comments. So it takes more time to develop a offensive d-man. Look Markov; our best d-man now.

Old
10-12-2003, 04:09 PM
RE-HABS

Maybe Julien wanted to play Komisarek and Hainsey on a rotating system until a trade with Brisebois or another player can be worked out, but because of Hainsey's strong play it's just to hard to put Kommy in right now.

Trust me, if Hainsey is pulled this week to play Kommy instead and Kommy plays horrible you will all be saying why was Kommy put in over Hainsey. I think Julien is just playing safe and doesn't want to have too many kids in the line up, but with the strong play of the kids I am sure it will make Julien feel less pressured to keep Kommy out and to bring him into the line-up, and pulling Quintal is hard when he is your acting Captain.

Some moves will happen in a trade or players going to Hamilton, Komisarek would be in Hamilton already if Julien didn't think he was going to use him.

One word...............patience!

Old
10-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Kirk Muller

One thing that semi concerns me about both Komisarek and Hainsey is the looming work stoppage. If Komisarek and Hainsey don't get much playing time in the NHL this year, what does next year hold. Both are probably ready to take at least a 5-6 defenseman role on this team right now, but if they don't play this year, they might not get action in the NHL for almost two years potentially. How does this affect there development? We are far from a contender, should they get playing time, or should we let Brisebois and Quintal remain on borrowed time?

Both already have proved a lot already in the AHL, another year or potentially two scares the hell out of me. Yes they both have things to work on but are they things that MUST be learned at the NHL level, ie. the pace of the game, the physicallity, the pressure etc...

Personally I think Montreal has to get both guys in for at least 40 games each this year in order for them to be able to step into a more prominent role down the line when spots are opened. Heck I don't know, maybe I'm a little

Old
10-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Ryan Madden

quintal is in the last year of his contract. until one of the three right d-men ahead of him get moved, komisarek has no spot in montreal. having a right d as a seventh defenseman doesn't work. i think next year komi'll have a spot waiting for him.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:41 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side
quintal is in the last year of his contract. until one of the three right d-men ahead of him get moved, komisarek has no spot in montreal. having a right d as a seventh defenseman doesn't work. i think next year komi'll have a spot waiting for him.
yep. Komisarek will probably have a spot on the roster next season......but right this season, he will probably be in Hamilton for the most part....with the exception of trades and or injuries

Closed Thread