HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 11/15 - Kings @ Predators

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2005, 01:06 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
I think he played a pretty good game..it just seems to me that he always lets in goals at the worst possible times, goals that he should be saving.

this is MO. he can simply look unbelievable at times then suddenly he will give up that weak goal at a critical time. we saw it in Manchester last year as well.

Old
11-16-2005, 02:50 AM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney
While I was awake, Foxy and Miller said as the camera panned to Hauser on the bench, that Hauser would most likely not be making the trip back to LA. That LAB would be on the Bench on Thursday as backup. That's what I heard, so I can't link to anything.
From what I heard, Bob said that LaBarbera will be back with the team on the bench as at least a back up... so he could start too. But at the very least, he will be back up. I just seem to remember him saying "at least."

Old
11-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
From what I heard, Bob said that LaBarbera will be back with the team on the bench as at least a back up... so he could start too. But at the very least, he will be back up. I just seem to remember him saying "at least."
Thanks Lisa. I knew I heard that. I think he probably needs some conditioning before he can start again and they don't want to put him up against the nucks on Thursday. Give him a couple days to get back in form.

Old
11-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
I agree. that was a bad angle and too deep shot. it should have been saved.

and does anybody think the ice was terrible tonite. I saw alot of rolling pucks and players having trouble controlling it.

The ice was friggin AWFUL!!! This was really a game that came down to their goalie putting the team on his back. This will happen from time to time. The Kings shot the puck plenty... Vokoun was outstanding. Garon was very good, but he needs to make that PK save. He has to be our best PKer. Last night he wasn't.

Old
11-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
The ice was friggin AWFUL!!! This was really a game that came down to their goalie putting the team on his back. This will happen from time to time. The Kings shot the puck plenty... Vokoun was outstanding. Garon was very good, but he needs to make that PK save. He has to be our best PKer. Last night he wasn't.
Concur

Old
11-16-2005, 11:29 AM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Agreed.

Vokoun stood on his head and got his team the win.

Our PP must improve.

Old
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
King Blazer

I watched the game and I think the Vokoun stood on his head stuff is a bit much. He had a good game but I don't think the Kings tested him all that much. He was getting good looks at most of the shots. No traffic in front...

Frolov had a terrible game...
Gleason was all but invisible...
Brown doesn't appear to be a top-6 yet...

The Power Play?

Old
11-16-2005, 12:31 PM
nikolai19

People have to remember this team was not going to go 76-5-1. Games like this are going to happen. There were plenty of opportunities for LA and Garon played good but not great. This was the last of the four game trip with two being tough road losses to good teams (Detroit, Nashville) and two being games that were won that may have not been won last year (Chicago, Columbus).

There are bound to be games where Gleason, Frolov, Cammalleri, and Brown take nights off. They are all young guys that are still going to have lapses. Give credit to Nashville for finally getting a PP goal after 27 some odd chances that the Kings had done well on.

The major focus is beating Colorado and Vancouver at home. Who knows maybe 75-6-1 is still attainable?

Old
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
People have to remember this team was not going to go 76-5-1. Games like this are going to happen. There were plenty of opportunities for LA and Garon played good but not great. This was the last of the four game trip with two being tough road losses to good teams (Detroit, Nashville) and two being games that were won that may have not been won last year (Chicago, Columbus).

There are bound to be games where Gleason, Frolov, Cammalleri, and Brown take nights off. They are all young guys that are still going to have lapses. Give credit to Nashville for finally getting a PP goal after 27 some odd chances that the Kings had done well on.
Great post. The Kings played a hard fought, close game against a good team on the road. They were in it to the final horn. The Phoenix game mentioned earlier was the only game this year the Kings weren't in at the end. That's pretty impressive, imho.

Old
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19

The major focus is beating Colorado and Vancouver at home. Who knows maybe 75-6-1 is still attainable?
agree. and the bottom line is that the kings are still winning two for every one loss.

Old
11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
agree. and the bottom line is that the kings are still winning two for every one loss.
Yes they're winning 2 out of 3 but they're not having much fun against the Detroit's and Nashville's of the league.

Old
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
Yeah but it sucks that on this road trip our only two wins came against the bottomfeeders, and we lost both games to the "good teams." It especially sucks when you play just as good as the "good teams" but still lose.

Frustrating.

Old
11-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Yeah but it sucks that on this road trip our only two wins came against the bottomfeeders, and we lost both games to the "good teams." It especially sucks when you play just as good as the "good teams" but still lose.

Frustrating.
When the powerplay struggles, they let these type of close, one-goal games slip away. The Kings were 1-6 on the PP against Detroit (and lost in OT). Last night they were 0-5, losing by a single goal. If they can get the PP going, and at the very least average 2 PP goals per game, the Kings can maintain their position in the standings. If it continues to struggle, I think some teams behind them will catch up as the Kings will continue to squander these type of games, where they dominate a majority of it but fail to convert in opportune situations.

Old
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

talk on this board makes it seem like the Kings, as a team, got outplayed by the Preds...i think its the other way around....if anything, the Preds got pretty lucky getting 2 points tonight....

they had spurts of good play b/c of their skating...but other than that, it was the suspicious penalty on legwand that cost us the game....

Old
11-16-2005, 06:46 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
talk on this board makes it seem like the Kings, as a team, got outplayed by the Preds...i think its the other way around....if anything, the Preds got pretty lucky getting 2 points tonight....

they had spurts of good play b/c of their skating...but other than that, it was the suspicious penalty on legwand that cost us the game....
exactly!

Old
11-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
Luck is not completely shutting down the Kings top two lines. Luck is not completely shutting down the Kings powerplay. The only "luck" that Nashville gets is actually getting rare recognition from opponents for being a good team.

Old
11-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Fingolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Luck is not completely shutting down the Kings top two lines. Luck is not completely shutting down the Kings powerplay. The only "luck" that Nashville gets is actually getting rare recognition from opponents for being a good team.
Oh, come on... its not like the Kings have a *good* powerplay or anything.

The Preds played a very good 1st and 3rd period, and were completely dominated in the 2nd. Without Vokoun, the Kings come out of the 2nd with at least a 4-2 lead. Hey, I'm not saying the Preds didn't earn the victory (they did), but there's no denying Vokoun won that game for them.

- Fin

Old
11-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin
The Preds played a very good 1st and 3rd period, and were completely dominated in the 2nd. Without Vokoun, the Kings come out of the 2nd with at least a 4-2 lead. Hey, I'm not saying the Preds didn't earn the victory (they did), but there's no denying Vokoun won that game for them.
Last I checked, a game is 3 periods and outplaying for 2 periods outweighs getting outplayed for 1. As for Vokoun, goalies winning games for their teams seems to happen quite a bit against the Kings. I wonder when people will finally realize that it's a problem with the Kings, not merely excessive bad luck .

Old
11-16-2005, 11:41 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Last I checked, a game is 3 periods and outplaying for 2 periods outweighs getting outplayed for 1. As for Vokoun, goalies winning games for their teams seems to happen quite a bit against the Kings. I wonder when people will finally realize that it's a problem with the Kings, not merely excessive bad luck .
Concur. Vokoun was stellar, Garon was good, but we needed him to be great on the PK and unfortunately, he wasn't. The Preds deserved the win, although the Kings were in the game until the final horn.

Old
11-17-2005, 12:28 AM
kingbrath

The main problem I see right now is definatley the PP, the Kings HAVE to start scoring some goals or they will lose alot more games like this. Next, I think that Labs should be named the #1 Goalie of this team..he has done enough to earn it and I think knowing that he is #1 would give him even more confidence.

Old
11-17-2005, 01:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
You knew it would come. Some people have been just waiting to pounce... nevermind that LaBarbera has played no better than Garon has these last three games.
No way..LaBarbera has clearly been better than Garon. He is much more sound in net and has his head on straight. I was someone that was all for Garon being handed the #1 spot...good thing I was wrong because at least right now Garon clearly is not better than LaBarbera just by watching (nevermind the numbers)

Old
11-17-2005, 01:54 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
No way..LaBarbera has clearly been better than Garon. He is much more sound in net and has his head on straight. I was someone that was all for Garon being handed the #1 spot...good thing I was wrong because at least right now Garon clearly is not better than LaBarbera just by watching (nevermind the numbers)
Agreed!!

Old
11-17-2005, 02:19 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I also agree.

Closed Thread