HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PIT/STL Proposal...

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
fastfeet*

vCash: 500
PIT/STL Proposal...

TO STL: Jocelyn Thibault, Zigmund Palffy, Dick Tarnstrom, 1st rd '06, 3rd rd '07

TO PIT: Patrick Lalime, Doug Weight, Barrett Jackman

Old
11-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfeet
TO STL: Jocelyn Thibault, Zigmund Palffy, Dick Tarnstrom, 1st rd '06, 3rd rd '07

Why would Pittsburgh trade Palffy? And better yet, why would they trade their 1st rounder in 06?

I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening.

Old
11-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
1. No, I don't want Thibault.
2. Weight has post-concussion syndrome attm, the Pens aren't about to trade for an injured player that no one knows when he'll return.
3. I agree, I don't see Palffy getting shipped out - even more, I don't see the Blues picking up his contract.

So I don't see any of this happening. However, I'm all for that 1st round pick in '06.

Old
11-06-2005, 12:27 PM
cassius

Old
11-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Verbeek
Human see, human do.

Talk about overkill, wow.

Old
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
gr8haluschak

I love these propsals, why would St Louis trade Jackman if they are rebuilding ? especially for a d man....that really what does he do ? as well as adding two players that will help them how in 5 years ?

Old
11-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Any deal that has us shipping Palffy and our first rounder this year...not bleeping likely.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-06-2005, 04:57 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:

"I should send YOU to St. Louis!"

Old
11-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:

No

Thibautl better than Lalime
Plafy better than Weight
Tarnstrom way better than Jackamn

Why would the Pens do that

Old
11-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba
No

Plafy better than Weight

1. About even...
2. Yep
3.......ummmm...no. Jackman >>>>>>>>>>> Tarnstrom

Old
11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
trublu16

Trade

Quote:

Why would in the world would the Blues do this? they wouldn't.

To Stl: T-Bo, Ziggy, Tarnstrom, 1st, & 3rd:
T-Bo has been as bad if not worse than Lalime, if that is possible. Ziggy is overpaid. Tarnstrom is on the IR. Picks are OK.

To Pit: Lalime, Weight, & Jackman:
Lalimeis playing not very good right now. Weight is just now getting back on the ice, so you take him on what he has done in the past. Jackman our best player, arguably.

This is a horrible trade for the Blues, and the Pens drop alot of money on the Blues. This does nothing for a team that is in a process of REBUIDING

Old
11-06-2005, 09:03 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
Why would in the world would the Blues do this? they wouldn't.

To Stl: T-Bo, Ziggy, Tarnstrom, 1st, & 3rd:
T-Bo has been as bad if not worse than Lalime, if that is possible. Ziggy is overpaid. Tarnstrom is on the IR. Picks are OK.

To Pit: Lalime, Weight, & Jackman:
Lalimeis playing not very good right now. Weight is just now getting back on the ice, so you take him on what he has done in the past. Jackman our best player, arguably.

This is a horrible trade for the Blues, and the Pens drop alot of money on the Blues. This does nothing for a team that is in a process of REBUIDING

It's not a horrible trade for the Blues because that first is in Kessel territory. Just think, St Louis with two potential top 5 picks in a stacked draft.

Old
11-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Mister Hockey

I thought it was April Fools!

Old
11-07-2005, 11:21 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Måltid
It's not a horrible trade for the Blues because that first is in Kessel territory. Just think, St Louis with two potential top 5 picks in a stacked draft.
Like I said the pics are fine with me, but rest of that trade stinks. The Blues pick up way too much money. Especially a team trying to nail down a new owner.

Old
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

If anything, wouldn't these two cellar teams makes bad trading partners. They're both trying to shed big contracts, not switch them.

Old
11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
If anything, wouldn't these two cellar teams makes bad trading partners. They're both trying to shed big contracts, not switch them.
Can't speak for St. Louis, but Pittsburgh aren't trying to shed big contracts. It was only a couple of months ago they were handing them out.

Old
11-13-2005, 11:38 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
No

Plafy better than Weight

Tarnstrom way better then Jackman!?!?!?!

Now your Huet for Modin trade proposal makes a little more sense.

Old
11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
trublu16

Quote:
No

Plafy better than Weight

Wrong answer!!

1. Both goalies are a wash, both have been playing way below talent .
2. You are comparing a winger to a center. You can't compare them, each one brings different attributes to the table. But Weight has more value, only because he makes the players around him better. Plaffy does do that.
3.. It is totally up to interpetation of the individual player. But I would give it to Jackman.

But Pitt fans and I agree, this is a horrible trade for the Blues and Pitt. It will never happen.

Old
11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
yentlmania

What about Weight, Brewer ( or Jackman) for Malkin, mi level prospect and #1? Key question is whether Malkin is available as otherwise there is little to discuss as alot of the names mentioned are a wash as pointed out by others.

Old
11-13-2005, 10:17 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yentlmania
What about Weight, Brewer ( or Jackman) for Malkin, mi level prospect and #1? Key question is whether Malkin is available as otherwise there is little to discuss as alot of the names mentioned are a wash as pointed out by others.
Never happen, Pitt fans will scald you for even mentioning Malkin in a trade offer. And Blues fans will do the same with name Backman/Jackman mentioned in any trade offer. So stop now before you cause any more problems.

Old
11-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:

trublu16 ends up being right.

EVGENI MALKIN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE, DON'T WASTE OUR TIME WITH YOUR LITTLE PIPE DREAM PROPOSALS

Old
11-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Plafy better than Weight

Tarnstrom better than Jackman...

P_B

Old
11-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
trublu16 ends up being right.

EVGENI MALKIN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE, DON'T WASTE OUR TIME WITH YOUR LITTLE PIPE DREAM PROPOSALS

If Lemieux decides that he wants to go for one last Cup this year, it's withing the realm of possibility.

11-14-2005, 08:20 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
I keep staring at this not knowing whether to laugh or just gaze in horror. Let me put this in perspective for you: Malkin is ranked 4th overall on this website for future stars (including Crosby) behind Crosby, Ovechkin and Kari Lehtonen. That should tell you the kind of potential he has. With Crosby, you're talking about the Pens basically having Forsberg and Mats Sundin (or better) as their centers for the next 15 years if they wanted to.

Jackman is a good player, but no way is he a cornerstone and neither is Brewer. Weight is effective but really getting up there. This is the classic "I'll give you three of our decent guys for your future stud" trade. Plus you want a number one draft pick???? It's insulting. How about MA Fleury for Reinhard Divis, Dallas Drake, and Jamal Mayers. Oh, and we'll give you a first round pick. I'm sorry but think from a subjective point of view when posting these, you'll sound a lot smarter.

Old
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44
I keep staring at this not knowing whether to laugh or just gaze in horror. Let me put this in perspective for you: Malkin is ranked 4th overall on this website for future stars (including Crosby) behind Crosby, Ovechkin and Kari Lehtonen. That should tell you the kind of potential he has. With Crosby, you're talking about the Pens basically having Forsberg and Mats Sundin (or better) as their centers for the next 15 years if they wanted to.

Jackman is a good player, but no way is he a cornerstone and neither is Brewer. Weight is effective but really getting up there. This is the classic "I'll give you three of our decent guys for your future stud" trade. Plus you want a number one draft pick???? It's insulting. How about MA Fleury for Reinhard Divis, Dallas Drake, and Jamal Mayers. Oh, and we'll give you a first round pick. I'm sorry but think from a subjective point of view when posting these, you'll sound a lot smarter.
See above post.

Closed Thread