HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of players who hurt Flyers on regular basis...

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2005, 09:04 AM
greatwhite101*

vCash: 500
List of players who hurt Flyers on regular basis...

Look I know we are injured BUT...
Esche played average in last 2 games bad rebounds all season long, inconsistent, lots of time out of position, doesnít know how to use his stick to poke check a player, over committing on high shots, I do not see any progress with this #1 goalie (think Cujo who signed for a million, easy for me to say).

Therian slow pylon, horrible I thought we were done with him 2 years ago Flyers should only play him against Leafs or Boston. Should only play under 10 minutes per game. Nothing is really knew about this guy.

Savage - this clown can not score basically can not do anything right very disappointing but I rather have him then Brashear against fast teams. Hitch needs to talk to him and get the best out of him.

Brashear well he is just overpaid. If Brashear could skate laterally he would be great but he canít and thatís his biggest problem

Sinderberg solid AHL player. Trade him at some point. He is not even Andy Delmore. I think Randy Jones is better

Last edited by greatwhite101: 11-15-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
While I don't think Esche was bad at all, it is only a matter of time before he is on the bench because of his rebounds. You can't be a contender and have a goalie giving up 20 foot rebounds

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
jb**

Savage and Branko are not helping us and are bringing nothing to the table right now.
PK unit as a whole is killing us. If not righted Flyers have no chance to advance in the playoffs.Period.
Esche last night IMO was bad, 3 goals could have been stopped and didnít make a save when we needed him to.
Brashear is not lifting the momentum of this team at all, we have been outplayed physically the last few games and he needs to drop the gloves and pound on someoneís skull or at least a big hit. Hopefully the team responds. If no at least he did his job.

Old
11-15-2005, 02:21 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
While I don't think Esche was bad at all, it is only a matter of time before he is on the bench because of his rebounds. You can't be a contender and have a goalie giving up 20 foot rebounds
Giving up the same rebounds he got the team to within a goal of the Stanley Cup Finals, with a defense corps that was half in the press box.

Old
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
greatwhite101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Giving up the same rebounds he got the team to within a goal of the Stanley Cup Finals, with a defense corps that was half in the press box.
No one questions what he did but itís time to move forward and improve.
Well IMO goalie should be able to improve. Esche is not improving with rebounds and long shots. I just do not see it. We need solid goalie performance in every game. I amnot going to blame most of PP goals but Esche better improve. I do not see him better then Frank right now and he should be better.
Problem 1. Bad rebounds
Problem 2. He doesn't know how to poke check (Hossa goal, one of Prospals goals)

Last edited by greatwhite101: 11-15-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
spudnick

Don't forget about Hatcher

Old
11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Well, this much is true. I think the defense needs to start getting better at having the sticks on the ice to clear those 20-foot rebounds away from attackers. They did that effectively last season.

Old
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
goodrev

i would say all the big, slow D men we have, they spend more time screening our goalie than clearing the crease, and they have been the cause of many bad goals

Old
11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
In the new NHL, if they clear the crease, they get a penalty, which puts our lacklustre PK unit out. One way or another, the goalie gets screened because poachers sitting in the low slot are untouchable. Say what you want about the 2-line passing, shootouts, and the "crackdown" on stick and holding infractions, but there has to be some kind of leniance on clean positional physical play in the trench. Otherwise you just stick a guy like Chris Neil in front of the net and he goes unmolested as the goals keep pouring in. IMO, that's 90% of the reason scoring is up in the NHL this year.

Old
11-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Brad*

Quote:
In the old NHL, the Flyers defense could park in the slot and clear the opposition out of the way so they couldn't get to those rebound. They can't do that anymore.

And the rebounds seem larger than they have in the past.

Old
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
goodrev

rebounds are bigger b/c esche got thinner pads this year, i believe i read that he has the thinnest in the NHL... regardless his rebounds are attrocious and is something he seriously needs to work on

Old
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
The main problem for the entire team as whole is going up against fast teams. There just isn't enough team speed. When Sami returns from his injury he's speed might boost the team, but still as a whole, were a slow team. Its hard to really criticize the team because we do have a very good record, but our flaws are very clear and they need to be fixed some how.

Old
11-15-2005, 08:34 PM
dabears4

Hatcher is a tree.

Old
11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
MountainHawk

but Therien is an orange traffic cone.

Old
11-15-2005, 08:53 PM
dabears4

This is true, but at least he makes his teammates laugh. What a Bundy.

Old
11-16-2005, 12:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk
but Therien is an orange traffic cone.

He is also a 2 toed sloth

Old
11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears4
This is true, but at least he makes his teammates laugh. What a Bundy.
He doesn't even look like Al Bundy. The only thing they have in common is that they'd both be great shoe salesman.

Old
11-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Look I know we are injured BUT...
Esche played average in last 2 games bad rebounds all season long, inconsistent, lots of time out of position, doesnít know how to use his stick to poke check a player, over committing on high shots, I do not see any progress with this #1 goalie (think Cujo who signed for a million, easy for me to say).

Therian slow pylon, horrible I thought we were done with him 2 years ago Flyers should only play him against Leafs or Boston. Should only play under 10 minutes per game. Nothing is really knew about this guy.

Savage - this clown can not score basically can not do anything right very disappointing but I rather have him then Brashear against fast teams. Hitch needs to talk to him and get the best out of him.

Brashear well he is just overpaid. If Brashear could skate laterally he would be great but he canít and thatís his biggest problem

Sinderberg solid AHL player. Trade him at some point. He is not even Andy Delmore. I think Randy Jones is better
I would add Radio to that list, but untill Kapenen get's back he deserves a roster spot over Brash or Savage.

Also add Hatcher, sure he lays out a nice hit every other game but he turns the puck over way to much, can't make a decent pass if his life depended on it, and routinley get's beat to the front of the net.

I have never been a big Sidenburg fan but he hasn't looked all that bad. He's played better then Therien and you could argue he has played just as good if not better then Derrian Pilon.

Old
11-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Coburnfan05

I know Esche has been a little shaky at times this year and I am not sold on him as a cup winning type of goalie, but we can not blame him entirely. Our defensive zone coverage has been down right horrible at times this year.

Old
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:

Its different now. Before you'd get killed and haeld trying to get to a rebound, now guys can't touch you. A lot of goalies are having a problem with the rebounds they use to get away with in the years past.

Old
11-18-2005, 01:42 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
As you've got obviously no idea how that guy is called: His name is Seidenberg. As a Philly fan you should be able to get the names of your players together...

Old
11-18-2005, 02:20 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick
Don't forget about Hatcher
Don't worry, no one has. The whole Pens organization has him on their minds. Cindy Crosby does, Kovalchuk does from the last game we played against the Thrashers and Hatcher laid him out as well.

Not to worry.

Closed Thread