HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All charges dropped against Heatley?

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 12:26 PM
loveshack2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison
Crime Scene Investigators do not look at the cars. They are there to collect evidnce. Nothing more.

Then who does look at the cars? Im not being a dick, Im honestly asking.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Couple of things...

First, on CSI--anything involving the scene, whether that includes the car or not, is in their jurisdiction. It's their job to know anything and everything about what happened. That means the car lands in their field.

Now, onto what this might mean.

Heatley's lawyer on TSN said that he hadn't talked about it with Heatley much, but said "there's a few things we know which we're not making public at this point" or something along those lines. He said the details were still coming back to Heatley because of his concussion. He never said there WAS an object that forced them to swerve, his words were more like:

"We refuse to believe that the car simply went out of control like that. Whether something forced the car to move, we're going to find out, but we don't believe it was a simple loss of control."

Something like that, I'm adlibbing a bit quite sure. But what this could mean is quite simply...it was even more of an accident than we first thought. However, I'll wait for this to be confirmed officially.

~Canucklehead~
I don't know if things are done differently in the United States but in Canada they have people with mechanical training to look at the automobiles (i get to learn all this in a class for school). They would never ever ever let untrained individuals look at a car. It isn't like television you know.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
sounds like bull crap to me...
Edison: Looks like the LIGHT BULB has gone on for somebody!

THANKS!

Old
10-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
Edison: Looks like the LIGHT BULB has gone on for somebody!

THANKS!
the sarcasm detector is off the charts....

i think.... was that sarcasm?

Old
10-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
Then who does look at the cars? Im not being a dick, Im honestly asking.
mechanics are brought in if memory serves me correct. CSI's are there to collect evidence, take photographs, and to insure that the evidence isn't contaminated.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:42 PM
X8oD

Quote:
mechanics are brought in if memory serves me correct. CSI's are there to collect evidence, take photographs, and to insure that the evidence isn't contaminated.
TLC has a great Show which involves stuff like this

CSI does look at the car, but not usually on scene. They usually truck it away to a controlled envoirnment. they work with Mechanical Experts when it involves taking a car apart, but CSI does the investigation themselves. The Mechanical Experts are used, kinda like what a Coronor is used for. They give their opinion after the fact, after the initial examination. I would expect the Mech Exp. to Find out if the Accelerator was stuck. As I dont believe that would be in the realm of CSI.

on the show at least, they look for the obvious. If there was an accident, to look for things on the floor, is the dashboard caved in, Stearing wheel bent. Stuff like that. But stuff like, the breaks giving out, or A Stuck Accelerator, the Mech Exp. usually report that.

Old
10-11-2003, 12:48 PM
wazee

I just checked a fairly active Thrasher website and did not see this mentioned. But even if they find the accelerator is stuck, who is to say it did not happen when the car crashed. I think a lot more information is needed before anyone talks about charges being dropped.

It is time to let the police and the lawyers do their jobsl...

Old
10-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Unless there's a link to a credible source, threads like this involving unsubstantiated rumors will be closed.

It's fine to talk/speculate about what IF something happened, but it's wrong to describe it as a rumor to lend credibility to it.

Closed Thread