HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aebisher- If you were a betting person..

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 08:04 PM
OlWpgJet

vCash: 500
Aebisher- If you were a betting man..

or should I say if you were a hockey pooler betting man and you were in a pool with goalies and knowing how strong the Colorado's offence and defence is , where do you rank him? He could conceivably be the top hockey pool goalie in the NHL this year, maybe 40 wins,10 ties and half a dozen shutouts or he could be Designated Dave on the bench relegated to backup for the rest of his NHL career. Personally , I think he will become the real deal and escalate into the top ten pool goalies in the league this year but again from a poolie standpoint ,it is a very interesting situation that could make or break someone's pool this year and was wondering what other people think?

Old
10-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

he is a great fantasy pick because of the team he is on. He should get a bunch of wins if he is just steady, and more if he plays good.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Mark O

Thanks, I was looking for some input on just this subject. Then, I should be solid in goal with Aebischer, Burke & Khabibulin.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:23 AM
jacksheit

Send a message via ICQ to jacksheit Send a message via MSN to jacksheit
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlWpgJet
or should I say if you were a hockey pooler betting man and you were in a pool with goalies and knowing how strong the Colorado's offence and defence is , where do you rank him? He could conceivably be the top hockey pool goalie in the NHL this year, maybe 40 wins,10 ties and half a dozen shutouts or he could be Designated Dave on the bench relegated to backup for the rest of his NHL career. Personally , I think he will become the real deal and escalate into the top ten pool goalies in the league this year but again from a poolie standpoint ,it is a very interesting situation that could make or break someone's pool this year and was wondering what other people think?
I too Aeb in my pool. I think he has potential to b a great goalie. Colorado has a good d n awesome scorers. He'd do excellent!

Old
10-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

We'll see. Judging from his preseason performance, I'd bet on him. But the Isles proved last night that a great preseason doesn't necessarily translate into a great debut.

One thing Abby has going for him is that he now has the chance to develop a rhythm, a groove rather than just coming in cold to fill in for Roy.

Closed Thread