HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery unable to appeal his fine

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Avery fined for diving

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=142780&hubname=

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...ck=1&cset=true

Old
11-12-2005, 11:55 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Ticky Ticky Time Bomb... I hope Avery loses the appeal so he can rant on... It's glorious, it's riotous, and it makes Kings management squirm like a bad fart in a five star restaurant.

When Sean Avery is no longer a King it will be because of his mouth, not his play. The Kings essentially can't stand this type of behaviour, and will shuffle him off into the netherworld as soon as they've heard enough.

Old
11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Ticky Ticky Time Bomb... I hope Avery loses the appeal so he can rant on... It's glorious, it's riotous, and it makes Kings management squirm like a bad fart in a five star restaurant.

When Sean Avery is no longer a King it will be because of his mouth, not his play. The Kings essentially can't stand this type of behaviour, and will shuffle him off into the netherworld as soon as they've heard enough.
Tubby...are you really a fan of this team or just a bandwagon fan? The reason Avery is being fined for this "so-called" incident is because the league can not prove any of the other "so-called" incidents that Avery has allegedly committed. The league definitely has it out for Avery....this is just further proof of it. I guarantee you that if you watched most NHL games on a regular basis that there are plenty of other players who are more deserving of this penalty than Avery.

Old
11-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Habs13

Yep, the guys a bum..

Old
11-12-2005, 12:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
so whats the number on the dive by the judges? lol.

Old
11-12-2005, 01:33 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Yep, the guys a bum..
Then what does that make Perezhogin? Smelly gloves and harsh words in player's faces don't exactly equal a two handed baseball swing that leaves a guy twitching in the goal crease, do they?

Look, even I (an admited Homer) get tired of defending him, but Sean IS a guy who gets his nose broken and then refuses to send in tape to the league saying "it's all part of the game". And it's fairly easy to tell that Sean practically has to be dragged down with a lasso in order to get a call - and he's definitely earned that.

Does anyone know if this is the first guy to get fined for diving this year? If it is, it almost feels like the "racketeering" charges they throw at mobsters becuase they can't pin anything else on them...

Old
11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
LMAOOO...wow, I haven't seen Avery dive but even if he did c'mon you can't tell me no other NHL'er hasn't done it atleast 2 times. Give me a break...if, Avery loses the appeal then I think the KINGS should pay for it (if its allowed) to send out a message.

Old
11-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Face Wash

this **** bores me... zzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when they drop the puck in Ohio.

Old
11-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Then what does that make Perezhogin? Smelly gloves and harsh words in player's faces don't exactly equal a two handed baseball swing that leaves a guy twitching in the goal crease, do they?

Look, even I (an admited Homer) get tired of defending him, but Sean IS a guy who gets his nose broken and then refuses to send in tape to the league saying "it's all part of the game". And it's fairly easy to tell that Sean practically has to be dragged down with a lasso in order to get a call - and he's definitely earned that.

Does anyone know if this is the first guy to get fined for diving this year? If it is, it almost feels like the "racketeering" charges they throw at mobsters becuase they can't pin anything else on them...

What do I call Perezhogin? Guilty of retaliation and made an example of.

Old
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Yep, the guys a bum..

and another brilliant post...if your going to post moronic garbage ..do it somewhere else.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:21 PM
kingpest19

In the other thread about this issue someone brought up that eric cole got 2 diving calls in one game. Has sean been called for one this year? Its funny how someone can look at a videotap of a game and go oh ok thats a dive heres your lett/fine/suspension for whatever offense it is.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:25 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
What do I call Perezhogin? Guilty of retaliation and made an example of.

....and a gutless puke whos fans have no business coming to another teams board to make trollish comments about a player who has more heart and determination in his 5-9 body than their teams entire collective roster.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:41 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Tubby...are you really a fan of this team or just a bandwagon fan?
First off, what do my comments have to do with this question? I've been going to Kings games since 1975, season ticket holder for a lot of years, and am not on any "bandwagon" and never have been... well, not the "good" bandwagon anyway.

My point is that Avery made a comment that if he's found guilty he'll have plenty to say, and that HAS Kings management cringing... I promise. I know things like that. As I said before, when Avery is gone it will be because of his mouth... not his head, hands and feet...

P.S. I've hated far many more incarnations of the Los Angeles Kings than I have loved, but when you live here, you see them more than you see many of the NHL teams I have admired over the years. I like this team probably more than I have liked any Kings team since 80-81. Bandwagon? Me thinks not.

Old
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Face Wash

Avery unable to appeal his fine

This has all the elements of a witch hunt....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Old
11-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Bob A Booey

I agree. The fact that Avery wasn't even called for a dive penalty during the game in question is complete B.S.

The NHL needs to look at this...sadly I know they wont

Old
11-15-2005, 11:26 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway
I agree. The fact that Avery wasn't even called for a dive penalty during the game in question is complete B.S.

The NHL needs to look at this...sadly I know they wont
From the NHL rulebook:

Rule 52 Diving (NEW for 2005-06)

a. A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who attempts to draw a penalty by his actions ("diving").

b. Regardless if a minor penalty for diving is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury. (See also Rule 33A -- Supplementary Discipline.)

c. The first such incident will result in a warning letter being sent to the player, the second such incident will result in a $1,000 fine, the third such incident will result in a $2,000 fine and the fourth such incident will result in a one-game suspension. (See also Rule 33A -- Supplementary Discipline.)

Old
11-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
From the NHL rulebook:

b. Regardless if a minor penalty for diving is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury. (See also Rule 33A -- Supplementary Discipline.)

c. The first such incident will result in a warning letter being sent to the player, the second such incident will result in a $1,000 fine, the third such incident will result in a $2,000 fine and the fourth such incident will result in a one-game suspension. (See also Rule 33A -- Supplementary Discipline.)
I have seen a large majority of the games played by all teams this year (thank you Center Ice). If they are going to actually follow this rule to the letter then at least 10% of the league should have been fined by now.

This is nothing but the leagues attempt to send a message to Avery that he is under the microscope and to watch himself.

Old
11-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
I have seen a large majority of the games played by all teams this year (thank you Center Ice). If they are going to actually follow this rule to the letter then at least 10% of the league should have been fined by now.

This is nothing but the leagues attempt to send a message to Avery that he is under the microscope and to watch himself.
Hopefully Avery and the NHLPA or his representation will put the league under the same microscope to make certain that the fines are handed out fairly going forward. Not fair at all.

Old
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
I don't know which players have already been warned and/or fined so I can't say if 10% has already received notification. What we do know is that this is Avery's second offense. Two more = one-game suspension...

Quote:
Let's see if Avery can keep his mouth shut long enough to hear the message. I don't have much confidence in that happening given his remarks about the League, Colin Campbell, the CBA and the competition committee. Avery should conclude his rants with If there is anyone here I've failed to insult--- I apologize

Old
11-15-2005, 11:54 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney
Hopefully Avery and the NHLPA or his representation will put the league under the same microscope to make certain that the fines are handed out fairly going forward. Not fair at all.
After this bit in the Daily News?

"It's a (expletive) joke and the players' association is a (expletive) joke," Avery said.

He's probably not gaining a lot of support from any of the sides on this one...

Old
11-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
I don't know which players have already been warned and/or fined so I can't say if 10% has already received notification. What we do know is that this is Avery's second offense. Two more = one-game suspension...

Let's see if Avery can keep his mouth shut long enough to hear the message. I don't have much confidence in that happening given his remarks about the League, Colin Campbell, the CBA and the competition committee. Avery should conclude his rants with If there is anyone here I've failed to insult--- I apologize
I will say that it's a shame... Avery talks so much trash that when he actually says something with merit (like in this case) he won't be taken seriously by anyone... He would be wise to cool it for a while... but I agree K.B., he won't.

Old
11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
After this bit in the Daily News?

"It's a (expletive) joke and the players' association is a (expletive) joke," Avery said.

He's probably not gaining a lot of support from any of the sides on this one...
Yeah, I read that this morning too. Why can't he keep his mouth shut. I think his manager needs to sit him down for a little heart to heart before his career is trashed completly. This is not the kind of reputation you want to have and I've already heard that he's a major jerk. Sad because he is one of my favorite players, I was pissed off when I was told that.

Old
11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
King Blazer

TSN is running with the story now and they've included some of Avery's other gems in the piece...

www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143159&hubname=

Old
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
took420s

Quote:
TSN is running with the story now and they've included some of Avery's other gems in the piece...

www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143159&hubname=
One thing that stuck out in that article is how the league does not specify the play that he dived on. I would think that a clip would be shown to him or the Kings so everyone is on the same page.

Diving is crap and I would like to see the play to judge for myself. I am at all of the home games and watch all of the road games so I see a lot of what I think is diving not being called.

Unfortunatly that's what happens when you say things that piss everyone off, they keep coming back up even when they have no place in the story.

Old
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Captain Ron

Others may not agree with what I am about to say but here it goes.

I think the league is the ones pushing the issue here. It seems that every week there has to be something controversial to talk about. If there isn't then some article concerning Avery gets published. The league realizes that even bad news is news. Like the Palmeiro steriod issue or the Terrell Owens suspension issue. The league knows that the majority of hockey fans hate Avery with a passion. So why not fine him without the possibility for an appeal. The league knoews that Sean will not keep quiet about something like this and they have a villain in the news for another week.

Avery has done alot to deserve negative publicity over his time here in LA. But in all honesty this "Diving" fine is complete and utter bullsh*t. As I said before there are plenty of others in the league who have embellished tripping penalties on more than one occasion this season. I guarantee you there is not some tardo sitting in a dark cellar somewhere watching numerous games saying "ohhh there is another dive I think we need to fine him for that one".

Closed Thread