HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

havlat

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2005, 10:24 AM
nneate

vCash: 500
As soon as Jagr isn't surrounded by Czechs, I would put money on it that he stops trying. The guy's heart isn't in the NHL anymore, even this season he wanted to move to Russia to play.

Hard to say how a trade would effect him. I agree his contract is awesome for the type of player we'd receive, the best in the world. But I would rather get picks/prospects for Havlat after we use his services to win the cup, IF it comes down to that.

Old
11-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Release The Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
As soon as Jagr isn't surrounded by Czechs, I would put money on it that he stops trying. The guy's heart isn't in the NHL anymore, even this season he wanted to move to Russia to play.

Hard to say how a trade would effect him. I agree his contract is awesome for the type of player we'd receive, the best in the world. But I would rather get picks/prospects for Havlat after we use his services to win the cup, IF it comes down to that.
Hasek isn't Czech enough for him? Maybe being reunited with his ol' Olympic Gold medal winning pal will spark him even more.

And Jagr doesn't have to be surrounded by Czech's to make him try. He asked for Straka and Rucinsky in NY because he knows what they can do, he knows they're skilled and won't just quit and give up like so many other teammates he's had.

In order for Jagr to compete at his maximum level all you have to do is surround him with other players that will try and win, that's all he wants. You don't get labelled the "best player in the world" by not having an intense competitive drive to win. If Jagr was surrounded by a team like Ottawa where there were so many other skilled players that gave everything they had to win Jagr would up his game and not disappoint.

Again, Havlat for Jagr, I do in a second. Every single day of the week I do this trade because it unquestionably makes our team better, by alot.

Old
11-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Don Draper

our team gets better, but there a alot of questions that it would come with. Does Jagr play hard if hes not on the top line? How would he feel about playing with vermette and shaef? Havlat seems happy to be with this team, so it may be a big upgrade in talent, but i dont think you mess with talented players like havlat if they seem content in their role.

Old
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Roccoman

please trade him to the Capitals -- you can have Witt & Kolzig & anyone NOT named ovechkin plus a bevy of draft picks (but not our #1 this coming year)

you shed salary, get a solid D-man (who BTW wants to play for a canadian team), a veteran goalie who has been the ONLY reason the Caps have won a game this season, and a plethora of draft picks (that Muckler usually turns into gold)

so . . . do we have a deal??

Old
11-22-2005, 05:18 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I'd hate to see Havlat traded when all this team really has to do is be patient with their younger guys or go out and get a legitimate playmaking centre who can play with Havlat. We have a number of players and prospects to trade for that elusive 2nd line centre but the guy has to be affordable. That guy could be Doug Weight for this year and I'm hoping it will be but for next year ...

I like Vermette at centre and think he has the potential to play that position well in future. It remains to be seen whether Kaigorodov will be able to beat him out for that job. We certainly have some depth at every position but they need to get experience at the pro level to be effective down the road.

Closed Thread